“First time in Bangkok”

Ranked #278 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Oslo, Norway
“First time in Bangkok”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We arrived to this hotel, after traveling 14 days in Vietnam, what a difference!! The hotel was nice and modern, the rooftop was nice relaxing with a drink, and the service was ok but wery western comparing to Vietnam. The rooms was great, and hotel was quit, so for this rate we can recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear KimV,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for all the kind words and see you again soon.

Regards,

Affendy B Ismail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The Galleria hotel is in a great location. It's on a fairly a quiet street. And in walking distance to the BTS, malls and restaurants. It was modestly priced as we booked through a flash sale on Agoda. The rooms were decent size with a good bathroom. We really liked the rooftop pool and longe. It had a relaxing atmosphere and delicious coconut shakes. I will say the fron desk needs a tiny bit of help. I was trying to reach my friend who was also saying at the hotel and that was difficult and I requested water be brought to my room and it never happened. Overall, I can recommend this hotel in Bangkok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear planck23,

Thank you for your review.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay and also our Coco Colada.....I hope you were not drunk hahahahah
With regards to your request to locate your friend I am very sorry it didn't happen. I have brief my co workers.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

the hotel is a nice sheek feel with bright fancy walkway at night, sleek and modern.
Room was ok, paid $55 night which is actually quite good value. Room was nothing special, had ll the amenites of a 3 star hotel,reception at the start did not hep me with the bag - They just gave me the key to my room, did not give me directions of how to get there - turn right, turn left etc, owever that was the only thing i could complain about.
Hotels breakfast buffet wa amazing though. Beautiful restaurant and a great atmosphere.There was a great variety of breakfast and even had cooks cooking eggs fresh for you on the wok. all you have to do is line up, and the line was never long.
God vaue for what you pay for

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear hassan h,

Thank you for your review.
Our staffs should have escorted you to your room, sorry to hear it did not happen. Our breakfast ......we try to cater to all nationality and also it is set base on nationality we have in the hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage outlets.

Runaway Bay, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 days and it was wonderful. We had a bit of trouble finding the hotel, since its kinda hidden down the street Soi 10, and you wouldn't be able to tell looking down. But after a little walk down the street, the hotel is beaming and from the first steps down to the reception you get the vibe of the hotel, which is elegant, modern and hip.
We get to the reception, get our complimentary coconut ice-cream, which was to die for, and finally a reception where all the people working there, speaks a proper English.
We get to the room and the bed is divine. Not the greatest view from the room, but we didn't mind that. Great air con, shower products and really nice and clean. The sliding glass doors which are the only thing between you and the bedroom, are a bit of a test for a couple I must say, and very loud to close at night.
Everything else was unbelievable, the breakfast buffet changed every day, always something new to try and plenty of it. You HAVE to try their green curry when its there, so yum.
The staff was really friendly and always happy to help with anything.
We would love to stay here again, especially because we never got to use the rooftop swimmingpool, and this was our own fault :P

Dear Fie S,

Thank you for your review.
Thank you for your kind words about our Galleria 10. I am terribly happy that this week reviews guests were complimenting on our Food & Beverage outlets,at least all our hard work for the month or so is working.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Galleria 10 on the first leg of our holiday, and are glad we did.

The hotel is situated in Sukhumvit, which give good access to local restaurants and transport to the rest of Bangkok. It's about a 5 minutes walk to the BTS station.

The hotel staff are fantastic. Always happy and nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are well equipped, and clean, with a good bathroom and powerful shower.

Breakfast gives a good selection of fruit, pastries, ham and cheese and a variety of eggs as well as some Thai options.

The hotel has a great roof terrace with small pool. Great for unwinding after tackling the hustle and bustle of Bangkok through the day. The bar and food on the roof terrace is a little pricey, but is good and convenient.

There is also a decent gym and massage area.

We have really enjoyed our stay at Galleria 10,and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear James W,

Thank you for your review.
Thank you for your kind words about Galleria 10. Do check out our promotions regularly in our website....we always try to surprise our guest.

Durban, South Africa
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Overall this is not a bad option to stay at in Bangkok. Location is good, breakfast was average, staff and service good, and overall a stay which we can't complain about. Views aren't the best, but they don't need to be in Bangkok.

Dear Dbnbeaver,

Thank you for your review.
Simple but a very positive review,especially about the view :-)

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights on our way back from Pattaya. We paid £30ish per night booking via agoda I'd say this was a very good price. Our room was comfortable and clean but as others suggest the views aren't very good. The breakfast was ok enough choice and we were happy with what we had. 10am finish I think is a little too early 11am would be better. Reception were helpful and polite. The pool area is small and there are no loungers but plenty of comfortable chairs to relax and bathe on. The service in the bar is slow especially when making cocktails! Our check in and check out was satisfactory. My only disappointment would be that they would not offer us anywhere to shower & change. Check out was 12 noon and we were not being picked up until 10:30pm it would have been nice if we'd had the use of a room for a quick Shower to freshen up before we left other hotels offer this service. Location was good easy to get a motorbike taxi or tuk tuk at the bottom of the soi or a short walk to the sky train. Overall a good stay. :)

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear LauraNewcastle82,

Thank you for your review.
Our breakfast closed at 10.30 ma'am,I am surprised why my staffs say 10.00. Normally we would extend it if we find most of our guest come late. Sorry about the incident.
We do have a shower room on the ground floor next to the men's toilet. Again sorry that you were not informed.

Do let us know your next visit and we will definitely impress you further!