“Would come back. Quaint, quiet, location excellent”
Review of Baan Silom Soi 3

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #121 of 667 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Bundaberg, Australia
“Would come back. Quaint, quiet, location excellent”
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Staying here now with my daughter. Walk down the lane and there is the main road. Train stop is just a minute walk up that rd. night markets the same. 7-11 is opposite hotel. Chemist and banks and food stores around the first corner. Day stalls are all about. Motel room is clean and a good size for a couple to come home to. We Only wanted a place to sleep at night and this is perfect for that , quiet and aircon . Good sz fridge in room. A Safe you can easily set your own code in. Staff are pleasant. Swipe access to room. WIFI is Easily accessed and fast . Bathroom is large. The only Downside - very hard bed , shower water only warm not hot. I WOULD COME BACK AGAIN :)

1 Thank RosyJo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in Nov 2011. The rooms were light and spacious, very big! Comfy beds. The service staff are VERY nice, especially the older security guard with a big toothy smile :) This hotel is family run. The location is really good, close to major stations, so you can pretty much go in any direction. The staff offered us really good travel information, and told us about all the sights in the area and how to get there.

However, I feel this hotel is far from calling itself a 'boutique' hotel. They offered no hand soap, and the body wash that was in the shower was empty (I assume from the last tenants), so they hadnt even changed it. The shower could have also used a bottle of bleach to clean it! The TV wasnt tuned in our room, so we did it manually ourself. I just feel for the price (which was also more EXPENSIVE then they had quoted me in our emails!!! But too tired at 5am when we had to check out to argue) that you dont quite get what you pay for. However, in saying that, was a good little 'oasis' as someone said, after our backpacking stay in Chiang Mai

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashleigh F
Nong Khai, Thailand
Reviewed 14 November 2011

A great little hotel i.e.guesthouse and close to main area for going out

SW UK
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Clean spacious rooms. Modern clean bathroom. Polite nice staff. Great location. No complaints at all. Would recommend. And return.

Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I spent 4 nights at this boutique hotel in september 2011. For me it was like going back to my little oasis after sightseeing in the big city of Bangkok. Very clean hotel, nice king size bed, big bathroom, and above all so well situated near sky train (Salat Deng) and metro/subway Silom)...also close to night market of Patpong!!. Free tea and coffee in lobby and a nice little patio. It is a nice find and so affordable....I recommanded it to other travellers I met during my trip in Thailand! Bravo Baan Silom!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2011

What u read (from the reviews) is what u get. Great location at the heart of Silom business district which is 5mins walk from Sala Daeng BTS. Cheap nice food are of abundance, esp during weekdays where there is a busy food street just outside the hotel. Room is not specially spacious but definitely cosy. Bed is so comfortable that i slp like a baby everynight. Every staff is so courteous and always eager to attend to my every query. N now that there is an english speaking staff at the frontdesk at night is definitely a plus point. Nothing major i can complain about. Only 1 thing: on the last night of my stay, i notice a couple of cockroaches roaming around the lobby. Hope the management can do something about it. N 1 little request: mayb afew more varieties can be added to their tv channels.
Other than these, i definitely enjoy my stay at Baan Silom Soi 3 and it will definitely be on the top of my list the next time i visit bangkok.

• Stayed September 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed here twice while in Thailand - at the start of our trip and then again at the end. After hearing stories of people turning up to hotels and being told they are closed etc and then taken to crap hotels I was a bit nervous when we turned up after midnight to be told we were being moved... however, my husband spoke to the manager and all was fine. They were overbooked so they paid for an upgrade and sent us to a four star hotel around the corner.

When we stayed for a few nights before leaving Thailand we really enjoyed it. The rooms were freshly decorated, large and comfortable. Great hotel.

Staff were incredibly friendly. Free wifi!

Loved it!