“Cheap, basic, but OK.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
Ranked #459 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The reviews here tend to be so negative - I have been staying at this guesthouse several times before even reading them and I'm glad I did. Given the price, I consider this guesthouse fairly OK for travelers on a tight budget.

No problems with the staff either, haven't really been paying attention at first but after reading some of the reviews here I started to. Conclusion: they are OK and some of them are even really nice. Smiling, helpful, etc. Not super friendly as you might expect from other areas in Thailand but seriously, what do you expect. You are still in the Khao San Road area after all. They are used to rude, drunk tourists who are yelling at night and trying to sneak in Thai prostitutes.

Will I stay here again? If on a tight budget and willing to stay close to Khao San Road, definitely.

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to be cheaper and more quiet, except for the single rooms, they are on the first...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 March 2013

sheets were dirty, there was no blanket on the bed. The beds werent even real beds they were more like two sofas pushed together. Food was awful at the restaurant. Ants crawling all over the place. make you pay for toilet paper in the room. Wifi is extra money as well. Staff is very rude. Would not stay here again there are plenty of places around that are the same price and much better.

Room Tip: Choose somewhere else this place is crap.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place before heading to the south and this guesthouse was alright, 350bt for a double room, fn, private bathroom (cold shower). Room was small, bathroom even smaller, bed super uncomfortable, and it was quite noisy during the night. I dont think we'd stay here again, although for one night it is not a bad deal. They offer wifi for 40bt/4hours or 80 for the whole day, but it only works down in the restaurant. They also have computers, some are very slow, try to look for internet elsewhere. The area is good, many food and clothes stalls, a little bit less tacky than Khao San. The guesthouse screens 3 movies a day on their big flatscreen tv.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 15 January 2013

People are reviewing this place unfairly. It does what it says.. Yes the staff are a bit un pleasant but pay more and you will get more pleasant staff etc. If you are on a a budget this place is good. If you are a single traveller its excellent for meeting people with there daily films. Yes they're arnt any quilts which is pretty pants but its so hot you don't really need it! All I am saying is dont write it off is all Im saying!

Room Tip: Get a double even if you are on your own.. worth it! Try not to get on 6th floor easy! yiikes
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Jack B
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I had a good experience here. It is a cheap place, I paid 160B for a single room (which was quite a bit cheaper than other places nearby), with pretty standard facilities. Shared washing and toilets. All fine. Basic room, well a bit like a cell, but I didn't expect much else, with bed and fan. Good enough for me.

Good location if you want to stay near Khao San Road, daily movies downstairs. Good enough for a short stay. Not really a place where you go to meet other travellers, but good for a stop over, as I did as I was just passing by to arrange my visa for Myanmar.

Slightly taken aback by other reviews of bad service. I had no complaints. But it was almost a year ago when I was here so things may have changed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Roelvdk
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Do not stay here! This place is awful. The rooms are terrible, walls are gross. I've been in Asia 10 months, this is one of the top 5 worst (I'm including India here...). The staff is so rude, it's unbelievable! For no reason, the woman at reception was saying "I don't want you making smiley smiley at me" (what does that even mean?!?). Do not stay here unless you're a masochist who likes terrible accommodation. The worst.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Fleamike
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a few nights when first arriving in Bangkok opting for the double fan room with shower and toilet (350baht). The room was pretty clean as was the bathroom. Shower sprayed in every direction possible - but I suppose that's what wet rooms are for!

Reading other reviews we didn't find the staff rude. They weren't particularly helpful when we asked questions about the area - more non committal than rude though. We'd go back and stay here when in bangkok again.

No wifi, but bar next door does - which you can still pick up in the guest house.

• Stayed: September 2012