“Funky little hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #441 of 606 Bangkok B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Funky little hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I agree with many of the reviewers who say it's good for a short stay. Not because it is low quality, but because there just isn't room to spread and get comfortable. I didn't plan on spending a lot of time in the room, so it worked out well for me. The rooms are TINY with just enough room for the double bed. I would suggest they put up more wall hooks and shelves so that people have a place to stick their stuff--there isn't much floorspace otherwise. I really liked the industrial look of the spaces outside the rooms--very chic. Super clean. The hotel is located on the edge of Chinatown and 10 minutes from the subway station. Good location, but you will have a walk into Chinatown or further down the street for food. Do be warned it is at the end of a very small residential lane and you'll meet the neighbors hanging out who will watch and comment as you pass. I understand Thai--they weren't saying anything bad;) Just smile like a local. One complaint was that the price of a small Singha was 70 baht. Yikes!! Perhaps the bar would be fuller with more reasonably priced drinks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank booniepepper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Woking, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here for ten days but in between left for the islands a few days. came back and they gave me my room. i had no issues. the staff are very helpful and they take care of you. there were lockers on the premises, very secure and safe. also there is free internet and wifi. the rooms are small but you have privacy and your own batroom which for the price is really good. the location was good as the train statin and underground was a ten minute walk and the river boat was a five minute walk which is great and cheap to get around. i would recommend this place to anyone visting bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Location is good as it is a short tuk tuk ride from china town and a five minute walk to the nearest sky train station. Staff were friendly although they do not speak much English. Rooms were clean, basic and secure but they are very small! Only a bed and wet room but the air con is a bonus! Free wifi, use of the computers and coffee in the morning were all included. I would recommend staying here for a few days if you are simply looking to visit Bangkok city and not spend much time in your room.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank GemmaC21
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The room was small but we knew that before we booked. The room was fresh and very clean. The staff here are great. As it was our first time in Bangkok we were unsure of how to get about and where to go. They advised us that we should take the river boat as it is cheap and told us how to avoid all the middle men. A great place to stay with very friendly staff. I would recommend it to anyone looking for some where to stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank danielarthur83
Nha Trang, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed here for one night when we arrived in BKK on Feb 18th. The staff were friendly and the room was clean but could have done with a shelf to store items and a couple of hooks on the back of the door.
Rooms are extremely compact and the hotel is boiling hot as there appears to be no air con in the stairway. I was hoping from the pics that the bar would be a fully fledged bar so we could hang out in the evening but that wasn't the case.
Wifi was only available in the lobby/bar area.

I'd say this place is fine for a night or two but Bangrak hasn't got much going for it in the evenings.
If you do find yourself here then head to River City and have some pizza and cocktails at Viva Aviv.

Also close to the jewellery district if that's your thing.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank missmeeno
Leigh, Lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

I turned up in Bangkok late from a flight (8pm) and had gone out of my way to secure and book a room via hostelbookers prior to my arrival. Once I arrived at chilli backpackers the receptionist stated that I did not have a booking; even though I had booking confirmation right in front of me and had paid a deposit to secure my room. Turns out he had double booked my room (assuming as he wanted to make extra cash out of a possible no show, eventhough I had already notified them of my arrival time). Once he realised is mistake he said that he would put me in a room in chilli backpackers 2 (which doesn't exist) and in actual fact is his mates hostel down the road. I asked why I was here when I had made a specidfic booking for a room and he said that my room was in a different hostel instead. He didn't offer an apology or anything to say sorry, neither a discounted price for messing me around eventhough it was his mistake. Simply demanded the fee for the room that is wasn't staying in then left! I would like to offer a review of the actual room in chilli backpackers however I never got to stay there eventhough I made a booking via hostelbookers; terrible terrible service.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Blondie092

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2013

My friend & I stayed in this hotel during December for 2 nights. Since it's just our shopping trip, we looked for a budget hotel. The room was good and very clean, which was our main concern. The location is pretty good, we can easily get public transportation to the downtown area. The hotel staffs were helpful and service minded. We will think of this hotel once we have another shopping trip in BKK next time.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends