“Great Food, Good Service and Nice People”
Review of Grottino

Grottino
Ranked #3,335 of 10,969 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Swiss
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Food, Good Service and Nice People”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family and our friend dined at the Grottino Restaurant, it was our friend who recommended this restaurant. We didn’t really know what to expect, however when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is not real big; however it has a great atmosphere, clean and comfortable. As I am not an expert on Swiss food, we asked the manager and his staff (who incidentally is a very nice and helpful persons) to recommend Starters which was the Grottino Plate, and how could you go to a Swiss restaurant and not try a Fondue, Main course was also very delicious. What we had was perfect and very tasty; we all enjoyed our meal and a nice bottle of red wine. For the service and quality of food the prices are very reasonable. We intend to make this place one of our regular restaurant venues.

• Visited November 2013

Singapore
“Very good authentic Swiss / German food”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This quaint restaurant is located in a small soi right behind the Four Points hotel. I am kicking myself that it took me so long to discover it, because the food is very good. The restaurant only has one bad review, which is completely removed from reality.

The quick review is that the food is authentic Swiss/German fare and the ingredients used are fresh. The food tasted really good. I had the Schweinsfilet mit Steinpilzrahmsauce and changed the Kartoffelkroketten to Spaetzle and the dish was wonderful. The pork was tender and tasty. The restaurant serves the dishes which come with gravy with an additional gravy boat, which is simply excellent for people like me who love to mop up gravy.

Highly recommended. Guten Appetit!

• Visited November 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
“What a surprise. It's like walking from Bangkok into Europe.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

A friend of mine who is of Swiss origin and lives in Bangkok took me here recently for dinner. We walked out of a typical small street or soi and into what seemed like a restaurant that you would find in a Swiss town. It seems like a great place for expats to hang out as I heard mostly German spoken there and overall the atmosphere was casual and friendly. There is a menu featuring Thai and Euro favorites. I had the weinsrschnitzel which was excellent. They also made a nice BD cake for me which was arranged by my friend and they bake their own bread too.

Overall this was a most pleasant experience and I would definitely return again.

• Visited October 2013
Samut Sakhon, Thailand
“A tast of home :-)”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

If I am in Bangkok and my kids around , I try to go for dinner there. They are both Thais but love the Swiss food cooked there. Very good is also the in house bakery to get a real good bread and many other good things. The prices are in the upper range (for Thailand), but you will get something really good for it........ a taste of home.

• Visited March 2013
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Taste of Europe in Bangkok”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I have dined at this restaurant many times over the past six years, the food and service has always been the same, very good. I like the quiet atmosphere, off a very busy street.The daily specials are worth looking at.Value for money.

• Visited May 2013