“Do not go to this restaurant!”
Review of Ana Garden - CLOSED

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Overpriced, average food, bad service.. Give it a miss. If I could rate this restaurant at zero I would have done

Reviewed 8 April 2011

we invited our friend for dinner from our good experience with this place 5 years ago. This time, we noticed the menu changed. we ordered a simple dish like Fried rice, Papaya. we ordered beer and bottle of water.
It was on Monday night and not many customers. we noted that the service was very slow. We did not mind much as we are enjoying our conversion.
However, what made us fall off the chair when we got the bill. Bottle of water costs B/80 ($2.3-3) which more expensive than the hotel. A plate of fried rice cost B/850 (US$25). In total we spent the price like we were dined in 5-star hotel.

So don't go there if you don't want to be ripped off

Reviewed 31 March 2011

I used to go to this place about once a month, good food, nice garden atmosphere, decently priced. I don't know what happened, but right now the prices have become a rip-off! The cheapest bottle of wine costs 2500 baht, and I have seen the same wine in other restaurants for 1600 baht. I opted for a glass instead, at 280 baht (usually 150 baht in comparable places). The small glass was filled for about a quarter. I got some attitude when I asked them to poor a little more for my 280 baht. Fruit juice is 200 baht, ridiculous for Thai standards. The King's grill dish went up from 1,200 baht to 1,900 baht now. All excludes tax and service charges. They forgot to pass on our order to the kitchen and we left after having had a (small) glass of wine and a glass of cranberry juice. Total bill for 2 drinks 565 baht inclusive!!! Never ever will I return to this place and I discourage anyone from going here. There are much better places with good Thai food at normal prices.

1  Thank Robert_bkk
Reviewed 18 March 2011

The food and atmosphere are nice. The prices, as mentioned by other reviewers, are outrageous. We are expats who have lived in this neighborhood for several years so we know what good Thai food should cost. This is frankly a rip-off. The emptiness of this once-popular restaurant on a Friday night should have tipped us off that something had changed...

Reviewed 9 March 2011

well, just went there tonight, couldnt believe the prices!! A lemon juice was almost 200 Baht, Tom Yum soup was 580 ++, absolutely ridiculous! Not surprisingly, we were the only ones there at 7pm, I have no idea who would normally go there, if anyone, one can dine in a 5 star restaurant for these prices (and without the traffic noise from Thonglor Road or the bad music screaming out from sub standard speakers!)