“Great location, comfortable”
Review of Baan Silom Soi 3

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #128 of 707 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 February 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and well put together. It's right on Thanon Silom, which is where's it's at. The place is surrounded by a couple of nice restaurants including a great Middle Eastern place. The room was impecibly clean and had modern furniture. I stayed there with my girlfriend and she was pretty excited about the place. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Try to get the ones in the separated building.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Vincenz541

Reviewed 27 January 2012

While I did not really compare the price much to other places in Bangkok, I was satisfied with the stay.

The staff working at the front were friendly, although mostly, they did not speak much English. While I do not think they necessarily need to speak much English, it would be nice if they were instructed to put you in touch with someone who could communicate with you.

Otherwise- clean and good location. Hot water worked fine for me!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank monde6219
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Found this place purely by accident and we are glad we did. Although quite basic the rooms are quite spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. The staff are exceptional and the son of the owner speaks fluent English, a real asset to this place. Its a family run business which shows and we could not fault it.

The shower and bathroom was great as was the air con which, for a change wasn't noisy.

The location couldn't be better a 10minute stroll to the Night market and Sala Daeng. Seemed to be a very safe area with a couple of coffee shops on the soi and a 24hr seven eleven almost opposite.

Some reviews mention communication issues with the night porter however this was not a problem for us as we speak some basic Thai. All in all a great visit and one we will definitely repeat.

Room Tip: We had a corner room looking out over the soi and it was great with two sides being windows it was v...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulwflyer
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Very helpful staff, brilliant location, clean and nice rooms (standard or superior, we tried both) with reasonable price. Perfect for a stay in Bangkok. We returned there 3 times during our stay in Thailand.
Go without an hesitation!

ps : Be careful not having a tricky request out of the administrative working time, because only the watchman is in and cannot answer you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2011

an update. We did get good hot showers a couple of nights so maybe it was about timing. Never a cold shower though, just warm leading to hot.
We stayed a total of 9 nights. And even though the bed was hard (and I have to admit I like a soft bed), we both slept well each night after long days of sightseeing and shopping. I had no qualms with the checkout price, it was exactly as quoted in email.
All the things I wanted in my accomodation were well done. Location/price/cleanliness/facilities/security.
If you want a motel to be the highlight of your trip then this is no holiday resort. It is simply accomodation. I thought it was fantastic. And I have already recommended it to people back home.

Dont be put off by how it looks when you pull up, not quite as glamourous looking as the website portrays.

Well done guys, keep up the good work :)

Room Tip: we were on the second floor. They do have a lift. The aircon worked great, and was quiet. No stree...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank rosyjo11
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Staying here now with my daughter. Walk down the lane and there is the main road. Train stop is just a minute walk up that rd. night markets the same. 7-11 is opposite hotel. Chemist and banks and food stores around the first corner. Day stalls are all about. Motel room is clean and a good size for a couple to come home to. We Only wanted a place to sleep at night and this is perfect for that , quiet and aircon . Good sz fridge in room. A Safe you can easily set your own code in. Staff are pleasant. Swipe access to room. WIFI is Easily accessed and fast . Bathroom is large. The only Downside - very hard bed , shower water only warm not hot. I WOULD COME BACK AGAIN :)

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank RosyJo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights in Nov 2011. The rooms were light and spacious, very big! Comfy beds. The service staff are VERY nice, especially the older security guard with a big toothy smile :) This hotel is family run. The location is really good, close to major stations, so you can pretty much go in any direction. The staff offered us really good travel information, and told us about all the sights in the area and how to get there.

However, I feel this hotel is far from calling itself a 'boutique' hotel. They offered no hand soap, and the body wash that was in the shower was empty (I assume from the last tenants), so they hadnt even changed it. The shower could have also used a bottle of bleach to clean it! The TV wasnt tuned in our room, so we did it manually ourself. I just feel for the price (which was also more EXPENSIVE then they had quoted me in our emails!!! But too tired at 5am when we had to check out to argue) that you dont quite get what you pay for. However, in saying that, was a good little 'oasis' as someone said, after our backpacking stay in Chiang Mai

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple