“One word... Exemplary”

Ranked #41 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“One word... Exemplary”
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Big 5-star hotels often blur into one another; really, they'll all luxurious and make you wow and ahh, and you generally love everything about them because it is simply better than home and you feel pampered. And I've stayed in plenty to stand by the comment.

But Hansar Bangkok leaves me speechless. It is impeccable. Incredible. And it really all stems down to the service and it's ability to make you feel like you are a valued guest. Amazing for a hotel that one might say is more business orientated. On arrival, we had a room upgrade (from the cheapest room to the second most expensive room - a room that is actually three rooms and is bigger than my apartment at home!). The staff are incredibly attentive, helpful and friendly. And the hotel restaurant Eve offers a reasonably sized buffet breakfast but an incredible French cuisine dinner which I hope remains relatively undiscovered.

There are not many hotels that I would say hands down I'll be back there, as I do like to sample. But without doubt, I'm all Hansar now if I'm ever back in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank the_ooi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stavanger
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Stayed only 1 night. Hotel staff friendly and service minded. Rooms are very spacious, and probably the best room we have ever stayed in. Very clean. Very modern. Pool area looks good. Breakfast good selection, but not extraordinary. Free minibar and internet. Central location.

Lacks the extraordinary, but well worth the stay. Would probably choose them again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Hotel brand new, rooms are really well made. Also the staff of this hotel make you feel like you re home.

Ong from the concierge took a really good care of us. We arrived in Bangkok without any special plan. He makes for us some nice trip around for a raisonnable price.

Thanks Hansar hotel for this trip and you can be shure than next time we come to Bangkok we will stay at Hansar hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We were recommended Hansar by our friend and stayed 3 nights. Wow - it was just amazing. First of all we were warmly welcomed at the entrance by friendly staff, general manager and operation manager...everyone of them did recognized our arrival and remembered our name. We have been travelling all over the world and stayed 5 star hotels all the time but this greeting was exceptional. Although it was our first visit at Hansar, we did feel like we stayed here many times and we were treated like their "regular". Next day my boyfriend was not feeling well but it was another good opportunity to know about this hotel. They were extremely helpful...calling doctor and came to our room few times to check and see if he was doing well. Next day we found that they put flower and "get well" card in our room when they came for cleaning. Every staff asked him how he was doing since then...what a hospitality! Besides their amazing staff, their bed was one of the best. Very comfortable and it was needed especially when he was sick! We had amazing experience at Hansar and we already talked about going back for our Christmas holiday.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2011

i've been coming to hansar hotel in bangkok every month for the last 4 months after changing from oriental and peninsula hotel ( read previous review) . since there opening of the hotel there have been surpassing my expectation far more that i tough they would. the staff is fantastic and experience, the quality of the food on all the restaurant is fantastic. the room are far more spacious then oriental or the peninsula hotel or even the sheraton suhkumvit.
it is tru that the mini bar in the room is free for beer and pop and snack. so when i see review that they don't have the kind of drink people want the staff will provided it with no cost WITH PLEASURE
the room are big enough to fit 4 suitcase and make you walk around many time.
it is more then a 5 star hotel it is home away from home and luxury that everybody should experience at a decent price .
not putting down the conrad or the oriental quality. this is a luxury small hotel that doesn't compromise quality and service.
i will be coming to hansar for many year to come because for the amount i was paying in these big luxuray hotel i was not getting half of the quality and the service and the size of room that these hotel has to offer
good job hansar

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank mackayfrank
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Having stayed at many of Bangkok's luxury hotels a friend told me about the newly opened Hansar Bangkok and I decided to give it a try. The good things started right from my airport pick-up - no waiting and I was on my way. Arriving at the hotel, the very friendly Concierge Staff all came out to greet me as if I were an old regular. A fast check-in, and I was shown to my amaizing room. The design of this hotel is nothing less than breath-taking - both stunning and quirky, the green plant-life and natural materials being a welcome break from the concrete and glass starkness of many of todays buildings. The room was very spacious and well appointed - the day-bed was a great place to kick back and relax, while the bathroom had an elligant feeling of quality and functionality. The bed was extreemly comfortable, ensuring a great nights sleep, and the work-station provided plenty of space for my computer, documents etc to be spread out and easily accessable. Wifi is free in all of the rooms, and this is a welcome change from the $20-$30 gouging that you get from many hotels for high-speed internet access. The room's mini-bar is complimentary, and has a simple but adequate selection of soda's, juices, and snack foods, which I noted were replenished with great regularity. All of the staff at the Hansar struck me as being egar and dynamic in their approach to the guests, making me feel most welcome. As some other review writers have also noted - it was amaizing that a good number of the staff were able to remember and greet me by name as I entered or departed from the hotel - this enhanced the welcome feeling I had at the Hansar, and is something that you just don't get at most of the benchmark 5 star hotels. So if you are looking for a hotel that is very well located, and is offering a refreshing change from the standard five star format, then I strongly recommend that you give the Hansar Bangkok a try!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JTB007
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2011

What a hotel! We first stayed 4 nights and then had a booking with Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok. We were soooo happy with the Hansar Hotel that cancelled the other booking to return to Hansar. The hotel itself is 5 stars, no doubts about it. But what makes the difference is people, staff serving you as a real guest, without being too much on top of you but giving the service whenever required. We originally had booked the Urban suit but got upgraded to the Edge. The rooms are incredibly nice and bath and showers are perfect. On our second visit we had been upgraded to the Vertigo suit. There are not enough words to describe it. If you can afford it (not too expensive though) it’s worth every penny. Attention to details at its best! People at Hansar Hotel: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING OUR STAY IN BANGKOK SO UNFORGETTABLE! Also, as the hotel is located only 100 meters from the BTS it's extremely well connected. We definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Urban, Edge or Vertigo! 3 are great!