“highly recommendable”

Ranked #198 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Warsaw, Poland
“highly recommendable”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

+ nice, clean and quiet rooms.
+ good location - 5-10 min to BTS (sky train) station.
+ extremely helpful staff - I have to point out that it was the first time I got a welcoming email from the manager before my arrival with a set of practical information including how to get to the hotel from the airport not being ripped off by the taxi driver.

All mentioned above one can have for a very reasonable price - very good price/quality ratio.

All in all it's a great place to stay in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Luki777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at MHC guesthouse 3 nights on arrival and decided to return after our 3weeks trip around Thailand for 3more nights. We really liked the place for the fact that it´s in a great location (quiet side street but near the business district and airtrain, with terrific morning street food!) and the friendliness of the owner and his staff.
The room was cosy and the bed, though high to jump in, was really comfy! Only downside was the lack of elevator (we were on the third floor and had heavy luggages) but the feeling of security, the cleanliness and the wise advises from the staff made up for it!
I will highly recommend the place to my friends and if I go back to Bangkok I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Aureliebubu
Brisbane
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here around a total of 7 nights in November 2013.

The location is good being only a few minutes walk to some good eateries and about 10 minutes walk to Phrom Pong BTS station.For somewhere so close to Sukhumvit Rd it is very quiet.

Max the owner is friendly guy who cares about his guests and is happy to give any information necessary.

Ka the manager is a lovely lady (with a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of Thailand) who happily helped me out no end with advice on everything from phone cards to travelling.

Together Max and Ka made me feel at home and made my stay a really enjoyable one. I wholeheartedly recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs avoid the rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The owner was great, concerned for our well being. Great reception staff. Room great for a couple of nights shopping in Bangkok. Triple room worked well for my hubby and I, plus 3&8year olds. Sky train brilliant but we found it was a no goer with suitcases and kids.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Thetribegetsbigger
Islamabad, Pakistan
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This place is owned by Max who was a pilot... & if i recall correctly, born in Caribbean, brought up in England and flew for Kuwait Airways... His passion of flying is evident from the way he has very nicely decorated his reception / lobby and named the rooms. Located meters away from Sukhumvit Road in a peaceful alley guaranteeing sound sleep.... BTS is on walking station.... plenty of nice places on walking distance.... helpful and courteous staff with very personal touch of services..... respond very timely to emails (not common in Thailand).... well maintained rooms, excellent decor, complementary tea / coffee, arrangement of very competitively priced tours from third party. This is a "no smoking" guesthouse, spotlessly clean rooms and toilets. I would definitely stay again. Value for money (or may be value much better than the cost)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank accidentalsurgeon
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Due to flight delays, I only had 1 night to stay at MHC. I arrived from the airport late (around 1am), but a staff worker was at the door and checking me in within 2 minutes of arriving. The location is fantastic, 5 minutes from the BTS station. Since I arrived late I used a taxi from the airport, and showed the taxi driver the instructions from Max. It only took about 20 minutes and the route we used avoided all the tolls.

The rooms were spacious, and the bed was very very comfortable.

Overall, good value for the price, would like to stay there again for more time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ken P
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

It was our first time in Bangkok. My husband and I stayed there for 7 days. We love the place. It's a cute, clean place. They had a nice rooms, i love the white soft bed. The location is very convenient for a travelers like us. Closer to the malls, street foods, and BT stations. Max the owner gave us a lot of information about Bangkok and very approachable. One staff, Rhea a Filipina is very nice. We became friends because i am a Filipina too and we live in the same Region in the Philippines. All in all we enjoyed our stayed in Bangkok, and we would love to comeback and stay again at MHC.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple