Chilli Bangkok Hotel
US$171
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$371
US$295
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Chilli Hotel is just a 10 minute walk from Hua Lamphong (central station) in a small lane, a bit hidden, but there's a sign on the main street. Getting to popular places like the grand palace is easy, as the Chao Phraya expressboat ferry is just a block away. It's one of the fastest way of transportation as you pass the traffic jams.

When I arrived at the Chilli, a nice guy greeted me and handed me the room key.

My single-room (No. 306) was really small. It's basically a bed and a bathroom, so almost no space to store the backpack. At least it had a working AC. Like other reviews mentioned, the power outlet is located on top of the wall, so quite difficult to reach. Just ask the guy at the reception, he will lend you an extension cable.

The hotel is more like a hostel, so there's free coffee in the morning, safes (bring your padlock), free WIFI and laundry facilities.

Stay here, if you need to get to the central station early in the morning or arrive there late.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Difficult to find from airport, taxi didn't know where it was. Booked through agoda, contact number for hostel incorrect so taxi could not call for directions. Difficult for them to find booking at first, no particular welcome and staff seemed ambivalent about us. Room was very small with adjoining bathroom. No sheet to sleep but instead they give you a drying towel material instead. AC ok and wifi average. Clean rooms and bathroom. Average stay, nothing to write home about. Very thin walls!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

This hostel is awful. Horrible service and mean staff. When I asked the one woman if I could lock up my passport and some stuff she told me it would be fine in my room since I have a single room. At that point I just took it all with me for the day because I didn't trust her now that she knew I had a bunch of valuables.
I slept one hour because of obnoxious men in the lobby area who yelled until morning, and the place is loud in general. Not a place i'd want to hang out. Horrible location for exploring bangkok.
Room sucked. I'm short and still had to sit on toilet sideways because it was so close to the wall my knees hit. "Window" faced into reception so it was loud and I had to just keep the shade down. Shower floods entire room.
JUST GO ELSEWHERE. DON'T GIVE THIS PLACE YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank courtney_marie88
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My girlfriend and i stayed here at the start of our month in Thailand, The man on the front desk speaks a small amount of English but always went out of his to help us regardless.
The hotel is in a nice location, not central but good if you want to see a bit more of real bangkok. All the locals were friendly towards us and would laugh when we rolled in at 6am stumbling around.
The rooms themselves are clean, very small but basic, perfect for backpackers. Very very cheap, would recommend to anybody!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hannah S
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Location not good at all. Atleast 1.5 km from nearest station, more than 8-10 km from all happening places in Bangkok. Had problem to find out the place even not many tuk tuk driver knew. Infra not good. No window in any room and suffocating. But good thing about this place is people working there. I had booking in a dorm, since all dorm were full so got a single room. Met many nice people there. May be next time stay in any hostel in Khao San.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo