“Charming, definately lived up to good reviews.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MHC-Guesthouse

MHC-Guesthouse
Ranked #165 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
“Charming, definately lived up to good reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

MHC guesthouse was a nice little guest house tucked away from the hustle and bustle of sukhumvit while still being very close to everything.
There are no staff on at night when you come in, but after ringing the bell, we were welcomed warmly by a friendly staff member.
It is hard to say what makes MHC guesthouse so special, it just feels very homely. I think the fact that it smells nice is what gives it such a warm feel. Of course the rooms are clean and the staff courteous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Alexwhos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

MHC was recommended to me by my best friend. One of the great things about it were instructions to get there from the airport by subway which despite my best intentions and careful planning, I managed to arrive in Bangkok a single woman after dark...their instructions were great.

My room was clean, bed comfortable and they were very kind. Ka and Max were fantastic and went out of their way to give instructions to site seeing, recommended places to go and delicious places to eat. One morning even Ka spent a large part of her morning helping and phoning for my arrangements to go to Koh Tao. Unbelievable! I liked it so much I am going back to stay there next month. Inexpensive, congenial, clean two blocks away from a fantastic inexpensive subway system and two grocery stores nearby. Absolutely excellent

!

Room Tip: Single rooms do not have a window.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Bluejeanlite
Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

This guesthouse is something special. Its old but very well maintained ans very clean. The bed in my room is so far the most comfortable I have slept in my Asia trip so far. I have a bad back and still slept like a child without any pain when I woke up! The cabinet was also large enough for even longer stay. The owner and staff is also very welcoming, attentive and helpful. They help you with any information and sightseeing. I even got a instruction on email for the taxi driver to drive me the cheapest way from the airport to the guesthouse. Sukhumvit street is a busy street. But Soi 28 is a very quiet and safe street with some old buildings and some new, and a brand new high end high rise office/condo as the nearest neighbor across the street. Its also close to many nice restaurants and the nearest Sky Train station is only about 5-10 minutes slow walk away. I will certainly stay here when I return to Bangkok. You simply don't get a better bed, management or staff even in a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Svein Arne G
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I really cannot say enough good things about this hotel - but the real praise must be about the staff.
My bank had placed a hold on my card causing me much panic and distress - the owner, Max, kindly offered to let me call the bank from his Skype account. The matter was sorted in a matter of minutes and the panic was over.
But it was not just the owner who was amazing - a staff member explained to me how to use the sky train in a very simple way - saving me lots of money.
She also recommended a cheaper shooting range than the one I had in mind - also saving me alot of money.
The rooms were lovely and spacious and my room had a whopper fridge.
I also had a 24 hour movie channel – which was in English – showing a lot of blockbuster films, whcih was handy for the odd occassion I was in the hotel.

Wifi and Air con were excellent also.

Room Tip: On the top floor the room was extremely spacious and all the facilities provided were excellent - ma...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MichelleJoe15
Quezon City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

It was hard to find a triple bed without extra charge so i'm so glad found this place through Agoda... :)

Buy be ready to walk like around 4 floors??? Coz the room is situated on the top most.. Clean room, we were provided with e-kettle, mini ref, comfy bed, very nice and friendly staff :) of course kababayan :D the only thing that was hassle that even though we noted for an early check in they still charged us with 950 Baht... We arrived there Oct 25 around 2am Thailand Time and we were supposed to be checked in at 2pm. Also we did an early check out; we had to go to Jatujak but they made sure to keep an eye on our baggages :)

But if you'll have a chance get hotel near MrT near Asok station. This place is quiet i could consider it sort of a "residential area"

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Kristine Z
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here our first night in Bangkok in August 2012. Our room was clean and comfortable. It had air conditioning (a godsend in August) and a great view. It was centrally located and close to the train. An excellent place to stay whether or not you're on a budget.

Max, the owner, was fantastic. Not only did he help us navigate the city and explain bus, train and boat schedules and customs, but he shared beers and incredible stories from his adventure filled life. Then, he kept score while we played darts with a group of Dutch boys. Could not have asked for a better welcome to Thailand. We would have loved to stay more than one night, but all the rooms were filled. Next time we'll plan ahead to make the Mhc a highlight of our trip. Thanks again, Max!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bonney J
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

We needed somewhere for two nights close to transport. This is less than 10 mins from skytrain and streets are well signed. Breakfast can be ordered the night before and full english for 180B was good value and kept us going most of the day. Round the corner is Yolo hostel and cafe for cheap beer and cafe food and a little closer to the Bts is a great real cheap Thai eaterie. didn't findmuch locally aftet dark but city centre not far. Agree with others about the friendly staff and plane named rooms rather than numbers is a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012