“Everything was perfect!”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #42 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This was our first time to Bangkok and the choice of hotels seemed almost overwhelming. After researching a number of the big chains, we finally chose the Hansar over the Banyan Tree on account of the many excellent reviews on tripadvisor.

We are so pleased we did!

From the pickup at the airport in a BMW5 (organised directly through the hotel, excellent service, especially when you’re arriving late at night and prefer a hassle-free transfer to the city), to our wonderful studio - we just loved every minute at the Hansar.

We had requested a high room with a view if possible and we could not have been happier with our Studio 1807 on the 18th floor with a great view over the Royal Bangkok Sports Club. We won’t repeat the glowing description of fellow reviewers ….the fantastic room (bed, rainshower, minibar) and the fabulous location - except to say they’re all true.

We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and very much appreciated the special touches the staff and management provided. The speedy in-room check-in by Nina, the welcome fruit basket and special heart-shaped red roses arrangement with a note from management and housekeeping, a long stemmed red rose on the bed and rose petals in the bathtub (with freshly drawn warm water!), the complimentary body scrub before our heavenly massage in the spa … we felt very, very special indeed.

Breakfast is a delight, we liked sitting outside on the deck, amongst the greenery. You have to remind yourself you’re in the middle of city with a population of 10+ million people. The buffet is excellent, as are the various egg dishes you can order a la carte. And having a few drinks at the bar in the evening, again sitting outside, enjoying the entertainment provided by the band - just perfect.

We met Khun Nirun, Operations & Audit Manager one day while waiting for our tour pick-up and he told us that the hotel management and staff were working towards making everything perfect before their “grand opening”. We could only say that for us, it was already one of the best hotel experiences in our many years of travelling.

So if you are looking for a sophisticated and stylish boutique hotel in a great location, and at about the same cost as its more well-known neighbours (Four Seasons, Hyatt), with great ambience and beautiful, modern rooms, all in the hands of caring management and with the most engaging, genuine staff you could ever meet …. you will love your stay at the Hansar Hotel Bangkok.

5  Thank on-honeymoon-forever
Write a ReviewReviews (3,015)

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed here for a few nights with my girlfriend and everything was perfect. The room, the service, the food & the location were all fantastic. The staff here really cares. They make you feel at home and taken care of. Having stayed at most of the top hotels in Bangkok, I can say that this one is the best.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank DoubleBakedPork
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Arrival and entry was great, fantastic hospitality. No problems, and went straight up to my room which was ready and waiting. Certainly one of the better rooms I've experienced, and much better than what I had exptected, lots of space, desk, couch, two tvs (incl one set up so you can actually see it from the desk, which is a far cry from some places). The bathroom was spacious, with two basins and a comfortable bath. The complimentary minibar was a welcome addition.

The service was great from everyone involved, managers, waiters, security, bell boys etc. Can't fault a thing in that regard.

While free wifi was good, and not something available in all hotels, my big gripe was that the wifi was a bit flakey, and I didn't get a good signal in the bedroom. This should be looked into, but hardly a big issue in the scheme of things. Also, I think as it is a new hotel and is not yet well known, a couple of taxi drivers struggled to find it, though each time I managed to get back without too many problems.

Certainly a hotel that I'd highly recommend, which I have already done to my business colleagues and friends in Bangkok. I booked it because on Tripadvisor it was #1 in Bangkok, and I was not disappointed.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank sunnysandgroper
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Hotel Hansar masters what it has set-out to acheive in Bangkok. Beleive me, I get about, and in my opinion this is one of the finest Hotels I've stayed in. Why? Because what they do they do well, thru constant attention to detail, and good Management using staff who clearly care about what they do.
Check-in was personal, fast and without any drama. The General Manager is passionate with regard to providing a quality experiance, and wants to ensure they remain No1. As customers we can can only benefit from this, so frankly you can't go wrong.
Jay's (food and beverage Manager) is a most hospitable host and spends time ensuring his staff are meeting client's expectations.

A great team at Hansar and next visit to BKK will see me return. Frankly, there is no comparison in Bangkok. Larger Hotels simply cannot provide this level of attention in my opinion.

As a bonus, ideally located down-town, yet in a quite street overlooking the racecourse and golf club, just a minute away from BTR station.

I was meant to be here for three days but cancelled my plans to stay for the whole week. Glad I did.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Bil1965
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Second time to BKK, and have previously stayed at Novotel Siam Square and the Siam@Siam. More reminiscent of the latter, we cannot fault this lovely modestly sized brand new hotel in a terrific spot. We stayed three nights here in June 2011, as part of our Thailand holiday on our way to Hua Hin. Two adults plus a 14 year old daughter, in an Edge Suite, breakfast included.

This hotel is top end at very good value for money. Exquisite level of service without being intrusive. Great little touches to make the stay that bit more special - including a complimentary mini bar which I found a terrific additional luxury. They have opted for the modestly stocked mini-bar at no additional cost which meant that cold Singha after a hot day out was worry free. Staff are most helpful, friendly and customer aware. Breakfast is magnificent with an a la carte menu for cooked breakfast in addition to the buffet items.

Out of the hustle and bustle, but ready access to transport. This hotel has the BTS rail two minutes walk away which is all you need to get around to Siam Square and MBK for shopping, or to Sathorn Taksin for a ferry up river to sight seeing in the Grand Place district. Also nearby is Lumpini Park (10 min stroll) which is lovely green sojourn from the Bangkok pace. 7-eleven 100 metres away for essentials. Free wi-fi is also a helpful addition.

Pool facilities are a delight, cold water and towel materialising on arrival every time, and an outstanding fitness centre is included. Wife and daughter enjoyed a massage at the spa.

Highly recommended, and if I head back to Bangkok, this is where we shall stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Miller-and-Co
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Sitting right now by the pool at the hansar hotel. The hotel is lovely and the staff excellent, very friendly. The bed is very comfy, the best so far in Thailand. We have a vertigo suite which is very big and well equipped. The only pitfall is that the bathroom and shower are like a goldfish bowl.....you are completely on show, however you can pul the sliding door to make bathroom private. This is ok but would only recommend you share a room with someone you know very very well! Pool is lovely, but be prepared to be over looked by the appts across the way. Service and food in the coffee shop is outstanding.

3  Thank Cat-Girl25
Reviewed 18 June 2011

The Hansar is by far the friendliest and most beautiful hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms are magnificant, spacious and very clean. We honestly both felt that we slept better in the hotel beds at Hansar, than at our own beds at home. Something we never thougth would be possible. Whatever you do-BOOK THIS HOTEL if ever in Bangkok. Special thanks to all the great staff especially Mr Dao and Candy for both being proffessional and personal. Also make a visit to the Spa, its a memory for life and the sweet receptionist whom I forgot the name of, is one of thte kindness people I met in Thailand.We will miss you all.

Best regards Michelle and Peter from Sweden.

3  Thank Kollegski75