“Great Swiss food, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Grottino

Grottino
Ranked #2,508 of 10,706 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Swiss food, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Been there a few times to eat Swiss food (Cheese fondue).
Great service, good quality food, authentic Swiss food. Will be there again!
Thanks for the service and the food!

• Visited May 2013

“yummy Swiss, European and Thai food..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

a beautiful restaurant run by a Swiss. very friendly and well organised. food is very delicious and not too expensive.

• Visited March 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Food, Good Service and Nice People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family and our friend dined at the Grottino Restaurant, it was our friend who recommended this restaurant. We didn’t really know what to expect, however when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is not real big; however it has a great atmosphere, clean and comfortable. As I am not an expert on Swiss food, we asked the manager and his staff (who incidentally is a very nice and helpful persons) to recommend Starters which was the Grottino Plate, and how could you go to a Swiss restaurant and not try a Fondue, Main course was also very delicious. What we had was perfect and very tasty; we all enjoyed our meal and a nice bottle of red wine. For the service and quality of food the prices are very reasonable. We intend to make this place one of our regular restaurant venues.

• Visited November 2013
Singapore
“Very good authentic Swiss / German food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This quaint restaurant is located in a small soi right behind the Four Points hotel. I am kicking myself that it took me so long to discover it, because the food is very good. The restaurant only has one bad review, which is completely removed from reality.

The quick review is that the food is authentic Swiss/German fare and the ingredients used are fresh. The food tasted really good. I had the Schweinsfilet mit Steinpilzrahmsauce and changed the Kartoffelkroketten to Spaetzle and the dish was wonderful. The pork was tender and tasty. The restaurant serves the dishes which come with gravy with an additional gravy boat, which is simply excellent for people like me who love to mop up gravy.

Highly recommended. Guten Appetit!

• Visited November 2013
Schaumburg, Illinois
“What a surprise. It's like walking from Bangkok into Europe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

A friend of mine who is of Swiss origin and lives in Bangkok took me here recently for dinner. We walked out of a typical small street or soi and into what seemed like a restaurant that you would find in a Swiss town. It seems like a great place for expats to hang out as I heard mostly German spoken there and overall the atmosphere was casual and friendly. There is a menu featuring Thai and Euro favorites. I had the weinsrschnitzel which was excellent. They also made a nice BD cake for me which was arranged by my friend and they bake their own bread too.

Overall this was a most pleasant experience and I would definitely return again.

• Visited October 2013