“This is truly a one of a kind experience!!!!!”
Review of GAGGAN

GAGGAN
Ranked #270 of 11,964 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$7 - US$100
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I live in nyc the restaurant capital of the world Daniel Per Se le bernadin and on and on and i consider myself an expert in indian cuisine on a global basis but this indian fushion experience is one of a kind and their tasting menus are one of a kind
My client and i had an incredible experience. Unique taste thrill but our waiter was fantastic and i felt i was on set with.a foreign cinema director teaching us how to dine properly while savoring each course and learning what we were having, if you like great food with creative presentation and patient wait staff run dont walk to this one of a kind i hope he opens something in ny soon he is a real gourmet chef. What a thrill ,
Bateso

Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

After we found out that Gaggan was one of the best restaurants this year (and also best newcomer) we were lucky to get a table for the 12th of May. The restaurant is located in a really nice house and we enjoyed the athmosphere. We tried the Tasting menu and every course was a highlight- the taste and of course how it was served. We also had a nice chat with the chef himself. We had a really special evening.
By the way the 10 course set is about 1800 Thb nett (which is a really good value for money) and you definitely don't need to stop at a foodstall (what other writers mentioned before).

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went there on 5 May 2014. Not easy to find as we took BTS and had to walk for nearly 15 minutes from the station. However, once when we tasted the food, all the effort in getting to this restaurant was well justified. I am not a big fan of molecular gastronomy but the food was really good. An incredible dining experience. Will come back again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went for a family birthday dinner in a group of six and had booked the chefs table which has a direct view into the kitchen. I was impressed the moment I sat down upon seeing all the chefs and "helpers" through the glass pane, there must have been at least 7 different nationalities in the kitchen!
We each chose one "tasting menu" set and all of us enjoyed the meal tremendously. I won't bother describing each dish or presentation as I would just say the same things as the other "rave" reviews. The service was super and they were accommodating to some changes to menu sets as per dietary constraints or preference.
I did not feel as if I were "eating Indian" or perhaps I should say Indian food I am familiar with. This, to me was more an epicurean journey that is Indian inspired. Many scents, aromas, and spices were familiar but the textures, presentations, and many of the ingredients were quite different making the whole experience truly unique!
Do I need to mention tasty? No! I'll just say that every course was fully consumed and we'll be back. This "indian restaurant in Bangkok" that won the award is indeed special.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I did their tasting menu one of the nights of our honeymoon and it was honestly one of the best meals on our honeymoon - and ever. The chef greeted us and gave us 2 more courses once he learned it was our honeymoon.