Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
Agoda.com
All reviewsflower marketwat phogrand palacekhao san roadwalking distancemajor attractionsthai languagecrazy cityminute walkquiet hotelair conthe location is perfectthree nightsnoodlestaxi drivernice roomrooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Authentic building with small garden to relax. Simple rooms with AC. Very young and friendly reception. Well located next to historical attractions. Be careful: They charged us 225THB (5EUR) for the breakfast as it was not included in the room rate.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I had a nice stay at Feung Nakorn Balcony Rooms & Cafe. Having never been to Bangkok before and with only a few days for my visit, this hotel's location allowed me to see many of the major sites quickly and on foot. The staff also gave me a little map which was helpful for getting around.

To be honest, I found the rooms a bit underwhelming. The lobby area is nice, and serves a good breakfast in the mornings, but the rooms feel a bit like renovated classrooms, with a rather institutional feel to them. I was still comfortable, but had higher expectations for the rooms due to the raves on Tripadvisor.

Overall I was happy. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and free mini-bar items are a nice touch. I would stay here again.

Just a few notes:

1. If you plan to take a taxi to the hotel, go to the hotel website and print out taxi directions beforehand. My taxi drivers were uncertain of the hotel location, but the printed-out map and Thai instructions always got me to the hotel in the end.

2. I paid extra for breakfast when I booked beforehand on a third-party website, but it seemed once I got there that breakfast was included for every room. That was definitely strange, but probably not the hotel's mistake. Still, I would be wary of a breakfast charge in the future.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank klwils0n
Reviewed 3 April 2013

My foreign friends decided to come visit Thailand. They booked this hotel as it is located right in the middle of BKK old town and got recommended from some travelling websites.
I joined them for 1 night. It wowed me for its surprisingly serene and charming atmosphere. We enjoyed having a cup of coffee by the fish pond and hanging out around the hotel for half of day. And, the room was so spacious, clean and comfortable. The famous emerald Buddha temple is like 10 minutes away by foot. I totally recommend here to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arial18
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We (my husband and I, and two of our friends) only stayed here one night because Bangkok was a quick stop in our flight schedule on the way to Chiang Mai. We didn't have much time, so the location of this hotel was great b/c we were able to do a lot of things in a short amount of time. The hotel is about a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride from Khao San Road - a very fun, lively place to go to at night with great food, drinks, lots of people and shops. It is also close to the Grand Palace and 2 famous temples - Wat Pho and Wat Arun. We were able to go to all of those places in less than 24 hours. It is about a 45 minute drive from the airport.

The rooms were okay - nothing too bad, just not the cleanest I have stayed in. They smelled a little musty and the bed was very hard. The most annoying thing was that you could hear everything through the walls. The door is located on the outside so you can hear things going on in rooms above you, beside you, and you can hear noises outside.

The breakfast was good - not many options, but very good. The staff was nice and arranged tuk-tuks and an airport to the taxi when needed.

Overall, we were satisfied with our stay, just wish we could have gotten a better nights sleep. But if a good location is what you're looking for - this is the place!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda F
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Perfect place to stay in Old Town of Bakgkok. All major touristic attractions are at walking distance and yet it feels so calm, so green and peacfull if you want to escape from the masses and touristic noise. The service is very good. We definately recommend this hotel yet there are three things worth to consider:
1. Location is great but since the hotel is pretty new and relatively small, taxi drivers don't know the place. TIP: print out the map - large scale and small scale. Otherwise it will take you way too long to explain where it is.
2. If you are addicted to coffee and prefer non Thai breakfast, book it at the hotel. Don't relly on booking it on the go as at 10 am we were offered cup of coffee only, no meal was left. So we decided to look around for the set breakfast. Unsuccessfuly. Then had to wait Feung Nakorn Cafe to open (11 am) - perfect coffee, beautiful atmosphere and no breakfast menu... So we ended up with Thai food. Yum.
3. Make sure that you won't get the room closest to the staircase. Our was :) So you hear every dear neighbour coming and going. And also, they can see your room from the up stairs.

Room Tip: No room 211, 212 or other close to the staircase. Too noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple