Baan Silom Soi 3
US$130
US$126
US$108
Travelocity
All reviewsnorthern thailandtv channelsnight marketfood streetpatpong marketcentral hotelsmall hotelstayed nightsminute walkrooms are spaciousearly checklocation is excellentreception areaper dayvisit bangkokthe main roadbts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Great ocation, clean rooms, very nice hotel. Really not expensive and very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to any traveller business or leisure.
Many TV channels, and very comfortable beds.
The rooms are nicely decorated and make you feel comfiortable.
Will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The not-so-pleasant surprise was that the room, though reasonably big, wasn't even close to the 40 meters advertised on Booking.com. No advertised microwave either. The advertised desk was more like a coffee table.
The rest was more or less as described - a good city view, a modern and big safety deposit box, air-conditioning (though pretty outdated and lacking the possibility to set up preferred temperature), cable TV (though with quite limited number of channels).
The best about the hotel is a) its location in a quite side street, but at the same time in a walking distance from the Sky-train, subway, several currency exchange offices, night market and lots of restaurants and shops and b) friendly and attentive personal, which not only agreed for 3-hour early check-in, but even provided us with umbrellas when it rained.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ostap N
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I stayed 3 nights there and requested an early check-in. It is really good that they can offer me a room even I arrived early. Here is my feedback:

- Room is big enough for a solo traveller, bigger than those I stayed in similar price range in Silom
- Decoration is a bit old
- Air-con is noisy
- the curtain cannot block the sunlight so that each day I have to wake up early
- Service and wifi are good
- Free snack and coffee/tea bags at the reception
- Bed is big even for 2 people with 4 big pillows which is comfortable
- the hot water in shower is not stable and the shower head is somehow broken
- no teethbrush provided (but it's ok for me as I prepared it for my own)
- Location is good as it's near the night market, about 1-2 mins. About 6-8 mins walk to Saladaeng BTS.

One thing they need to improve is the cleaness as I found a small cockroach in bathroom. I am used to book another hotel but that one was full so I booked this one (and slightly cheaper than the one I want to book).

Besides, when you walk along Soi 3 you have to be careful as the pavements are very narrow and there are also notices saying snatches with motocycles may pass by so you need to be careful your personal belongings on your way between hotel and the main street.

I would consider this hotel again if I cannot book the one I am looking for as it is better value compared with others in the same price range.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Keith W
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Good value. Small clean comfortable room good shower, hot and enough pressure. Toilet with both bum gun and paper. Not easy to find for taxi drivers but in fact a 2 minute walk from Silom Road and Patpong, should one wish to visit there. Has elevators, good with luggage. Good St food nearby. Why there is not hot water and tea coffee in room not sure, would be so much better, as would tea as well as coffee. ( a common gripe for me in Thailand) All in all good for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jirob
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Being Bankok the city that we least enjoy for now on our tour of Southeast Asia, this hotel located in a side street with less traffic and two stations near the Skytrain was one of the things we most like in Bangkok.

This hotel is well located, has a giant room, new and well-furnished, a strong air conditioned strong enough to cool down the room in a heat town, large bathroom, very bright and clean and a super powerful shower.

The bedroom has a big bed, a refrigerator that fits much average (up ice cream in the freezer), a small tv with few channels, an armchair and a low table.

One flaw: no breakfast. But we buy into one of the thousands of 7 Eleven stores and eat in our room. To go for the Great Palace and surrounds areas will be a little dificult. Or you go by boat or by taxi. But this is a Bangkok problem.

The internet, when he began to work at the end of the second day was very fast.

The reception staff speaks almost no English - only a young man who arrives at 6 pm. But they all are super friendly and with a gestures and speaking slowly and managed to comunicate very well. They even got us a metered taxi to take us to the airport, thing that we find almost impossible by ourselfs. Every taxi drive that we try refused to turn on the meter for us.

Room Tip: Got a room in first floor in the front of building. Besides Bangkok been a noisy city, we don´t have issues in room. But we believe that upper rooms are better. And the hotel have a elevator, so no problem.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple