“Enjoyable stay with nice staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
Ranked #477 of 741 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have been staying here on and off over the years and yes, its budget. Its 220 baht for a single room with bathroom, cold water shower ( which isn't really that cold ). For just over 7 US dollars your not going to get anything plush, but for value I think its great. I hardly spend anytime in my room anyway as I'm out and about or downstairs in reception. This is one of the only places left that puts movies on the big screen 3 times a day with lie down sofa style cushions for you to relax on. The food has always been good here and again so is the value. Now for the staff. Yes they don't smile at everyone all the time like you would get in a resort, but I have seen some terribly rude backpackers towards them, such as bringing outside food into their restaurant or turning up with working girls then yelling at staff for not allowing them into their rooms. I actually find them friendly, if you give them a smile, be polite and at don't treat them like they are beneath you.This guest house apart from low season is always full and you will need to wait for a room, usually at around 10am to 11am when people start to check out, so just be patient. There is an expresso machine out front where they serve nice coffee at affordable prices. This is next to the smoking area ( where every now and again, some people sit and complain about smoking ) but inside the restaurant smoking is not permitted, apart from the first row of tables.

I always enjoy my stay here, the staff and the food. Its comfortable, affordable and convenient.

Room Tip: Try to stay on floors 2 - 4. Cheaper rooms at 180 baht without bathroom but its worth spending the e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank eIeven11

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Staff extremely unhelpful and rude when asking for help, poor value for money, they advertise hot showers but they are cold, stay well clear of... you could do alot better in a great area! Very disappointing

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank james3008
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here after landing in Bangkok. It was easy to get to and was a short walking distance from Kho San road (walk to the temples facing Kho san rd, turn right and follow the temple walls to the end then turn left and follow the road round to this guesthouse). It had a nice relaxed social atmosphere with films on show during the day and an air conditioned internet cafe attached. They also serve up cheap affordable but tasty food. We stayed in a twin fan room with shared bathrooms. The bed linen was clean and the shared showers/toilets were basic, but provided everything we wanted (except loo roll). We would stay here again due to the price (one of or cheapest stays in Thailand), great location for the many masseurs, the cheap food stall eateries and is an easy walking distance to ‘The Grand palace’ a must!! (do not believe anyone who says it is closed). We also booked our travel down to Krabi with this guesthouse. Very happy we did in the end, as the bus station itself (for our night bus to Krabi) was a 30min drive away. Staff were not friendly or welcoming but did their Job. Overall pleasant backpackers stay here.

Room Tip: We would recommend a room at the front of the guesthouse as you will get a window here and the view...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

the staff never smiles for you ,, but they play good movies every night ,, the room are really cheap and save ,, pay your boat ticket from there office they were the cheapest i found on that road .. food in there restaurant is okay ,, they charge a lot for the internet hours ,,

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2013

staff have serious attitude problems, have seen many guests have problems with them for no reason. i tried to use the internet for 2 minutes, it didnt work so i gave up, one staff member tried to charge me and got angry at me as though it was my fault?? room is fine and cheap (very basic), but staff are looking for trouble so don't expect any kind of nice service

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kaycee s
Reviewed 20 June 2013

This place was cheap, clean (most of the time) and a nice place to hang out. The double room with fan was 250baht which was clean but still very hot. Bar and restaurant area downstairs was nice, with movies on throughout the day, good place to relax and watch a film. Stayed here twice with my boyfriend and would stay here again, great location, cheap and a nice atmosphere, never had a problem and would stay here again :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My house is a very cheap hostel to stay in.
I had a double room with a friend of mine and we payed 250 Baht per night. (125 per person).
I actually think it's fine. The room was quite dirty, but the beds were made and there were no insects (cockroaches etc.).
The showers and toilets were old but clean and the location is just amazing (especially for the price you are paying)!

Check-out time is noon, but if you want to check out later (between noon and 6PM) you pay for half a day.

The service was actually quit good. We checked-out (at 2pm, and payed the half a day) to go to Cambodia.Then we found out that we couldn't leave till the day after so we needed to spent another night in Bangkok.

We went back to the reception and asked if we could get our old room back. We got our room back and they didn't charge us the 125Baht. I think that's quite good service for Thailand. I've been to a lot of places which would have charged me the 125Baht anyway!

If you are looking for a place to sleep, for cheap, at a great location near Khaosan Road (5 min walk) and you're not to concerned about everything being very clean. I would recommend "My House". The beds where not that filthy themselves btw!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends