“That was great”

Spa Athenee at Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Ranked #41 of 454 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Located on the fifth floor of the hotel, the award-winning Spa Athénée showcases an innovative therapeutic approach that focuses on the benefits of preventive maintenance. Based on the long-standing Eastern tradition that your blood type is the key to your well-being, the trained therapists at our spa customise every treatment according to your specific blood type.
Chicago, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“That was great”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and over the spa and swimming poo. I few weeks ago while dealing with 10 degrees below zero temperatures and a foot of snow in Chicago I got an e-mail offering a great deal. I was staying at a hotel a half a block away with a nice spa and pool that is pretty awesome. Unfortunately theed the y have limited sun at the pool and the spa offered me only a 20% discount during these hard time in Bangkok. I walked over to the Plaza Athenee to see if the offer was real. They offered an hour scrub, an hour massage, a spa lunch at the pool and access to the pool for about 75 dollars. I jumped at it. I started the morning at my hotel pool and when the sun went behind the building walked over the the Plaza where I was welcomed , used the pool and then had an incredible spa experience. they let me choose from a healthy menu for my lunch at the restaurant at the pool. The I swam a little more. I enjoyed the experience so much booked another 90 minute treatment on my last day in
Bangkok. They were gracious to offer a good discount. The treatment room was beautiful over looking the pool, they could not see in but we could see out. The therapist was great The music and comfort of the room were very nice.

Visited February 2014
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Spa Athenee at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear docjon236,

Thank you for your support of our Spa Athénée in Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed our “A Good Spa Day” offer at the Spa Athénée. This highly popular offer includes 60 mins Blood Type Body Exfoliation, 60 mins Blood Type Body Massage, a healthy + delicious Set Menu served at The View and access to our lagoon style swimming pool for only THB 2,600 net. I am also glad you appreciated the décor and ambience of our spa treatment room as well as the services provided by our associates. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the spa team and I am sure they will be ecstatic to know that valued guests such like yourself had an enjoyable session with them.

Once again thank you for you kind feedback, I hope that we have the opportunity to have the privilege of your patronage back soon at Spa Athénée.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
rockville,md, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great therapy!”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I had several massage at Spa Athenee. My therapist was Ms. Wiyada. She is one of the best therapists I have ever had. I had a real problem with muscle tension and painful trigger points in my right shoulder blade area, and after 2 sessions with her the problem was gone. She was very patient and very responsive to my cues in terms of what was working and what was not helping. The massages here are quite expensive compared to what you can get "on the street", but Spa Athenee staff are extremely professional and attentive. PLus the relaxed, high end spa atmosphere is worth it if you really want to relax and spoil yourself. Go to Spa Athenee - you wont be disappointed!

Visited January 2014
PlazaAtheneeBKK, Hotel Manager at Spa Athenee at Plaza Athenee Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear John B ,

Thank you for your support of the Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to share such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your spa session at the Spa Athénée. Thank you for highlighting the excellent service provided by our associates Ms. Wiyada, the lifestyle manager of the Spa Athénée. We endeavor to use only the highest quality of products so as to ensure that all our valued guest has an memorable and relaxing spa session.

Once again thank you for you kind feedback and recommendation. I hope we will be have the opportunity to welcome you back Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Want to balance the Rave Reviews on TripAdvisor for this Spa”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Sorry. You really can't go wrong in Thailand. But this experience was definitely at most mediocre. I signed for a scrub and wrap ... and was told that I would be in the wrap for 45 minutes ... what? I opted for 30 minutes and was treated to a 10-minute head massage (whatever). The treatment was perfunctory, but the products are very not great. No amenities ... had to leave without at least combing my hair; and only one hangar in the cubby.

Visited December 2013
Dear Nana-Ipo,

Thank you for your visit to Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor

I am truly concerned that your visit to the Spa Athénée was not up to your expectations. Guests feedback are of great importance to us and please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team so as to monitor and improve our service offerings. I will be glad to discuss it further with you if you travel back to Bangkok during your next visit.

Once again thank you for sharing your feedback and I sincerely hope that you will not judge us based solely on this occasion and consider visiting the Spa Athénée in the Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Luxury spa”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This is a very luxury spa which made us say WOW as soon as we arrived. However, price was also very high and massage only ok. Overall would recommend for special occasion for someone only like soft massage because not very strong.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank May_icecream
“Perfect relaxation”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a 90-min Exotic Thai promotion that included Thai Aromatic Oil and Herbal compression. I felt completely relaxed, therapist was very highly skilled. I'll definitely return and recommend to my friends.

Visited November 2013