“"Quiet and clean"”

Ranked #209 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Karaj, Iran
“"Quiet and clean"”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I stayed here at the end of August. We booked here at the start of our holiday and decided to rebook for our final night in Bangkok. We went to Phuket and return to BKK and come right back at MHC guest house. And thanked God to be back at MHC. The rooms were clean, the price was cheap, the owner (Max) was a great dude and the staffs were very polite and helpful.
My wife was 4 month pregnant and the only place she could relax in crowded BKK was MHC guest house.
Every morning Max checked his email and read comments on Tripadvisor.com, so Max if you read my comment, I want to thank you for your great hospitality.
Best wishes
Shahab Mohseni
Iranian dude.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ShahabMoh3ni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great little guesthouse with great staff....Max was on holiday so missed him but the manager and remaining staff were excellent they helped us in many ways to get around places with instructions and info.
Yes lots of stairs but you only carry you case up once and down once. lol
Shame we missed you Max but maybe next time.......praise your staff for excellent service.
Scott & Michelle

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amubis
mhc-guesthouse, Owner at MHC-Guesthouse, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thanks very much for your kind review. I am sorry I missed you. I Hope we will meet again on your next trip to the land of smiles. Kinest regards. Max Rathan
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here at the end of August. We booked here at the start of our holiday and decided to rebook for our final night in Bangkok. The room we stayed in was basic but not a problem. However, when returning to our room at midnight there was an awful smell coming up from the drains thought the sink (which was in the bedroom rather than the ensuite). We tried putting the plug in, spraying deodorant ... Unfortunately the smell of poo was too strong! I hardly slept at all (first time of my life sleeping with fingers in my nose). The next day when we were asked if we had slept well I told the nice lady about what happened and she politely shrugged it off, saying that when it has been raining this can happen (bare in mind it rains a lot in rainy season!) My wife and I have stayed in many cheap hostels at a fraction of the cost in our lives and never smelt anything as bad as this room.

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Tommy H
Sir, You stayed at the MHC on 2 occassions. On your first visit of 30th July you booked a double room for yourself and friend. My manager was very kind to you and gave you an upgrade Superior room (B.767) with no extra charge.
There were I am sure many other good points about the MHC that brought you back on the 28th.August.
These good points seem to have slipped your memory when you wrote your review.
It is with regret you had a disturbed sleep on your second visit. I do apologise for this. Should you return, we will try to compensate you. It is ashame you did not complained about the smell at the time, when we were in a position to change your room. Complaining after the fact means we are unable to retify the problem. Max Rathan
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed here for three nights at the start of August. The woman at reception was great - any questions we had she answered in great detail. She was amazingly helpful and welcoming. Very homely and our room was great. Very big room and bathroom.

Only had two gripes:
1. There are no lifts and the stairs are very steep. Fine for us but if you have bad knees, are elderly etc just request a lower room. We were on the top room and was a great workout walking up! Hard to carry our suitcases though.
2. Our shower heater kept tripping and they had to reset it a few times. But no worries it was always done in a flash.

Its a great location. Close to the skytrain and as mentioned below, breakfast and lunch at YOLO is great! Very cheap, friendly and amazing food.

Would definately stay there next time in Bangkok :)

Room Tip: Request a lower room if you don't like stairs. They are very steep.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oakleycarter
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed there twice in June and July 2013. Both times I found the owner (Max) and staff (day and night manager and cleaning staff) to be very helpful. Any request was promptly attended too as well as directions around Bangkok. The location is good (close to skytrain), rooms clean, comfortable, safe, quite spacious and quiet. All in all I found it good value for money. The A/c in the room worked well as well as TV and fridge. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank dr a
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 July 2013

The guesthouse was easy to find thanks to a former trip advisor reviewer and reasonably handy to the sky train. The room was clean but there was only a bottom sheet on the bed. I found a spare sheet in a drawer and was given a blanket the next day when I asked (after finding just the sheet not enough).
There was someone at reception until early afternoon but at other times the reception and bar area was vacated and in darkness.
The girls were polite. There was no sign of the owner during my 2 night stay. I must say it was hard to get hold of anyone when the reception area was not staffed. At one point I rang the outside bell (as directed by the sign) several times and no one came.
I booked a half day tour to the floating market through the guesthouse which I later had to cancel, losing my deposit. It was only a small amount but it was annoying that the girl who booked it could not tell me the return time. It turned out the "half day" started at 6am and finished at 3pm!
Overall I was disappointed: this place did not live up to the other reviews.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kiwigirl_2012255118
auckland
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Nice place. Friendly owner who provides good advice.
The filipino maids are lovely. So polite - wow !

Clean, comfortable and great comfortable bed.
Price is excellent and the location is in a good central, interesting area.

No complaints whatsoever. But not suitable for people who have difficulty climbing stairs.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo