“Simply Perfect!”
Review of Baan Silom Soi 3

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #118 of 741 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at the Baan Silom Soi 3 for 14 nights, I pre booked a deluxe room & requested a room at the front of the hotel. When I arrived the check in process was really easy & I was shown into my room within 2 minutes of arriving at reception.
I found everyone at the hotel to be really polite & helpful even though most of the staff didn't speak English they were always willing to try & help me.
The room was large with plenty of hanging space for clothes, the bathroom was great & there was always hot water available for showering. The room was air conditioned but I found I didn't need it at night as I got too cold with it on.
Everything worked in the room & I couldn't fault the cleaning of the room which was done every day whilst I was out.
The hotel is located a little way down Soi 3 (Soi Phipat) off Silom Road, I had no trouble getting to the hotel from the airport by public taxi which cost me 500THB including motorway tolls & a tip for the driver. The hotel is approx 3 - 4 minutes walk from Patpong & 5 minutes walk from the Sala Daeng BTS station.
I will certainly stay here again when in Bangkok. I felt the staff really cared during my stay & helped make my stay in Bangkok a pleasant one. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Pay the little bit extra & go deluxe
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank NawtyStupot

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked this hotel for couple of nights mainly for its location and it is really a gem. The grand old lady in the front desk is too friendly and she guided me to shop for cheap electronic gadgets and other such things. The MRT Railyway station is just a 2 min walk. The location is calm and clean. Though they dont have a coffee shop, you could find a bunch of eateries in the Thanon Silom Road. I would definitely suggest this hotel to all. A+++.

Room Tip: The entire hotel is a smoke-free property. You cannot smoke beyond the reception area. :-)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Badri S
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Is my 1st time to stay to this hotel, I will higher recommended to all of you out there and my friends to stay here. Really have a very big room, clean and comfortable. Easy to get train, food and other services. All just around the corner. Will stay again if come to Bangkok again.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Eriqu
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Echo other reviewers' positive comments. The MRT station is a short walk and it's best to head left out of the hotel, through the market for your morning breakfast. There's a lovely coffee/tea shop as you enter the market and a food court on the right about 200m in.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bijoy G
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I think two things rock about this place - the location ( walking distance from Main Road in Silom, hardly 2 mins!!) - you ve the market, eatery, 7-11's, MRT (abt 10 min walk) and secondly, the spacious clean rooms - enough space, great beds, clean bathrooms. All in all, great value for money. Only wish they provided breakfast (but they don't ve space for that!).

One more point, if you invite any friends over, they wont let them stay in your room beyond midnight (even if its only for a beer and chat!!) - quite a let down but nevermind, we did let our friends out.

Room Tip: Guess all rooms are same - all of 20 rooms on 5 floors.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sanyamk
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Baan Silom is a small, recently redecorated hotel on Soi 3 in a good location for enjoying the Thai nightlife. Patpong is a 300 meter walk, crossing Silom. The room is basic, but very clean. It had a large window covered with slat blinds which we never opened as the view was only of the dirt behind adjacent residences.

We stayed five nights on two different visits. The second time we had a car and the owner kindly let us park for two nights in one of the four spots in front of the hotel. The outside veranda is very comfortable with nice touches in the garden with small pond. I sat there for some time using the free wireless internet, which by the way never seemed to be working properly on my floor.

It's a good value for this area, and we would stay there again in the future for sure.

Room Tip: I always ask for a corner room or end of the line, but that's me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We'we lived here for 6 days and 5 nights. Excellent location, near metro, this hotel is a pleasant surprise. Lots of shops, restaurants and food stalls nearby. Room space for large light and very clean, the air conditioning is a little noisy. Staff is very friendly, 24 hours security and counter staff, very safe, though in a lively area, but the hotel is very quiet in the alley is the choice of value for money, if the opportunity or will choose to live here.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple