“All in one ok.”

Baan Silom Soi 3
Ranked #113 of 650 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“All in one ok.”
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, which was my first stay in bangkok.
This hotel is located in a good area, but in a sideroad. Its a bit hard to find for taxi drivers and its location on the Trip Advisor map is not correct.
The staff of the hotel is very friendly. Most of them dont speak english but they always have english speakers on call.
As i checked in and lead to my room i realised that the entrance to my building was in another sideroad of the sideroad, which i found a bit scary to come home at nights. They also held a big dog in the entrance parking lot, which was scary too.
The room was very nice and modern. No private safe. Tiny Bathroom with a bit of mold in the shower cabin. There was a tiny balcony which was blocked by the airconditions motor.
The matrace was too hard for my taste but this was the same with all other low price hotels i visited in Thailand.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iris O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Early morning at 6am, you will heard the neighbors here switch on the music loudly and the room window was shaking because of the music. When checked with the customer service, they are unwilling to help and said this is usual.

Then up to no choice, we have to check out and bear the lose of 1 night charge.

• Stayed December 2013
5 Thank Raydric
KnOt1sT, Guest Relations Manager at Baan Silom Soi 3, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear value guest,

First I want to thank you for choosing your stay at our hotel 4 nights during New Year. Believe us, we truly understand your anger concerning to the noise around the house during "New Year Eve". On the third day of your stay around 10:00am , you informed us We did took "Action" we informed our neighbors twice to low down the music, result they did but a while later they had it on again. Finally, we called police to complaint about this disturbance. Police has their lawful way to take action, still there is noise but went off later in the afternoon around 15:00. However, our guest would like to check out on the third day around 12:00pm and asked us for 2 nights refund. Normally, in this particular case we never gave out refund but we did because at least our guest would feel better while his/her stay in Bangkok, so we gave him 1 last night refund but guest still insisted at least 1 and a half night refund which is impossible because it is already "the 3rd day" so he ended up very very angry because he didnt get another half night. Also, guest slammed the phone on the table, now it is broken. This is the whole true story what really happened

Normally our hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok city, but our hotel is normally very quiet and feel very private because of our building design. All guests who had stayed with us trully know this.

Accidentally, this is the new year time, there could be some noise and lot of celebration around Bangkok not even Silom. "Everywhere in Thailand" We are apologized for this matter and we feel sorry to of our guest. We are small running hotel but whoever stay at our hotel, we service with our smile and true generosity.

Thank you for reading this reply.

ST
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. I visit Bangkok several times a year and this hotel is always the first place I look for available rooms.

I believe it is family owned and operated. It is in the 2.5 star category in my opinion. Clean, basic, safe. No pool, no restaurant. If you need a breakfast buffet or pool, you will want to stay someplace else.

Although I am a frequent customer of this property, I wouldn't normally write a review. I feel it is a waste of time when everyone writes the same thing, or when one person writes about an anomaly. I feel most information already here on TripAdvisor gives you a good idea what this property is all about.

However, I am taking the time to write this because I too was staying at this property November 4th-10th, 2013 when they experienced a power loss, and subsequent water pump failure. However, my impression is vastly different from reviewer "splinter49"

The property lost power in the evening. I would estimate the time to be between 17:00 and 18:00. It was raining hard; i'm not sure if this was a weather related event. I was in my room at the time. Other businesses in the area also lost power. My room quickly became too hot without the AC working. So, I decided to step out earlier than originally planned for the evening. I left my room probably within 30 minutes of the power outage. When I arrived downstairs the ownership of the hotel were very apologetic for the outage (something that was out of their control). They were on the phone to someone, city, private company, i'm not sure, trying to get information about the situation, and assistance with restoring power.

I sat outside on the patio area for about 30 minutes before I left for the evening. But,while I was still there a service truck pulled up and they began working to restore the power. When I returned to my room that night, around midnight there was power. Since I wasn't at the hotel when power was restored, I can't say for sure how long the outage lasted. However, at the most it was about 7 hours, 17:00-24:00. I was impressed at how quickly, within one hour, that work began to restore power. If I called my power company during a storm here in the USA about my power being out, I'd be lucky to get my phone call answered within one hour.

I am not sure how the hotel staff could be expected to notify a "booking agent" of guests checking in that night when they had no power to operate their computer and look up reservations checking in that evening. Also, this happened at close of business, I am not sure a booking agent would have been available.

The water pump problem the next day is believed to be associated with the loss of power the day before. Again, the staff was apologetic and prompted. The pump was repaired and water restored within a few hours.

"splinter49" should ask his/herself what brought them back to Baan Silom Soi 3 four or fives previously? I consider that return business a recommendation.

This hotel is small business operation. I was impressed at how they responded to two things outside their control. I was impressed at how quickly things were returned to normal.

If this property fits your requirements, please consider it. Be comfortable in knowing if something out of the ordinary happens while you are there, they will respond quickly. And take splinter49's repeat business as a recommendation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank BDavis206
Thank you so much Davis to clarify this for us. If you ever come to Bangkok again please come over to say Hi to us = )

Once again, Thank you so much for your review!

ST
sg
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The location is unbeatable: step out the front door and there is Chong Nonsi Skytrain station. The friendly chap at the front desk actually remembered that I had stayed there previously about a year prior to this stay and upgraded my room. The room was very spacious with modern decor. There is also a roof top pool but I didn't use it this time round. Will definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jeremyay
Nong Khai, Thailand
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I did feel let down this time due to no power in the hotel when I arrived and they knew the day before, but did not inform either me or the booking agent.
Also there was no water because the pumps did not work.
I have stayed at this hotel 405 times before, but will not return!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank splinter49
Phoenix
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The BaanSilom Soi 3 was clean and a great price in a great location. The staff were genuinely friendly and spent quite an amount of time one morning helping us plan our day. Some of the staff speak English well, others not as well. All were more than gracious and helpful. The room was clean and actually rather spacious. The location is near the Sky Train and all that is the Silom area; but not noisy at all. It is a relatively small hotel. It has a very nice Thai flair to it which I enjoyed very much. I thought it was fantastic for the price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed this hotel on 15/09/13-19/09/13. The location was great near 2 nite market n night life. I did a lot of shopping during my trip 2 BKK on this month. The staff were very friendly n good. 1 bad thing was the rain every evening it rain.

• Stayed September 2013