“Luxurious, Modern and Cozy......highly recommend!”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #39 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Amsterdam
“Luxurious, Modern and Cozy......highly recommend!”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed for six days with my girlfriend in March 2011. Best hotel stay I have ever had in Asia. Customer service is excellent. Very helpful and extremely kind. The hotel is beautiful. The construction and design is really impressive. Deep dark wood floors. Natural light. Green. We slept well every night. We were especially excited about the restaurant downstairs. Highly recommend! I plan to stay at the Hansar in Ko Samui when I travel through Thailand once again. A great experience and well worth the price.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was our favorite hotel of this vacation! I can not wait to return to Bangkok and stay at Hansar. It is amazing. The staff are helpful and kind and no detail has been missed.

We were upgraded at check in. We also mentioned to Candy who checked us in that it was our anniversary and the next evening there was a cake and roses in our room with a Happy Anniversary message. Wow! Candy wasn’t the only staff member who went above and beyond to make our stay great. We also loved the extremely polite and helpful hostess called Nice, who works in the Vue Bar downstairs.

The location is perfect- near the sky train and the Siam Center. You do need to use the sky train to get to most places. When you arrive at the airport- be sure to have a map or information about where the hotel is- because it is new not all taxi drivers know it. You can tell them it is behind the Four Seasons and that is probably enough information.
Unless you are traveling alone- it is cheaper to take a taxi (300 - 400BHT depending on traffic) rather than public transportaion (also faster) from the airport.

The room was huge and had the most comfortable bed I have ever been in. The bathroom had a great shower and bath. There were 2 sinks and plenty of counter space.

The breakfast was incredible. There is plenty of selection and great service.

Our favorite part of this place was the live entertainment in the Vue Bar each night. The piano player arrives around 6ish and then around 7 the rest of the band shows up - the voice of the piano player and main singer were well above the normal standard for bar music. We couldn’t believe how empty the place was considering the talent of those perfomring. Also amazing, but not cheap, is the Hansar Martini - possibly the best drink I have ever had. They had extended happy hour (buy one get one free) deals for hotel guests.

I suggest booking directly with the hotel to possibly get extra deals.

Stay here- you won’t be disappointed.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The Hansar Bangkok is arguably the best hotel that I have stayed at in Asia, Europe or the US. I just returned from a trip to Bangkok and staying at the Hansar was the highlight of my trip. Location is great, in one of the nicest areas of the city a block from the sky train. Service and amenities are as good as it gets, I felt like I took home a gift bag with all of the cool toiletries they have in the room, not to mention that the mini bar is all free and refilled daily! When we came back from dinner there was even a tray of fresh fruits waiting for us. We only had a basic room, but felt like we got luxury treatment.

What I liked most about the hotel though was the style and innovative design. As soon as you walk into the hotel you feel like you have escaped the hectic city and entered a serene retreat in the mountains. There was artwork from local designers and tribal villages in the room and around the hotel which made our stay feel much more authentic than staying at a chain hotel. If there is a room available, I would definitely recommend staying at the Hansar, it seems to be the hot Bangkok hotel at the moment and it definitely lived up to the positive reviews I read on this site before I visited.

Room Tip: Since the Hansar is a high rise all of the rooms have great views regardless of what direction you a...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Booked this hotel (as part of an overall around Thailand trip) based upon the other reviews on TA. But what's the big deal....? The hotel is new and so the rooms are fine, but nothing special. Tucked down a side alley, the only convenience is that it's near the train.... but a substantial walk in the heat & rain to go anywhere else.
Service was average.... had to wait far too long to check-in, and bags took an eternity to reach the room. Phone service through Guest Services was also a challenge.....
The hotel is not bad, but after the reviews it left us disappointed, for this was just an average experience......

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
209 Thank John H
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Everything that has been written about this property is true. I've stayed at the Mandarin in Bangkok, but now I have found a new place to stay, especially with a better price.

# Our 1 bedroom was fantastic, huge bathroom, huge tub. Comfortable bed. A "den" area. Stocked fridge that was free. Washer and drier (tip, after you dry your clothes, you have to wait 3 mins before opening it). I could not have been more satisfied by the room.

# Pool: Very relaxing. However water is cold. But the bar is great, esp during happy hour.

# Gym: Incredibly modern. Only problem I had was the staff was so attentive, they basically were standing behind me the entire time, which was awkward.

# Breakfast: Perfect choices of both western and asian foods. Excellent french press coffee.

# Location: A 5 min walk to the BTS. Really not much in the immediate area aside from hotels. A good 10-15 min walk to Lumpini Park, which is good for a nice run when the air is tolerable.

# Staff: Very accommodating. The manager went out of his way to be sure we were satisfied. We checked out at noon, but had a late night bus at 10pm. He told us to leave our bags with the front desk, and when we came back for them, offered us to us the spa area to wash up before our trip. Outstanding.

Overall, I love this place and with a price much better than the other five star properties. We want to live here, seriously. Well deserved #1 on tripadvisor.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2011

There was nothing I could fault with this hotel. Great location and very spacious rooms

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Camborne, Cornwall
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Given that has no grounds around it and is right in the heart of a large Asian city, this is a nice hotel. It comprises about twenty floors of steel and glass construction and so, for those inclined to vertigo, it's slightly unnerving moving close to the outer skin of one's bedroom.

Rooms, however, are airy, clean and spacious and, on upper floors, views are extensive. Whether there's anything worth seeing is a personal choice. Public spaces are likewise airy and comfortable, and an unusual and attractive swimming pool is situated on the sixth floor. It is unusual because one side also comprises the outer skin of the building; one hopes that it does not spring a leak!

Bar and dining areas are pleasant and comfortable, and the standards of cuisine high. Staff are attentive and obliging. For guests, internet access is readily available and is free. The hotel will also arrange airport transfer for a fee - worth the extra cost if your aircraft lands at some ungodly hour.

At US$215 per night (GBP135), this is plainly not the cheapest option; at the same time, it is not outlandishly expensive.

If I were revisiting Bangkok, I'd certainly be quite content to return to this hotel for a couple of nights. It merits commendation.

Rupert Wyndham