“Great Staff, Great Safety, Great Stay”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #43 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Amman, Jordan
“Great Staff, Great Safety, Great Stay”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

First of all the staff were amazing from the start of my booking through emails, staying, bag storage, check in and out , amazing staff. Room was very good, big and safe, clean, quite, maintained and everything was working fine. I spent 19 days in Thailand, and I stayed in this hotel for some nights, during I went out to move to another city, came back again, left again and came back, each time it was nice and easy check in check out, left my big bag with storage for more than 10 days for free, the hotel is very clean and maintained, the staff are very nice with a beautiful Thai smile on their faces, at my last stay 5 to 6 of the staff were greeting me as I was stepping out of the taxi, that felt very nice, I like this hotel a lot, and it would have been a better experience for me if I booked with breakfast

Room Tip: What you see in the website it's what you will get,,,
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Mikho-In,

Thank you for praising my team with such a rewarding feedback. I am very happy to read your satisfaction and I am sure that this great feedback will serve as a motivation to all the team members in servicing our customers.

Rod Munro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Novotel Ploenchit is right in front of the BTS station which is the easiest way to move around in Bangkok. I arrived early morning and was given my room way before check in time. The employees are very helpful and are always smiling. The rooms are very clean, well equipped and spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 22 September 2014
"Dear Rimon T,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards from Bangkok,

General Manager"
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

For a short time it's one of the best place to stay. The room are nice and the atmosphere very relaxing.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet excellent in food as also choices.
The only weak point is that they don't have a business centre also if the staff is helping you as best has thy can.

Room Tip: as the swimming pool is located on the 9 floor I always prefer high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear filoni01,

I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us with a special recognition on the team friendliness and helpfulness. I have noted your point in regards to the business center though the overall service is available on request.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Good points. Location just by bts. Convenient. Modern chic room. Clean. Great bed. Amenities plentiful. Lobby staff helpful and courteous.
Bad points. Small room and bathroom. Disappointed as a platinum member of their loyalty program they did not upgrade me to a suite. They simply gave me a room at 27th premier floor which sounds fancy but really just a standard room at a higher floor. To add insult, the view isn't anything to shout about. I much rather they gave me a bigger room at a lower floor. Especially since their standard rooms are so small. Last year I stayed at another hotel further down the soi (which I will not name lest I'm accused of working for them), and they upgraded me to a suite for my last 2 days of stay and I wasn't even a loyalty member of theirs and it was my first visit to them. I feel it is rather stingy of novotel to treat a platinum member, the highest level there is, and took me a lot of money and time to achieve, in comparison. Will I stay there again? NO! As I feel it was rather shabby of their management to treat a platinum member like that.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Mr. TrisnoK

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your stay at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit.

We are extremely sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. We do indeed value your loyalty and support as we always endeavor to meet our valued Le Club member’s expectations. .
As being a Platinum member, you are entitled to enjoy a free upgrade to next room category and we have indeed upgraded you to a Premier Room which includes a free use of our Premier Executive Lounge and its additional exclusive services (Daily complimentary Breakfast and Happy Hour cocktail, complimentary pressing and local calls) and enhanced room amenities. I have carefully noted your room preference for your next visit and I am sure that my team will do its best to meet your requirements based on this category availability.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to share your thoughts with us. We would much appreciate an opportunity to welcoming you back again in the future.

Boylston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The room was fantastic. Customer service was great. The bar downstairs in nice. All the staff were very pleasant. The location is great, right next to the sky train and within walking distance of many hotels. We had a great time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear bmblaney,

Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us.
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ploenchit.

Kind regards,
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed here for one night while passing through Bangkok. The location is excellent being right next to BST monorail which links to rail line to Airport (around 30mins travel £1.20 per person) we arrived just as the happy hour for the Executive floor finished - despite being only a few minutes late after a very long flight and journey we were not offered any of the 241 drinks or food that we had just missed out on, also as it was Valentines day access to the Lounge balcony was unavailable due to a pay only event, disappointing! The fridge in the lounge was locked and we had to practically beg the manager for a complimentary Beer- all in all paying the extra cash for club access was not worth it for our visit- if you were stating for more than a day you may well find this would not be the case- rooms were lovely and very clean- service was polite- breakfast was the standout feature which turned our visit around as the selection and quality was second to none. would stay again at the right price only of here for more than 1night. If less go for standard room. Although Views were better from higher exec floors

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Simon L,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me and I do agree that your arrival experience could have leaded you to a negative image on the hotel and its services.
I do apologies for the unpleasant and unwelcoming service you have been through. I do believe that this incident does not represent the stand level of service and friendliness my team is usually able to provide to our guest as praised in other reviews. This review was shared with them in order to ensure action is being taken and avoid a possible re-occurrence.

Shall you wish to contact me directly; I am available at the following email: H7176-gm2@accor.com.

Once again I would like to express my apologies for the lack of service experienced and we all wish to be able to welcoming you back at Novotel Ploenchit!

Lahore
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Another great Novotel Hotel. Stayed here for a week with my wife and daughter. The hotel is not only great in terms of the location, but the staff support and knowledge of the surrounding area helped us so much. With the famous Bangkok sky train just outside the hotel, travel to the shopping districts of Bangkok has never been easier. Make sure you include the breakfast option in your stay, because the Novotel quality of food is above par. The rooms were modern and we had an excellent view. Have stayed here twice and plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: While most of the rooms are good, for us the important thing was to have a nice bath and a decent be...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear frzhsn,

I am glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us at Novotel Ploenchit. Your compliments on our product quality and breakfast offer are very rewarding and will definitely be passed on to the team as a motivation to strive harder.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon for your 3rd visit!