“Dao is the best!”

Spa Athenee at The Athenee Hotel
Ranked #48 of 483 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Retreat from the bustling city and discover your sanctuary at Athenee Spa. Enter your private treatment room at Athenee Spa and indulge the mind, body and spirit with moments of pleasure and tranquillity. Each journey starts with a personal consultation designed to ensure that each guest receives the best treatments appropriate to their needs and preferences. At Athenee Spa, your holistic spa journey can include signature therapies such as L’experience Anne Semonin, a revitalizing facial that combines an ingenious blend of aromatic essential oils, trace elements and marine ingredients with the classic French touch to leave you feeling relaxed and looking radiant. Other unique treatments include the half day Immunetra Blood Type Massage which matches the individual blood type by using natural nutrients that boost the immune system.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Dao gives a fantastic massage ... and this spa is excellent. The staff is so nice and friendly, the facilities are great, and everything is so relaxing. Try Spa Athenee in Bangkok!

1  Thank TravelingBear95
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Spa Athenee at The Athenee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear TravelingBear95,

Thank you for sharing such kind feedback of Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It is inspiring to know that you not only had a fantastic massage, but that you also found our facilities to be excellent. We are indeed very fortunate to have such talented associates like Ms. Dao, thank you for highlighting her service as I am sure that she will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback and recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Tried a set of spa they call a good day spa.
While check in, the front desk will ask to fill out a form through which the guest can tell where to concentrate.
In the spa room, safe and private bath room can be found. They also offer one-time underwear and a bell. The bell is to told the massager to come when you are ready.
The massager I met is very professional. Massage for neck, shoulder and back was in good rhythm accompanied by music like secret garden or so.
The massage set included a set meal.
Dining alongside the pool was as lovely as the massage itself.

Dear Sheung Y,

Thank you for your patronage of Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Our “A Good Day Spa” package does indeed offer exceptional value and I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience. I am also thrilled that you found our associates to be very professional and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal by our lagoon styled Swimming pool. I would like to let you know that due to popular demand, we have extended our “A Good Day Spa” package up to the 31st of December 2013.

Thank you once again for your kind feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I arrived in Bangkok tired and disoriented at 5:30 in the morning. After exploring what this lovely hotel had to offer, I decided to splurge and visit their very luxurious spa. The accommodating, polite, and well-spoken staff immediately put me at ease, unlike in some other spas I've visited where the staff seems to think they're doing you a favor by showing up at work.

I had a massage, facial, and body scrub with Dao, whose magic fingers gave me the best massage I've ever had. She also is the first masseuse who so keenly encouraged me to point out the trouble spots, and with this information, she was able to give me some relief from a knotted shoulder muscle that constantly aches.

I highly recommend the service, though the price is a bit steep. I would certainly go again when I'm in the mood to treat myself, but I'd leave off the facial, which was not on par with the other services.

Dear Sara D ,

Thank you for your support of our Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you felt that our associates were accommodating, polite and well-spoken and that they were able to immediately put you at ease. Thank you for highlighting the excellent experience our associate Ms. Dao was able to offer you, I will be sure to share your comments with her to recognize her efforts. I will definitely look into your other concerns to see were we could perhaps improve our offering in the future.

Once again thank you for your kind recommendation and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon to the Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've stayed at this fantastic hotel many times but have never used the spa before this stay. After a very hectic couple of weeks I took a Sunday to wind down. I enjoyed the hotel's peerless Sunday (and every day) brunch buffet. After my feast settled, I went to the pool which is landscaped to transform it into a quiet, secluded paradise on the 4th floor of one of the busiest roads in Bangkok. After a great swim in their perfect pool, I walked up a flight of steps and into the spa. The Thai massage that I received from the lovely and consummate professional Kie capped off my perfect Sunday.

PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Spa Athenee at The Athenee Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear 42Alan,

Thank you for your continued support of the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday Brunch in The Rain Tree Café and that you were able to take advantage of several of our exceptional leisure facilities here in the hotel. I am thrilled that you finished your Sunday off with a Thai Massage in Spa Athénée and that our associate Ms Kie offered you an exceptional spa experience. I will be sure to share you kind feedback with Ms. Kie and I am certain that she will be thrilled to know how much she have been appreciated.

Once again thank you for you kind feedback and recommendation. I hope we will be have the opportunity to welcome you back Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We will come back to this hotel next year. the service is good and facilities is great! The hospitality and food are best! very relaxing time at spa athenee.The staff is very friendly. We would like to thanks all of the staff for the comfort and that we have experienced . We totally recommend this hotel to people who want to spend a great time.

Dear crystal a,

Thank you for your visit to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you had a relaxing time in our Spa Athénée and that you appreciated the service our associates provided. I will be sure to share your kind message with the team, I am certain they will all be delighted.

Once again thank you for your kind recommendation and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.