Lowest prices for your stay
US$47
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
CheapTicketsUS$47
Trip.comUS$42
TravelocityUS$47
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Capt Max, the owner of this property has an excellent staff with great hospitality. I enjoyed the stay of 3 nights. The rooms are super excellent with all the amenities one could ask for. Very well maintained with clean and tidy rooms, nice cozy big bed,TV,Fridge,Cupboard,locker and good bathrooms.He also offers free tea and coffee which I thought was very nice and one gets a very warm feeling during the stay thanks to Capt Max and his friendly staff. I thought naming the rooms with different aircraft names is a real nice touch. I was in a room named Comet. The location of the property is also helpful as it is in the middle of the city and 5 min walking distance from Phrom Phong Station which is another great advantage. All in all an excellent stay and also hope to stay there again. Highly recommended for family and solo travelers.:-)

Room tip: All rooms should be fine.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Hrituraj M
Reviewed 7 January 2013

this time we had one of the "Superior Rooms", B767 (not easy to remember your room nbr if you're not into the Boeing typology :-) at the top floor. it is very spacious, has a comfy king size bed, a big, silent fridge, a big, quiet ceiling fan + a/c, a safety box in the wardrobe + a teakettle (obviously with tea bags, sugar, etc). the bathroom is rather small, but has a convenient shower cubicle with hot water. the rooms are always very clean. if you want your room to be done + get fresh towels, just hang out the "make my room" sign on the door knob or tell it at the reception.

as always, Mr Max, the owner, his assistant Ms Ka + housekeeper Ms Riya are very friendly + helpful (all of them speaking English).

we again had a very pleasant stay at MHC. having a safe + quiet harbor in such a busy, noisy town as BKK is crucial for us.

some restaurant recommendations: walking a 200m down the nearby Sukhumvit Soi 26 on the right-hand side, you first hit the "Restaurant & Laundry". a nice place with good, fairly priced Thai food, a/c. a bit further down there is a busy, excellent noodle soup place (noon only) and an always good place with yummy Thai food is Suda Restaurant at Sukhumvit Soi 14 (just at Asok BTS).

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank aladoro
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I picked this spot as I was arriving in Bangkok in a few hours, had not booked a place and it was well reviewed on Tripadvisor. I was arriving in December which is a fairly busy time in Bangkok so this place was the best I could do. They were one of the only hotels to bother answering my last minute email and I was very appreciative of that. The service overall there was fairly good and the staff fairly friendly. They all speak excellent English (I believe the owner is British)

The place itself is decent enough. My room was quite large although relatively simple and a touch older. It had a double bed as well as an additional single bed and the beds were fairly comfortable. The room also had air-con and a TV. The location, just a few minutes walk to a BTS station is excellent.

The negatives are that my room, on the second floor, did have a window but it was facing a brick wall less that a foot away, which means, it effectively does not have a real window. I bought breakfast from the hotel which I have to say was one of the worst meals I've ever eaten, certainly the worst meal of my trip (although, some brits who like their eggs fried into oblivion might like it) and at 180 Baht it is very overpriced for Bangkok.

Overall, this hotel was OK. The thing is, for the price of 950 baht, if you are organized you can get something much nicer through websites like hotels.com, agoda etc for almost the same place. I wound up moving to another hotel in the area which "normally" costs 1700 baht but i booked it for 1050 baht through hotels.com and it sort of blew MHC guesthouse away.

Room tip: although i didn't see it, i believe the room on the third floor has a real window.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Demian R
MHCGuesthouseMgmt, Owner at Sarnn Sukhumvit 28, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2013

This Reviewer wrote 2 reviews, in fact he told me he was going to do so. I complained and the second was pulled. He arrived late on the evening of 9th January. He called my Manager from the airport desperate for a room. Ka pulled out all stops to have him in a room asap. Here is gratitude for you. It baffles me why you stayed at all. At the top of your check-in form is written."IF YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED YOU MAY CHECK OUT WITHIN 15 MINUTES WITH A FULL REFUND". I am the only hotel that gives such a guarantee, just to stop types like you staying. I am sure you reorganized the window is only 17 minutes from the wall within minutes of entering the room. If the room was not satisfactory the correct thing to do was to check out immediately with your money. Instead you opted to stay and complain later. To any one reading this, please if you don't like the MHC, just collect your money and leave quietly. By staying you negates any complains. I don't consider this the actions of a mature person. The Mhc is a very friendly, family orientated guest house at a very competitive price. My reviews and occupancy rate of 97% testates to that. I do NOT want time wasters in my hotel. The price of your breakfaster was told to you prior to ordering. It was your decision to order the more expensive one. Had you said something to my staff, she would have gladly accommodate you. I would not go to an eating place and says nothing if I am dissatisfied. I don't think you are as smart as you want us believe. I would like to return your $6. Kindly send me an address or account where I can do so. You have found another hotel more suitable to your wishes, good luck and good riddance. You are no longer welcome. As you can see I have sufficient backbone to print my name. Max Rathan

Reviewed 4 January 2013

The place was really easy to find next to a skytrain station (skytrain is very important in bkk transportation), the owner, mr. Max was simply a perfect host. We didnt know anything about bkk so he told us everything we needed for a couple of nights stay. In this kind of city it is very important to have someone to trust to if you need to know something or have a problem. We felt that we had a friend who to call to. On the streets its very difficult to find credible people.

Otherwise, the superior room was very big and clean, wifi worked perfectly (unlike in other places we ahve visited in thailand) and coffee is free and tasty.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Moi M
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this guesthouse after our flight from scotland and were only staying one night. Not much to say really, warm welcome, clean room, ideal location (near transport links, restraunts, bars etc), rooms were very basic, bathroom tiny, but it did the job for what we needed.

I probebly wouldnt visit again but would recommend to anyone who just needed a cheap night stopover in an easy location!