“Nice food”

Tue, 5/17
20:00
Ranked #657 of 13,906 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thung Maha Mek
Description: For the last five years, nahm has consistently ranked in the top 10 restaurants in Asia in the annual San Pellegrino and Acqua Panna list. In 2017, nahm was once more awarded one of the guide's coveted Michelin stars, putting it among the top restaurants in Asia. nahm emphasises the strong, fresh flavours of traditional Thai cuisine, headed by Chef Pim Techamuanvivit. Chef Pim delivers tastes and textures in dishes of all varieties, whether savoury or sweet, meats, seafood or vegetables.
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

Polite staff, nice food, but fish isn’t so good, overcooked. Recommend appetizers. Thai dessert is not my cup of tea, but I think it should still taste good to those who love Thai dessert.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank mscchk
Write a reviewReviews (3,217)

Reviewed 8 March 2019 via mobile

What a surprise when we arrived at the Como hotel when we saw that one if the best Asian restaurant was just on the ground floor. We insisted to get a table for 7 with 3 kids. Got a table :-) Excellent discovery menu. We appreciated the menu card for kids. In Europe, you are not really welcome with kids in a michelin star restaurant. Here, we enjoyed the kindness of all the team. And for people that criticized this restaurant, if you are expecting the classic michelin star with french influence... Just skip this restaurant. Here is a restaurant for open minded to other cultures and types of foods and for us, it was the most amazing dining experience of our trip in Thailand!

1  Thank Aijki
Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

We booked here upon recommendation of a fellow Michelin Star chef who told us to not be dissuaded by the negative reviews, she was totally right.

From first to last, every dish was totally standalone without ever overlapping in flavor (something a lot of Thai cuisine tends to do.) We opted to go a la carte instead of the tasting menu but still left feeling fully satisfied. Our server Nop was extremely knowledgeable of the menu explaining what region each dish came from and even telling us the proper order to enjoy them in for the desired effect.

Despite seeing reviews that state that the dishes were small I found them all to be extremely generous (especially considering Michelin status which sometimes leaves you always wanting more.) Both my girlfriend and I said that the Guinea fowl Larp and the red curry with duck were the best we have had in our 2 week Thai vacation.

Chef Pim states that her mission with Nahm was to shine light on her homelands traditional cuisine while giving it a fine dining twist, a mission I say was accomplished!! The prices considering status and quality are extremely reasonable, we look forward to coming back and heavily recommend this to anyone looking for top of the line Thai.

2  Thank ianwilson707
Reviewed 4 March 2019

I have to say that on the day we were booked to go, I stupidly read a whole bunch of the negative reviews here... and almost cancelled our booking.. I'm so glad I didn't because we had a lovely time and really have to say that Nahm is a wonderful restaurant.

I have no idea what it was like with David Thompson, but with the current chef, it was a fun night with terrific and delicious food.

It's by no means perfect, but all these reviews carrying on about how tasteless it is, with such poor service and ambiance are just rubbish... so ignore them all. Or take them with a grain of salt.

The service was excellent. I suppose the only criticism I would have is that the meals came out way too quickly. There wasn't much (if any) of a break between what we had.

But in terms of flavour, yes it was great. Service was very good also. Some reviewers mentioned price, but honestly, that's just what a good restaurant costs, so I'm not sure why they were surprised or annoyed for having to pay for water. You pay for water at Subway.. so why should a top restaurant be any different! We had their version of a tasting menu, but it would have been much cheaper if you just chose normally from the menu. I think it cost something like AU$450 for two, with a bottle of wine which cost maybe one third of that.

I don't know if I'd necessarily give it a Michelin Star, but that certainly shouldn't detract from what it is, and what is presented. My wife and I had a great time, and enjoyed it much more than Gaggan, which we'd been to two nights earlier.

2  Thank 486StuartB
Reviewed 4 March 2019

The restaurant is in the Metropolitan hotel. Service is excellent, and we had the taster menu which gave us some delicious Thai food. We ate on the terrace overlooking the pool, very romantic in the evening. Not cheap at 9000 baht, but well worth it. So happy we ate here.

Date of visit: February 2019