“it has improved”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Siam
Description: Sister restaurant to Copenhagen's Kiin Kiin - one of only two Thai restaurants worldwide with a Michelin star. Lunch: Open daily from 12:00 - 15:00 (last order at 14:30) Dinner: Open daily from 18:00 - midnight (last order for set menu at 21:00) (last order for a la carte menu at 22:30)
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I remember going there 2/3 years ago and having one of my worst culinary experience in Bangkok. Awful food at astronomical prices.

Although it is still expensive, prices have gone down a lot. We had a set diner at 2200++ which is still on the high side but acceptable for the number and variety of dishes.

Overall the food quality also has improved, but it remains very uneven. Some dishes are bland whereas others are really interesting and tasty.

This "molecular" thing is a bit ridiculous. You really have to be a great chef to make good use of it. Which is obviously not the case here. Therefore for the food itself I would only give a 3.

What makes me give a 4 overall is the setting which is luxurious, but also beautiful, peaceful, and comfortable. It is a very pleasant place to have diner (i just wish the food could improve further)

Service is very good; as it should be at a 5 stars hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The service is perfect. The atmosphere if restaurant is very good and grand. Just the food taste so so only. The beef in taste tender and good, the rest seems not suit my taste.

1  Thank Dreamscometrue9
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This restaurant is located at Siam Kempinski. The food and service are excellent. Though the price is a bit high, it is definite a good value for money.

1  Thank Kwok Fai L
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Dined here tonight with a fellow chef friend. We had high expectations and were both extremely disappointed. In fact we almost walked out after eating a few dishes. Why on earth would you put a dish of beetroot done three ways and then top it with an awful green curry foam. I've been eating Thai food for years and have never seen beetroot in any dishes let alone a green curry. We both thought the dishes lacked any real food. One of the first dishes that was real food was the beef dish which was the last of many dishes so we had to eat all the others first to get to something resembling fresh food. The lobster was tough..overall very dissatisfied and sorry we chose this over dining at nahm. I think perhaps just adding in some fresh foods would be a big help. Thai should be all about fresh ingredients and that is totally lost at sra bua.

3  Thank 46traveller46
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We booked at Sra Bua based on some web recommendations and we definitely were not ready for this. Located in the Kempisky hotel, the design is airy and modern while conveying a sense of tradition. The elegant use of wood exudes warmth and welcome. My wife ordered the 10 course meal while I went for the 7 course. Both are misnamed because we ended up eating many many more (small bites but still). The experience was amazing one of the most memorable dinners I had. It was more an exploratory expedition of tastes, textures and culinary treasures.

A must if you're in Bangkok.

1  Thank Lebmajor