“Hotel very close to airport rail link station”
Review of Europa Inn

Europa Inn
Ranked #583 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Chennai
“Hotel very close to airport rail link station”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

You cannot say it is a great hotel but not bad either. It is a compact hotel with all the basic needs for a business or tourist traveller.

The hotel is value for money kind of hotel with no frills and you can really enjoy the stay. During transit, it is better to take this hotel instead of hotels very close to airport and you will get for lesser price.

You can commute to and from airport by airport city link train and hotel is walkable distance from the station. You will also find shopping areas nearby hotel.

Hotel staff are good and kind enough to help you in all the needs of you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Marutha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Picked this place online, very late at night in a hurry for a 1.5 day layover in BKK with my daughter. Friends were staying in the Sky Hotel nearby and figured it would be cheap and convenient for a hang, shop, etc. This hotel is literally was a 2-3 minute walk from the station and you can see it as you get off the Airport Link.

I can appreciate that this is Thailand, and this isn't my first rodeo, but the room was rough and dated even beyond archaic mainland China standards. There are little insects everywhere. Curtains, bedskirts stained. Bathroom a total disaster, but ironically all marble. Toilet crawling with little insects, that migrated to the main room. I had to ask the staff to come and clean the sludge that was in the toilet that requires a 3-4 flush no matter what you do. Sink faucet is tilted to the left and there is no hot water. Shower spits out luke warm water and looks horrendous.

In the lobby, there was a toilet seat just leaning up against a wall as we set out for the evening. Come on! A toilet seat in the lobby? There were two brand new Mercedes parked in the lot. I'm totally confused now. I booked two nights, planned to sleep for one, spend the day until a midnight flight to London. Shame I spent 37US a night. 80 with tax for two. The AC blows cold but feebly.

I plugged in my computer and sparks flew madly from a light on the wall (embers) and blew a fuse in my room. Ten pm. Two guys in the lobby, one out cold. Three trips up to my room (zero english, my daughter sleeping) and one returns with a small fuse (obviously has happened before) but forgets to return the glass panel in the washroom, leaving wires exposed. Classy.

I have NEVER wanted to give any hotel a terrible review but there is just no getting around this. The door is opened with an actual key. I also wasn't asked for my credit card information which should have sent alarm bells!

The area is bustling and filthy, hordes of tourists from everywhere, taxi/tuk-tuks are agressive and the Sunday "market" was a depressing display of cheap tourist-centered knick-knacks and t-shirts that will look foolish when you get home. I love a good night market, but this felt a little gritty and desperate.

Breakfast was a sad state of affairs. There was practically nothing available and the 8 people (presumably all that were foolish enough to stay) had to order runny eggs as they walked in and then waited 10 minutes for them. There was literally NO food as we walked into the buffet area. A German tourist was apologizing to his Thai girlfriend at the table next to us for bringing her here.

If you're going to come into town for a layover, spend a little more money, or a lot (it's all a cheap taxi ride away) and you'll feel better. You'll forget about the money, never about the experience.

For the record, the woman who runs the place is very sweet. The staff is nice enough. I'm bailing on my second day and have booked a day hotel for the rest of my layover. Yes, it's that bad. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stu_W1
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I disagree with the reviewer who called the Europa "low quality". No, it is not the Penisula or Hansar, but then it isn't 16,000 bht a night either. For 1100 bht I got a clean room with decent beds and good hot water and free wifi. The AC blew nice and cold all night, and in spite of being wedged between the train tracks and the highway, my room was decently quiet. The owner is attentive and polite and she possessed workable English. Also included was a reasonable buffet breakfast with both Western and Thai dishes. The best thing about the Europa is the location- just a few minutes from the airport link and the bts skytrain stop. I am a walker so I hiked up to the shopping district in about 20 minutes- Central World, the Paragon etc. In that area there is a fantastic block with Thai sidewalk restaurants if you love street food. If you are less adventuresome, they have all the usual mall eateries in the Central World 1st floor. On the corner is the Link Corner Hostel where you can sleep in a dorm for 348 bht or get a private room for about the same price as the Europa. I will definitely be staying here again when stopping through Bangkok, because it fits my budget and met my expectations.

Room Tip: Be careful if you are using the bing map on Trip Advisor to find the Europa- I did and it was wrong...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank KhunKru
Shiraz, Iran
Reviewed 13 June 2012

In 2012, tables 7 days to Bangkok with my wife and I had to stay at Euro Hotel, this hotel was very close to commercial centers MARKET. Hotel staff who were very kind and lovely, but very low quality were hotels

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Hamed A
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 20 April 2012

hotel is at the center of crowded place of the town but it has its own calmness.the staff although know very little english but are very friendly.brakfast was very thai and we didnt like it but every morning we tried to find something to eat.internet was 100 bhat for 24 hours and the speed was good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank hakar032
guwahati
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We were looking for a hotel what will give us a silent atmosphere, near to a comfortable market, full of eating place arround and easy accessibility to all other places in bangkok ofcourse at a very very reasonable(if not cheap) price.
I was happy that sky train station was just two minutes walk. And the breakfast was quite satisfying.View from the window pane relaxes you.
My wife was happy that the cheapest market in Bangkok was at walking distance.
My son was happy that all the eating places are nearby, just walk down. The Car crazy guy could take photograph of all the models of the vehicles from the Bedroom.
The lady in the reception was excellent, very helpful. Her smile attracted us all.

Room Tip: Take a room that faces the Ayuthya street
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family