“Insulted By Restaurant Staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
Ranked #431 of 650 Bangkok B&B and Inns
“Insulted By Restaurant Staff”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Please be advised that if you stop by for a drink in the restaurant and ask to recharge your phone, you will be treated as though you were a thief trying to steal their precious resources. I asked for permission to recharge my phone so that I could use it on my upcoming flight. The staff member asked me what room I was staying in. I told her I was a first time restaurant guest having a drink and she proceeded to give me a lecture on how it's rude to order just one drink (I had just arrived) and sit there abusing their electricity for the rest of the day. A little presumptuous, no? At no time did I raise my voice or otherwise give her reason to react the way she did. Great way to treat your guests! Going by the other reviews here, though, I'm not surprised.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank parasight

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Czech first
Xiamen, China
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here for almost a week and we really loved our stay. There is a great vibe and it is full of travellers. They show movies every evening in the chill out area where there are cushions and everything to lay back and read or chill out. The food in the restaurant is good, the staff are friendly and the rooms are basic but clean. Very cheap. Great value for money. Only downside was no wifi but there is an internet cafe next door.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sinead N
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We only stayed here for one night since the day after we were departing to the south of Thailand. We arrived in Bangkok from Cambodia at 9pm and started to look for a guest house near Khao San Road. This guest house is a few streets from Khao San Road and it wasn't really noisy so its maybe a good option if you are trying to avoid staying in Khao San.

The staff was unbelievable rude, the woman in the desk just answered yes/no to all of our questions, but we were quite tired after the trip and they had a triple and a double room (we were 5) for a reasonably good price so we stayed there.

The rooms are pretty basic, with private bathroom and fan, so I won't complain about the room itself. In my floor (2nd floor) there was a terrace and everyone smoked there, although there were a lot of signs of no smoking.

In the main floor, at the time we arrived, a lot of people were watching a movie in a big screen. I think they have this cinema twice a day, so if you want to see a movie or just chill out you maybe can go there. Also you can use internet in their computers, but you have to pay, no free wifi for the guests.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Chiang Mai
Reviewed 30 July 2012

The title and all the other reviews about the staff at this place says it all really! Awful, awful people.
The fan rooms are cheap, but they're placed on the top floor which makes it way too hot to get any sleep.The one saving grace about this place was that I made a great group of friends here, united by our contempt for the clowns that ran the place, amongst other things :)
Avoid like the plague.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Although I agree with the other reviewers that this place isn't pretty, it served it's purpose for a good price. All we wanted was a place to sleep that was in the middle of the action. The rooms are sparse (no outlets!) and no towels in the rooms. We didn't book any trips or tours through the hotel either as they seemed a bit more of a rip-off than elsewhere. The location can't be beat though as it's off of Khao San Road (so away from the ridiculous noise) but literally a 5 minute walk. Right outside are some great massage and nail places, delicious, cheap food, and a close walking distance to the river where you can take a water taxi to visit the temples.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

If you are travelling on a budget it won't get too much better value, $5 per person buys you a twin room en suite with fan. Bit hot in the rooms but is to be expected. Location is excellent with good bars in walking distance and no major noise after around 1am. Staff arnt particularly friendly but no real problems. No free wifi but a/c Internet cafe downstairs (there is a better and cheaper one next door). Stayed for 7 nights and was ideal for the essentials on our budget

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Iamnotasextourist
Da Lat, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The manager assaulted us in the lobby. we told him that we were moving into another hotel, he came at my boyfriend and myself with a baton. If you ever visit Bangkok, go anywhere but this place. the are rude and dangerous and will try to take ever dime from you. don't fall for their friendliness. It is fake. I have uploaded some of the pics of the assault on us

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple