Just got back from a business trip to Bangkok; my wife and I stayed in this hotel on the recommendation of a friend. Initially we had booked a room on the 4th floor overlooking Sukhumvit 10 (the lane the hotel is located on). This room was large, clean and funky, however our first two nights whilst in this room were punctuated by a lack of sleep due to the lights in the room malfunctioning. Lighting in the room would turn on almost by the hour during the course of the night. After the first night management sent a technician to fix the problem, however the problem persisted into the 2nd night.
Management changed & upgraded our room to one located on the 2nd floor with a wee balcony. This room was not as large as the one on the 4th floor, but it was clean, quiet and thankfully without problems. Management were kind, and unreservedly apologetic and did their best to make the rest of our stay memorable, and for that we are thankful. Apart from the distractions of the first couple of nights we would have no hesitation on coming back to stay here again.
* Situated 300 odd metres down Sukhumvit 10 just off the main drag, and between two Mtr Stations - Nana, Asok both within an easy 5 min walk. Hotel does supply golf cart transportation from the hotel to the main drag - great for when it was raining.
* Close to a myriad of shopping (from local stall holders selling the usual market type fare of clothing, pirated cd's, bags etc... to some really swish shopping malls), restaurants (many options from local, other Asian regions and Western), bars and local food stalls. (The Mexican food stall located just past Korean Town had great food, cold beer, a good vibe and was cheap)
* Laundry service & mini supermarket 100 metres up the road.
* Easy run from the hotel to the international airport.
* Location is good for the business or the leisure traveller
* Importantly my wife and I always felt safe walking back to the hotel from the main road even when late at night.
* Staff were very helpful, polite and spoke great English and always with a smile
* Fast check-in with complimentary Ice-cream on arrival which is a nice touch!!!
* 4th floor room overlooked Sukhumvit 10 (albeit not much of a view). No opportunity to allow fresh air into the room.
* Room was large with funky interior and a super cosy king size bed
* Decent sized bathroom with shower cubicle and great water pressure.
* Plenty of hanging space and draw facilities in a semi walk-thru wardrobe with room enough to store baggage.
* Super fast wifi and good sized business related desk.
* Usual fridge, coffee & tea making facilities all in working order with complimentary water.
* Individually controlled air-conditioning system
* 2nd floor room as above except much smaller (with no room to store baggage as such - just a small hanging space & no draws). This room did contain a wee balcony that consisted of a table and chairs but no view. However this room does give one the opportunity to allow fresh air into the room.
* Both rooms were clean
* Roof top bar and pool. Pool is not as big as it looks in some photos but it was still fine to soak and wade around in after walking the streets on a hot Bangkok day. Roof top bar is hip and great to relax in with friends and family particularly during happy hour. We ate here twice and found the tapas to be sensational.
* Downstairs bar open only till 3pm. Serves breakfast buffet with decent options and lunch
* The gym was small but had most of what one needs whilst vacationing.
* Hotel does offer Thai & foot massage which is very comparable in price to what is available on the streets.
* 24hr in-room dining
* Hotel provides discount vouchers to the roof top bar upstairs, and also to other bar and restaurant establishments in the area.
* Complimentary golf cart transportation from the hotel to the main road.
Overall a pleasant stay given the inconvenience of the first two nights, and albeit subjective we thought we got value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galleria 10 Bangkok Hotel by Compass Hospitality, one of Sukhumvit's finest 4-star boutique hotels located in the heart of Bangkok. Boasting a stunning blend of modern and retro style fused with a certain charming elegance, Galleria 10 is located right in the heart of Sukhumvit, Bangkok's primary business, entertainment and shopping district. While many attractions are within comfortable walking distance, the hotel's convenient location provides easy access to Bangkok's various public transportation systems, allowing you to explore the cities many attractions with little fuss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Bangkok Hotel Bangkok