Found that fantastic hotel on tripadvisor.com and the positive comments are more than true - this gem will become my standard Bangkok hotel in the future.
Perfectly located in the old town, close to the major attractions (Grand Palace, Reclining Buddha, Flower Market and Khaosan Road - if you wanna call the last one an "attraction") - you can reach all These places within 15 min by foot). The room size is ok, every room has it`s own typical style and is more than a standard, anonymous hotel room. The bathroom is ok as well, typical Thai shower, but with a shower curtain that prevents a flooded bathroom. The room is cleaned every day. Breakfast is good (coffee, eggs, fruits, some Thai dishes).
The best thing is the green patio - the road outside is quite busy, but entering the hotel area leads you to another, quiet world.
About the cons: Far from Skytrain, ok, you have to accept if you wanna stay in the old town. Thin walls - however, the hotel is quiet, but you can hear other guests sometimes.
Room rate of 1.800 BHT including breakfast is more than fair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the old neighborhood area with historical building and shop houses stand lively along one of the first road in Thailand. Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms and Cafe is a one stop heritage destination and is perfect for tourists searching for a nostalgic experience in old Bangkok. Standing right at the center, it is just a few steps away from many major historical attractions – 10 minutes walk to the Grand Palace and Wad Pho, 15 minutes walk to Khao San road and 10 minutes walk to flower market.Feung Nakorn Balcony itself boasts a mix of Thai and western designs, a 4 story building, which has been converted from a local elementary school but retains many of its classic structure and design. Here you’ll find the main reception area, a cozy open-air restaurant, and a peaceful landscaped outdoor garden. There are 4 suites, 30 standard rooms and even 4 shared dorm rooms to accommodate backpackers. The rooms are decorated with an eclectic mix of Thai styles for a different experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms And Cafe
- Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe Hotel Bangkok