“Bangkok stay-Ramade Encore”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #260 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 July 2012

A refreshing and great hotel tucked away on Sukhumvit 10. Its in prime city with easy MTR access. It offer great deals for last minute bookings as well.
Its a business hotel with a difference, great value for money

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed 29 June 2012

In the low price category, Ramada Encore is the the best and worth value hotel. It's located near Asok and Terminal 21 which gives you easy access to BYS and Shopping Mall. If you book Grace Hotel in Sulhumvit Soi 3, sit back again and go for Ramada Encore. The i terior is very nice and I love to be here again whenever i visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 29 June 2012

hotel is in little alley way, room wasn't that big, window looks out to the back room of some resident building, definately wouldn't want to see it.

had very comfy slippers, but had to pay if you wanted to keep it.

we booked online and it didn't include breakfast, breakfast was 350 baht which i thought was a rip off!

hotel has free wifi services for guest and public which is a plus. but all the ameneties are all very simple, guess you can't ask for too much since the hotel was cheap to start with

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had read lots of reviews and so decided to take the plunge. I booked through booking.com which means I had the flexibility of paying when I got there. However they had gone ahead and 'authorised' payment on my card so that wasnt a great start. They then want 1000 baht deposit a night - lots of people didnt seem happy. That aside the room I booked (blacony room) wasnt available which I had read had happened to a number of people on here so I was prepared! I said I would go elsewhere as thats the reason I had come to the hotel - I got the balcony room however a few days later I moved to the corner hip and they are soooo much better for space and bathroom. The staff were ok, nothing exceptional though yes they were chatty and the manager did at least get the balcony room for me. The rooms are lovely, spotless and a bit different from your standard hotel. Would I go back? Not now I have tried it. Yes its down the soi yes its not far from stuff, but the one thing that bugs me is that there is no 7-11/family mart on this soi.

Room Tip: The hotel's restaurant always looked busy and had a very good atmosphere.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2012

If you want a place to rest Ramada Encore is the place for you. Just be sure you don't mind the view which is just brick walls from floors 1-5. 6th floor offers a miniscule cityscape but you'd have to not notice the condominiums blocking the view. The top floor offers a bar with a small glass enclose pool but a bit expensive drinks. The lobby offers good lunch promo the time we were there. Pay only for two persons when you are a group of four. Be prepared for a 10-15 minute walk to eat or shop, remember the humidity and heat. You'd have to ask for items missing on your bathroom like toothbrush like we did. They also charge for outgoing calls even if it is local but wi-fi is free. They offer free short shuttle just before the main street where you walk the rest of the way. Staff is polite although not so much well versed in the english language.

Room Tip: choose 6th floor upwards where view is a bit nicer
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank faith n
Reviewed 25 June 2012

A nice boutique hotel off soi 10 which is new and modern. It’s a little walk to the hotel but not much. I seem to read so many reviews where people say its 15 mins walk down the soi. Its not – its a 5 min walk at most and if you walk a good pace its 3 mins. Asoke sky train is a further 3 mins walk from the bottom. The hotel runs a golf buggy down the soi and if you are lucky it will be available and then the trip takes 1 min.

The entrance to the hotel is nice. You pass the restaurant and bar as you go in and it’s laid out very nice and looks enticing.

Now we did have a problem with check in. We specifically booked a twin bed room. This is so my wife and I could stay in one and her daughter in the other. When we checked in the guy said he was upgrading us. Whether it was an upgrade or not I don’t know but when we go to room, only one bed. So I phoned reception to say that we had asked for 2 beds and they said they can put an extra bed in. So great I said all sorted. So that will be a 1000 baht a night extra sir. So I tried to get them to see the logic that I had booked a twin bed and booked 3 people on their website. But they insisted on charging a 1000 baht extra per night for 4 nights for the now extra bed that was needed. I was getting very annoyed now and told them I was not paying and to move us to a twin room and sort it. So they finally phoned me and said no problem we not charge you for extra bed ie the extra bed I had already booked and paid for.
So this was really the only problem we had. Room was nice, not practically big but functional with nice shower room.

(Most) staff including a bell boy that had worked in the UK before was fantastic. Unfortunate for him his work was coming to and end due to tourist season ending. But he was so helpful and an asset to the place.

Don’t know that I would return as there is just so much choice in Bangkok at this price but I would not be upset if it was last hotel left and had to have it.

Room Tip: Beware of the upgrade that you are getting an upgrade
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This hotel has terrible reception staff. The service here is way below what i would normally expect from Ramada. The decor is suppose to be some new age cool scene and at first it does get you thinking you are staying at some new age hotel. but the lack of service is memorable.

I didnt know if my room also included breakfast and went to the desk in the morning to ask, the conceirge seen me waiting and asked if he could help. I told him i wasnt sure if id paid for breakfast or not in my booking and he said "thats not a problem" and guided me to the resturant where i was shown to a table.

The resturant has waffles - which i love but they run out and i ask the staff for more. I was told just a moment - 40 minutes later after further reminders i was able to get another, and that was because i kept reminding one staff member. The original staff member i approached with the request totally forgot about me. On leaving the resturant i was charged 350 bht for breakfast - I could not believe it. That is way over the top for breakfast. I went to the front desk to explain what had happended and the woman simply said "how would you like to pay for that" Absolutley no regard for my disatisfaction or what had happened.

I wont stay here again, the aircon was good but the rooms were small but clean. Location is poor as you have to walk too far to Sukumvit rd.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo