“dirty and rude”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
Ranked #470 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 January 2014

i don't recommend to go there.
you need to climb 6 floors with 25 Kg bags
The receptionist is rude with no patience for questions.
Walls are dirty, sheets with staןnes
Do not leave valuables in the room, they take no responsibility

The shittest place in Bangkok

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here because I couldn't be bothered paying for an expensive rip off on Khao San and couldn't be bothered finding the nice place after 30 hours travelling. Common area was alright, it got a bit hot though. No one seemed chatty at all in the day but of a night it was slightly different. Receptionist was abrupt and rude but the travel agent was fine. The hostel itself reminded me a bit of the Hangover 2. Questionable cleanliness of the beds plus a handy mosquito port on the doors so you could wake up with war wounds (what is the point of putting a net on the window?). Fan had one of those annoying key slots but you can fold up and jam in a bit of A4 to get it working. Lots of overly friendly sex tourists roaming the corridors which may put off some people. Location is great though as its situated a minute or two from Khao San. Rooms with shared shower are on the top floors so don't bother if you are drinking or not used to the heat as there's a strong chance you'll die before you get up at 4am

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank gsp8181
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This is always my go to guesthouse in Bangkok. You always meet great people to hang out with, it's cheap and a nice place to chill during the day when they show movies. The only negative thing is how hot the rooms get at night with only a fan, but you get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marianne F
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Two weeks ago before we left Bangkok, I decided to call in a few guesthouses to get rates and cards to give me an idea for next year. I called in here - there was a young Thai woman with glasses sat at reception about 25 years old. She totally ignored me, so I asked very politely if she had a card or brochure with the rates. She literally banged a card down on the desk and then continued to ignore me. So I then asked politely if she had a book of pictures of the hotel (which many have) and she rudely replied "no". I then told her that I needed to give her some feedback that as a receptionist it was part of her job to be polite and give good service. She then screamed at me and told me she didn't care, get out and I wouldn't be allowed to stay there!!
On looking at the previous review from Australia made me laugh as this rudeness is clearly an everyday thing. I wonder if her boss knows how much business she is loosing.
The one thing that really made me angry is I am a polite 64 year old married woman. I thought that Asians in particular showed respect to their elders!!
My advise is - don't even go in the door!!

Chris

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mambo69cat
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I arrived tonight and my usual guest house was full, so I walked into this guest house and walked straight back out. The receptionist was the rudest person I have come across in a long time! On asking a question the attitude was unbelievable and when asked why she was so rude - was told I can go somewhere else! I am thanking her for the advice as am now staying where the staff are not rude. This is one guest house that should either shut their doors to find staff who are not rude.. they should remember without paying guests there would be no job for this rude person.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank L2Travel13
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just pass your way. Rude people who only think about making money, mean, they do not know what a guest is. You can not sit at the reception except if you pay!! The treat you like dogs! Dirty room with cold water. If I have one advise is to go somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Possibly the cheapest option in the Khao San area, but the walls are so thin you can hear everything, and there are some rooms with no windows so it seems like prison. Wi-fi has to paid for, and it could definitely be cleaner.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window!