“Great Quaint Hotel”

Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #278 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great Quaint Hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We checked in for our first four nights in Bangkok and really liked this hotel. It exceeded our expectations in terms of cleanliness and interiors. Very modern finish and good amenities. The location too was great, quiet lane away from the crowd, yet just a few minutes walk away! The breakfast did not have much variety but they did their best to help us out with any requests. The manager and staff are very friendly and hospitable, and we felt very welcome. The ice cream during check in was a delight! We are going to be in Bangkok again next week before we go back home and have booked this hotel again!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arif K
Affendy I, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Ariff K,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward for your next visit.Our ice cream is a signature for Galleria 10. We make sure that every customers enjoyed their stay with us and the staffs is the key.

Affendy B Ismail

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Just finished an 8 night stay; first time in this new hotel, but I know the surrounding area well. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality that this hotel has to offer.

Let me start with the downside. The rooms are small and provide little storage space, and many have no views. The rooftop pool is little more than a large jacuzzi and there are no sun loungers, just outdoor sofas, lots of them.

On the plus side, the hotel is nicely finished in a modern decor. The rooms are of excellent quality and I loved the oversized rainfall shower in place of the bath-tub. The rooms are quiet, with no discernible noise from rooms nearby or from outside. Wifi works well throughout the hotel, I was able to FaceTime for an hour non stop with no problem. The buffet breakfast is very comprehensive for all tastes and good value if you get it included. Gets a little boring after a few days so be prepared to eat out for a change. The hotel staff, from concierge to front desk to room cleaning were all wonderfully polite and helpful.

The hotel is in a quiet road about 400M to the main Sukhumvit road. An easy walk to the nearest sky train station and to numerous shopping, eating and entertainment venues. Avoid the taxis that loiter outside, typical of Bangkok, their intentions are other than to take you where you want to go.

I will definitely be returning to Galleria 10.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Haamsup
Dear Haamsup,

Malaysia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Last July is 2nd time staying in this funky hotel. Good location and close to BTS. Breakfast is yummy and a small pool great for hot weather. Clean & tidy room >> Friendly & helpful staff ! Just at night, it would be quite uncomfortable to walk as it is only few street light. Overall, i will recommend this hotel and i will be back in Oct'14 ... horray

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Karen T
Dear Karen T,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward for your next visit.We do provide tuk-tuk service at night. Do call the reception and we will be glad to pick you up.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is funky, staff is friendly, location is ideal, rooms are nice, breakfast is good and price is totally affordable. The best part was the hotel elevator, always playing some fun music :)!
I would definitely stay again!!

Tiny little warning, the pool is smaller than it appears on the photos. Also, some more music out by the pool would be appreciated. :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Gladys L
Dear Gladys L,

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Nice small hotell in the busy part of BKK, but still in a quite area. Not so long walk to Soi 11 where you can have some fun and also terminal 21 shopping mall.
The room is nice with wooden floor and a carpet under the bed.
I also think that Galleria 10 have the best showers in town.
I can recommend this hotell

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob M
Dear Bob M,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward for your next visit.Thank you for recommending Galleria 10 to other customers.

Nottingham
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is down a quiet little road but is about 15mins away from the night life whether you turn left or right at the end of the road!
Breakfast was lovely - probably one of the nicest breakfasts we had in Thailand.
Though we didnt get chance to visit the pool I went up there to take some photos and it was gorgeous!
View from our window was a brick wall but we weren't there for the views from the hotel room!
No complaints at all about the hotel

One thing I would advise on though are the excursions offered by the taxi drivers outside - we booked to go to the market (I think it was Damnoen Saduak) and we were taken to some excursion company where you then have to pay to go to the floating market (the market was nowhere to be seen so we couldn't even walk to it). They wanted to charge in the region of £80 - to say I was fuming was an understatement. But we used the same taxis to take us to the airport and that was fine.

Room Tip: Maybe request a higher floor?
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zoe A
Affendy I, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Zoe A,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward for your next visit.Thank you for recommending us to other travelers.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I enjoyed staying in this hotel it was recommended to me by a friend I slept well it had a great shower, the breakfast was satisfying and the staff were very helpful .
Being a lone traveller I felt completely relaxed as soon as I arrived in this hotel.
It is located in a central part of Bangkok with easy access to train links and a huge shopping centre across the road open until 10pm called Terminal 21 which is good to visit for relief of the heat of the city and it had some very quirky shops and a great food hall. There were restaurants, markets and bars as soon as you stepped out of the hotel. I found it easy to find upon returning and would defiantly stay here again.
Bangkok is a great city once you get passed the traffic and heat lots to do and friendly people .

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear Joohara,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and looking forward for your next visit.Our location is very close to a lot of shopping and nightlife yet you feel very private in the Soi.