“The housekeeping staff just left my door open..”
Review of Sivatel Bangkok

Sivatel Bangkok
Ranked #62 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Taipei, Taiwan
“The housekeeping staff just left my door open..”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

First of all, I have to say that I initially liked this hotel. It's clean, bright, and comfortable, maybe not chic as some other newly-open ones, but the spacious room and two sets of i-TV are fantastic. Even though the breakfast is really so-so. But what happened next really ruined it.

The first day I arrived, I pressed the 'No disturbance' button and took a rest in the room before going out for dinner with friends. But when there was 6pm something, the door bell just rang (twice!). I was so sleepy and I couldn't get up to answer the door. I went out at around 6:40 pm and canceled the "No disturbance' sign. But, when I got back at around 10pm, the room was just as the same as I went out! No turn down service took place later.

Yesterday I left my room at around 6pm. I did make sure that the door was locked well before I left. However, when I got back at around 9:30 pm, the door was somewhat open! Anyone can easily just open the door and enter my room without any effort! I called the housekeeping apartment to complained about this thing, but the staff seemed not understood what I was talking, nor appreciated why I was so unsatisfied. I called the concierge. First time was a male staff, he told me that he would report it to the duty manager and confronted with the housekeeping staff and will called back again. But after 20 minutes, nothing happened. I called the concierge again, this time, a female staff answered the phone. She asked me when I left and she checked the timing when the housekeeping staff entered my room to turn down the bed. It was 6:45 pm. That meant, my door was just open for more than 2 and half hours! She also asked me if there was something missing in my room. I checked again, my laptop is still on the deck, all the valuable things (passport, cash, credit cards) still stored in the safety box. She said she will report this to the chief of the housekeeping department.

When I checked out today, the staff just made mistake on the bill. She initially made the total price (THB 6160) for another deposit (so, there were two deposits, THB 6160 and 8000 respectively), and then she realized that and said that she would cancel them immediately. Since I totally lost the confidence of your staff, please re-check it for me. And I told the duty manager last night that I need a taxi to go to Le Meridien, clearly she did not pass this message down, because the staff asked me again if I need a cab to the airport.

When getting on the taxi, the door man just treated my luggages rudely. The bigger one he put it on the trunk and then found that the door could not close good. He did not re-locate my luggage, instead, he slapped the door really hard and made it a bang just on my face!

I think most staffs are smiley, but they really need to focus on doing things right and pay attention to details. It's still good for value for the price I paid, but will I go back again? Based on these experiences, I have to say, life is too short and it deserves to be wasted on things more valuable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank DennisCLCheng
Sivatel_Hotel, General Manager at Sivatel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Dear DennisCLCheng,

Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for what happened during your stay. Please be assured that we have fully investigated the issue and extra steps have been added to our housekeeping procedures to ensure that the mistake will not be repeated in the future. Your other comments have also been taken into account for improvements to the quality of our guest service.

At Sivatel we strive to bring you the best experience possible and will never stop improving. We hope we will have a chance to welcome you at Sivatel again.

Apichan Sivayathorn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We arrived on a Tuesday evening. One other guest was checking in, but it still took 15-20 minutes for us to check in. Room was modern and clean. Large wall mounted flat screen Sony TV connected to Apple TV. I was unable to get any station after 30 minutes of button pressing. My wife could not get shower temperature right , so she used the flexible shower above bathtub. Unfortunately she did not notice that water was leaking from wall fitting and so the bathroom was flooded. Also shower hanging holster fell off.
On our last visit to Bangkok we stayed at Penninsula Hotel. This time we chose Sivatel: "Bangkok's newest 5 star hotel". Whilst staff we typically friendly and polite, if Sivatel is a 5 star hotel, then the Penninsula is easily a 10 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank neil_hughes55
Hokkaido, Japan
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The hotel is very near from BTS, just 3-5 min walk by. It's easy to access anywhere. Breakfast was quite normal, decent and enough for this kindl of small hotel. The pool wasn't super clean, especially the shower room in the fitness was dirty. Wish they consider about cleaness at shower room there. The room was quite nice. 2 apple tv with internet. It was quite convenient to check recent information. There are no problem at the room. I can reccomend ppl who prefer not paying too much but looking for cozy and comfortable hotel to stay in bangkok with quite environment!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hi_nana77_
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

As I try and write this review words fail me. I can't find the words to describe what a wonderful stay I had at Sivatel Bangkok. I travel quite regularly and i try to always stay at 4- 5 star hotels. The hotels location is nearby to Siam Paragon. It's easy to get to the hotel from the airport. The hotel itself is amazing! Check in was excellent and the welcome drink and cool face cloth are fabulous, especially when you have been in the sweltering Bangkok heat. Everything about this hotel is amazing, the lobby to the infinity pool, the restaurant, the room, the variety on their breakfast menu, the bath robes, soft slippers and the staff. My breath was taken away when I arrived in my luxury suite. The room is spacious. It has a small kitchen area, lounge, dressing room, huge bathroom and lovely bedroom. It's equipped with 2 tvs that have Internet and wifi is free. The bathroom has a large bath and shower - big enough for a queen. The amenities in the room are exactly what one expects from a hotel. The staff were friendly and they wore permanent smiles. They also very helpful and spoke excellent English. I absolutely can't praise this hotel enough. Will definitely return !

• Stayed June 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and were very happy with every aspect of this hotel. This was our safe haven in the crazy city of Bangkok. I would definately recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bhubaneswar, India
Reviewed 5 July 2012

excellent hotel
excellent hotel in the heart of Bangkok. 300 mts.from chitlom sky train.great rooms and bath rooms. breakfast is o.k.it is on top of an office complex, so feels more like an apartment.but the service,staffs,housekeeping are very good.very relaxing.shall stay again.
it is opposite the British embassy,taxi drivers mostly do not know the hotel.situated on a very calm road but very near to all the big malls.full value for money property.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sanjaya58
Reviewed 5 July 2012 via mobile

We arrived from a flight from Australia that was delayed two hours. Hot, tired and over it. We arrived at the hotel to be met and whipped up to the check in. Cool refreshing drinks and a cool face cloth. Check in was exceptionally fast and shown to our suite.
Restaurant in hotel offer both Thai and western food which is really good! The breakfast is fantastic and service amazing as well.
Coming from Australia we come from some of the best restaurants in the world, so remember when coming to an Asian country, eat Asian food not westernized food as we are an Asian country.
Don't listen to what people tell you, we have a fine dining restaurant in Australia and the food here is delicious!!
People that want to eat food from the land fresh and bursting with flavours, come to Thailand, if you want burgers, fish and chips stay home.
All in all our stay here at the Sivatel is definately a ten out of ten. The staff amazing and highly professional in all aspects of their duties, regardless of where they work in the hotel.
We will be returning in 5 days for another three days at this fabulous hotel and every time we come back to Bangkok.
Thank you staff at the Sivatel for making our stay amazing with your warm, generous hospitality.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple