“Great hostel in Bangkok”
Review of Lub d Bangkok Siam

Lub d Bangkok Siam
Ranked #34 of 1,413 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I visited BKK for 3 days after our trip from Phuket. We stayed in Lubd in a group of 6 persons, 4 of us stayed in ladies dorm while another 2 men stayed in mixed dorm. Overall the facilities are great, wifi works around hostel, the AC was very nice and cold, the beds are also comfy, the staffs were trying to help us with our queries regarding Bangkok's transportation, shopping center, etc. The only issue is the ladies dorm room are a bit smelly like a newly furnished room but once the room is cold the smell will be gone. Overall we enjoyed our visit to Lubd and looking forward to have another nights in Lubd. Keep up the good work lads!

Cheers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,084)

Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you've had enough of Khao San Road, or you fancy doing some shopping before returning home, this is a great place to stay.

The place is keep very well clean, it is comfy enough, and the wifi is among one of the best I came across in south east Asia.

There is keycard access to the rooms and it does actually work. The bathrooms are fantastic, toilets are seperate to showers (hooray for no wet shorts!) and the showers are designed in such a way that there is seperate compartments where you can keep your clothes and towel completely dry and draw the curtain across the shower which I think is a fantastic idea.

Close to all the big major shopping centres of Bangkok, and right outside the skytrain station with easy access to other areas of the city without having to sit in the ridiculous traffic. Also incredibly easy to get to/from the airport and only costs about 70 Baht and takes an hour, a far better way than taking a bus/taxi.

Only drawbacks I have is that the walls look like they are made of solid concrete but you can still here people slamming doors next door and a family with kids above running around their room. Also the open-fronted design of the hostel means you can hear the street quite well.

Also, I don't know if it is supposed to, but it looks a bit like a prison wing! Not a problem but it's just an observation I made and I found it a bit odd!

Room Tip: Maybe try and get a room near the back of the hostel to limit the amount of street noise you can hea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ChrisT1211
Lub_d, ผู้จัดการ at Lub d Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us and we are really happy to know that you have a great time at Lub d! Due to noise issue, we have set up sound proof at the door room already, but at the moment we have received a couple of complains about noise, So if you can help us by letting us know which room number you stayed that would be very useful. Please contact us by e-mail contact.siam@lubd.com Thank you very much in advance.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

BED BUGS EVERYWHERE! Although our first stay 3 weeks prior to this stay was ok we were not as happy upon our return. The room seemed damp and musty upon entry (we had a twin single). The safe once again did not work and could not be fixed so forget locking up any valuables! Returning at 11pm from nice evening out we were horrified by the the scenes that would befall us. BED BUGS EVERYWHERE!!!! About 20 inside one pillow, large and small, some had obviously fed well on the previous guests! They were also all over the walls which I have never seen before! The front desk were not so helpful, nonchalantly shrugging off our complaint! After some firm words and showing them the state of the beds we were relocated to another room which seemed better. All in all, the whole place is probably riddled with the blighters. All they did was strip the bed linen from the other room in the morning. Poor form! Aside from this the rooms are very basic and concrete. The rest of the hostel however is really cool and the bathrooms are very clean! Potentially risk it but AVOID ROOM 402!!!!! The staff paid for washing our clothes the next day but it wasn't ideal and unlike other reviews which also state their are lots of bed bugs out bags were bit washed!!! We did get a full refund as well bit for the sake of some money id rather go without this drama.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Bennit99
Lub_d, Owner at Lub d Bangkok Siam, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear guest, we are very sorry with the incident and sorry that your returned stay disappointed you badly. At Lub d, we take the bed bugs issue extremely seriously as we have been known for having the most extensive bed bugs control in hostel business. We blocked every rooms for extensive inspection program at least once a month, and more on the dormitory rooms. We spent a full two to three days on each room during the inspection process, and our whole inspection regime is incredibly in detail. We are also very strict in the selection of the chemicals we are using in order to make sure that all of our guests will be save, not only from bugs but shall be from any unseen chemical traces that may have a long term health effect. However, we need to admit that, sometime we faces the same faith with all other facilities in this industry throughout the world that the bed bugs do appear. Having said so, we are striving toward a zero incident on this, in which so far we had achieved the result to a good extent. We do sincerely apologize to the incident, and we can reassure you and all our guests that we are taking this issue very seriously and we will continue to be the leader in providing the guests with the most hygiene condition in hostel business.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Lub D Siam Square for 4 nights in April at the beginning of our trip to Thailand. We were extremely happy with choosing to stay here and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. We are in our late 20s and it seemed like a great atmosphere for our type of crowd. With that said, I would even recommend it to couples, groups, singles or anyone at any age - it seemed to work for everyone!

Our room was extremely clean! We had a double deluxe and it was fairly spacious - I was impressed! The only complaint I had about the room was that it was loud at night... The rooms are actually outside and the music from the outside bar/car plays until late at night. We were very close to this and so the sound travelled into our room. Im not normally bothered by noise but this was a bit loud. I would still stay here again, in a heart beat, but I would request a room at the back of the hostel to be farthest from the music.

The location is very good - a quick walk off the sky train and accessible to everything. We had no problems getting around!

Overall, we loved our stay here and would return if we ever have the chance to return to Thailand!

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hostel, farthest from the entrance side, to not be distracted by m...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is a very nice place at the center of BKK's shopping district. The beds are well made so you feel comfortable even if this is a dorm room type of accommodation. Rooms are clean. Shared shower rooms are clean and designed in such as way that you can shower with ease while securing your shower things. The front desk knows transportation options and places to see in BKK. The lobby is lovely. Computers are available for guest use. WIFI connection is working in all areas. A bar is operated by the hostel just outside the building.

The only downside is that I requested a lower bunk bed almost 4 months before and the same was confirmed by them in an email but by the time I checked-in I was informed that they reserved the bed I requested but a guest occupied the same. They even told me that they tagged the bed with my name. I checked on the supposed tag in the morning but the name in the tag is the other guest's. Before check-in the front desk also informed me that they will try to look for another lower bunk bed but eventually informed me that nothing is available and my upper bunk bed is waiting for me with my name tag. Why would you tag a bed when you will look for another bed as requested previously? If they should have been honest about it and told me at the onset that they have missed my request and apologized, I would not make a fuzz out of it. They should have been honest all along.

Except for the above mentioned, the place is great but I would rather stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great time. Lub d lies in the middle of Bangkok's biggest shopping malls (MBK, Platinum,...) and has good access to the train station. The beds, the rooms and the showers were extremely clean as cleaning staff were working throughout the day. The staff was very friendly and helped us planning to go to the temples and around Bangkok.
If you look for a clean, good hostel and don't mind paying a little more, Lub d is the right choice!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

before staying here, already recommended this place to many friends. and I'm not wrong.
the facilities are top notch ! i like the shower room with extra small area where you can put you clothes/stuff without getting wet.
and for people who can't stand only using tissue after doing "no 1 or no 2" and need "water hose" on the toilet, yes, they have it !

the staffs are super cool, helpfull & nice. they even ask me whether im gonna take shower after i already check out from 2 weeks ago, and just came back to take my luggage !
and before i left, all of them said "good bye" with a smile. so sweet !

too bad just stay here for 1 nite. really worth the price !

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends