“great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 1,128 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Guangzhou, China
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

i just stay here for one night, actually i just stayed here for sevarl hours for the night, great location for shopping, but not so impressive as what i found on the internet, small dorm with sharing bathroom, close to the road so a little noisy at the mid night

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I arrived to Bangkok for the first time. The friendly and helpful staff made me feel like home right away. It's the best service I have ever come across.
The location is great as well, just near two big shopping centres and a big food market.
The hotel also have some activities if you are up for a drink with other travellers.
Overall, great experience. Mainly because of the AWESOME staff.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Milford Sound, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed in this hostel for one night and wasn't that impressed. Alright, the location is great (close to Siam Square) but it's also noisy, even during the night. The rooms are tiny and I was really annoyed by the power sockets not working (unfortunately I found out after I went to get an international adapter because I thought the socket wouldn't accept my plug). The huge lockers are a plus. The bathroom was messy and smelled badly. I wasn't impressed by the service either, there were 5 people behind the counter when I arrived but only 1 actually bothered serving me. 2 were just responsible for the adjacent bar, 1 was starring at his computer screen and didn't even acknowledge me and the other one didn't seem to speak much English or was too afraid to speak it so she left it to person nr. 5. When I enquired about touristy things I was referred to the travel desk next to the door but the guy wasn't really helpful either, couldn't give me detailed answers and didn't seem to be too interested in me (rather cleaned out his collection of brochures and had me waiting).
All in all, it's an alright hostel but before I come back I rather check out other locations and see what else Bangkok has in store. For people looking for party and meetings heaps of other people this place seems to be the right place but if you prefer something quite than stay away from this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Giwikatja
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

Major point is the location, then the staffs, and then the comfy beds, great rooms, showers, etc.

I stayed on two separate bookings. First one with friends, and second one alone. But both in dorms and both are with good experiences.

The place is very well maintained, sometimes I stayed until lunchtime and the cleaning lady asked daily whether I wanted to change my sheet. That's awesome! By the third morning, the breakfast lady remembers that I prefer tea. A staff in the front desk tried to remember greetings in my language. Another staff patiently waited for a cab for me at 4.30am outside and explained to the driver where I am going.

Everything is within walking distance, Siam malls, MBK, a design center I kinda forgot the name. BTS is just 5 steps away, and you can actually walk to Central World if you want. Also Jim Thompson house is just around the corner! If you need to go to The Grand Palace, cross the street and take a bus. 7-11 next to the hostel sell Bangkok bus routes map.

Will be back soon. :)

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

My friends and I stayed here Aug 22-24 2012.
They have the most helpful and friendly staff I've ever met - they even talked to our taxi driver for us to clarify our intended itinerary. They even recommended a better route for us to be able to visit all the places that we've listed - and we've listed a lot for a day. Our tour of Bangkok went without any problem - my friends and I had a great time and we were able to finish our itinerary a couple of hours earlier than planned.
The rooms are nothing but cool! :) 'Love the bed (so soft, so comfy I almost didn't want to get up. ha!), love the the size of the room, love the way the shower room, toilet, and lavatory were placed apart - so my roommate and I were able to take a bath/freshen up in turns quickly. Love the location - it's near MBK and other shopping/grocery places so finding a place to shop or eat isn't a problem at all; BTS train is in front. Love the colors of the wall and the funky prints. And the electrical outlets... there were more than enough for my roommate and I to charge our cameras and phones at the same time. Oh, and our room was clean - looks clean, feels clean, smells clean. ;-)
And yeah, the Internet connection, even inside the room, was fast.
Highly recommended. Will definitely stay in Lub d Siam when I visit Bangkok again.

2 Thank izzieH2O
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I love how the atmosphere it is at Lub'd! Full of colours, hip and funky! Their rooms are clean and the beds are comfy too.

Just that on one of the mornings, we woke up to noises outside our room (we were on the 1st floor) to find out that there was a filming crew just outside our room! Imagine walking out of the room with our sleepy faces to go to the common bathroom just to be faced with a lot of people.
They had an entertainment room on the 2nd floor which i've been wanting and planning to go to but when i finally had the time, it was always full. Their entertainment room looks really comfy with beanie bag, huge tv and just the perfect place to hang around with your pals after a day long day!

Location of Lub'd is very convenient. It is just a short distance away from MBK, Siam Paragon and of course the BTS train is just directly in front. We got hungry at night, and the 7-11 is just next few doors away!

Staff speaks good english too. All the bathrooms were full in the ladies common bathroom one morning and a friendly cleaner showed me the way to the upstairs common bathroom.

Had a great stay!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed here in June 2012 for one night.

We had previously stayed here, when it had just opened. We were happy to see that 2 years later, the place still looks great (maybe even better now that it's a bit more lively, with books and noteboards and the like). Room was still great, clean and with a good aircon. Communal bathrooms also nice and clean.

Staff is helpful, the new tourdesk was a nice addition, used them to book train tickets to Chiang Mai and a tour to an island near Pattaya.

Absolutely still recommended!