Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe
US$295
US$156
US$147
US$175
All reviewsflower marketwat phogrand palacekhao san roadwalking distancemajor attractionsthai languagecrazy cityminute walkquiet hotelair conthe location is perfectthree nightsnoodlestaxi drivernice roomrooms are large
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hotel is located in the old town of Bangkok within waking distance of main attractions (Wat Pho, Grand Palace, flower market). Surrounding area is nothing fancy. 7-11 store down the street. A block away there is a local market where we bought breakfast. Locals cook food on the street, sell fruit, juices, desserts, flowers, clothes. A taxi from BKK airport was $30. At check-in they had a welcome drink (juice), in room free snacks and bottled water. Most people at front desk spoke English, not in the restaurant though. Things to do - at the front desk they give you a map showing what's around and a binder with tour options. If you need a taxi, just stop one in front of the hotel and make sure they have a meter so no surprises. If you arrange through the hotel it's more expensive. Room was just nice and clean. A/c was cold which was VERY important as outside was humid and so hot! Hot water in the shower, in our room there was a curtain. Bed was comfortable. In front of the rooms there are chairs and tables. Food in the restaurant was good, service average. The courtyard was really nice and peacefull to relax and get a drink from the bar. They also had a happy hour in the evening.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jivkas
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I spent 3 nights in this little hotel with my family. What a relief it was to have such an incredibly quiet place to sleep in hectic Bangkok! A welcome drink upon arrival, snacks and bottled water in the room, a map of nearby attractions - very pleasant additions.
Sheets and bathroom were clean but the floor hasn't been swept and there were long hairs lying around everywhere. We had a problem with a/c because it was right above the bed and it seemed impossible to set the temperature to anything warmer than freezing.

There is a lovely space by the reception, next to a koi pond, where you can eat breakfast (not a particularly good one), use their wi-fi or just chill looking at their lush tropical garden.
Reception staff speaks good English, but waiters don't speak English at all, at least those who serve breakfast.

It was sweet when they gave my son fish food to feed fish in the morning; it's a lot of fun when you're 7 :)

The hotel is within walking distance to major attractions - many temples, flower market, night market, Khao San Rd. - we'd just start walking around aimlessly and would end up in amazing parts of old Bangkok. It's important to have with you the name of the hotel written in Thai and also their phone number - quite a few tuk-tuk and taxi drivers didn't know where it was but all it took to clarify was one short phone call. And make sure to check with the receptionists the usual tuk-tuk and taxi fares to the attractions you're interested in because a lot of the drivers will try to trick you into paying much, much more.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MammaNessa
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My partner and I stayed there for 4 nights upon arrival in Thailand.

Things I loved: koi fish pond, location, coffee in room, and EXTREMELY friendly service that went far above and beyond expectations to help me with my work situation. I really couldn't believe how far the manager went to help me. Also, reception staff gave us valuable info on what to expect to pay for taxis. Felt very safe in chaotic Bangkok. Flower night market is so close by, and another market for street food and iphone cases and flip flops etc. We visited some other hotels in the course of our trip, and although they had household name recognition, I really preferred staying in an area that wasn't wall to wall hotels. Would have been nice to be near a BTS station, but I didn't mind. There's a Chao Phraya Express Boat station by the nearby markets that was really fun and inexpensive way to get around and see the city, you can take it to a BTS station and transfer.

Only thing I wasn't thrilled with was the warmish water situation in the shower, but Bangkok is so hot, that I didn't really miss it.

Would definitely recommend to others, thrilled with level of service.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the ground floor, especially for a couple.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

My sister and I booked the Feung Nakorn for 4 nights in Bangkok and were so pleased when we arrived into the beautiful gardens. They served us with a lovely traditional welcome drink and we waited by the fish pond until our room was ready. The ambience of the hotel is perfect with beautiful wall art decorating the converted school.
The room itself was also lovely and spotlessly clean. We took advantage of the free room snacks which were a nice touch and the wifi worked well throughout our stay.
The only reason we didn't give this five stars was the bathroom which wasn't up to the standard set everywhere else in the hotel.
The location is good for exploring the city and the staff were extremely helpful providing us with maps of the city and the area and taking time to explain where to go and how to get there answering all of our questions.
We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend anyone visiting Bangkok to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I loved it here, I stayed in the dorm room, there are two I think (4 beds in each), I stayed four nights and didn't have neighbors in my room very often, but I enjoyed the privacy. I had my sheets changed every day, inc, towel and a bottle of water, also I got a free breakfast every day (quite decent with fried eggs, cereal, toast, fruit, sausages, cold juice and water and more). They have the most beautiful pond in the front with a little fountain and big gold fish, next to a bar that serves tasty and reasonably priced drinks. Service and facilities were also excellent, honestly I can't complain and was looking forward to writing this review. It is also very close to all the attractions in the old city and nice street food and markets.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo