“Truly Excellent - Not Your Average 5-Star Experience”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #41 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Beijing, China
“Truly Excellent - Not Your Average 5-Star Experience”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Had a 3-night pleasant stay with the Hansar Bangkok - truly 5-star experience. The service was impeccable and the friendly staff attended to every minor detail, not to mention the trendy design and the signature greenwall in the hotel rooms.

I enrolled in the Small Leading Hotels and was upgraded from studio to Urban, which is more spacious but unfortunately doesn't face the goal course (which is a signature city view of Bangkok). Free Wi-Fi and complimentary mini bar are big plus. Pool and gym are excellent and considered bigger than the what a boutique hotel generally offers. The lobby bar has nightly live performance - again a kudo that boutiques don't generally offer. Breakfast at the hotel's Eve and lunch at Boco are very tasty.

In all, the Hansar exceeds expectations on all measures. Will definitely return next time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Le G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Surrey
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My wife and I only stayed at the hotel for one night and we got an upgrade but i would say this hotel is fairly close to perfect for a modern city centre hotel.

The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel from reception to waiters. Always a smile and always working quickly and efficiently to help you out. The room was lovely, massive for a city centre room, enormous bathroom, incredibly comfy bed, good sized lounge area etc. Really nicely decorated with some local artwork and perfectly clean. And free minibar!!! Other hotels please take note.

The pool area was lovely, long if narrowish pool, with a very relaxed and clam feel. Great bar by the pool producing top cocktail at very good prices.

We also used the restaurant Eve, which was excellent and good value. Breakfast was superb, lots of choice and very attentive service.

Would highly recomend and will be looking to stay at their other hotels.

It very well located in the centre of Bangkok close to the Sky Train.

In terms of value for money we good a very good deal and an upgrade so i am a little biased.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank apm1500
Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Heard a lot about his hotel and did there for four nights last week from 29 September to 3 OCtober. The service was at high standard, all staff are friendly with smile and show very helpful on many occasion. the room was big and clean and the service staff did a good job to keep our room clean and tidy regardless of all my shopping placed in the room. The breakfast, though the hotel is small, but the food provided was adequate and the service of the waiting staff was very good. one thing i want to share is , their staff not only courteous to guest who staying in house but to our visitor too. one day, my friend came by to see us while we were out. while he was waiting at the lobby, the staff provide him with newspaper and a glass of water. what a touch.
We try the restaurant EVE in the hotel for lunch on our day of check out and found the food quality is of a high standard and the price is more than reasonable. A two courses lunch with antipasto and a main course charge only B430.
Definitely wanted to go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Hansar for a few nights on our whirlwind tour of Thailand. We scheduled with the hotel to be picked up from the airport, as we were arriving very late. That started off our smooth trip to the Hansar. When we got to the hotel, we found it to be beautiful, clean, and in a great part of the city.

The manager on duty checked us in and showed us to our room (a Sky suite), which was roomy, immaculate, and beautifully decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable. In the morning, because we were going to be leaving before breakfast for a tour, the hotel prepared a lovely boxed breakfast and fresh cappuchino for us to take with us.

All of the staff we encountered were extraordinarily helpful and courteous, making any request seem simple and do-able. I would definitely stay at the Hansar again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank conradish
Oslo, Norway
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,609 helpful votes
Reviewed 2 October 2011

...is that it is so easy to get disappointed. I am sorry to say that Hansar Bangkok was not as good as I was hoping it to be.

Sure, it is a stylish hotel, and it is situated very close to everything. The Central World mall and The Gaysorn mall is just five minutes walk away. And for a running fool like me, Lumphini park is about 1 K to the left of the hotel on Ratchadamri road.

Hansar Bangkok is a good hotel, no question about it. However, I really do not think it deserves its first place rating of Bangkok hotels. But, the customers are always right and many people obviously like it for different reasons.

I did like the location of the hotel. Very close to everything, yet a little bit away from the noisy Ratchadamri road.
I did like the people working there. They did a very good job, and they were always kind and helpful.
I did like the gym.
I did like the breakfast. I missed nothing, but I did not get any positive surprises either.
I did like the interior design of the hotel. The lobby and the dining area is mainly of wood decor and very stylish.

I did not like that the hotel is also an apartment complex. People have their homes here. All though they have a different entrance than the hotel guests, I felt that it somewhat disturbed my feeling of staying at a hotel.
I did not like that when you take the elevator you all of a sudden ended up in a parking lot.
I did not like the corridors leading to the rooms. They actually did remind me about a apartment complex.
The rooms are very nice. They are large and comfy. But the best in Bangkok? No way. Two years ago I stayed at Banyan Tree Bangkok and I paid a little bit less than I paid at Hansar.
Banyan Tree is miles ahead both in style, quality and room standard. It offers all the things I missed at Hansar. Several good and affordable restaurants. The price at the Eve restaurant can´t be defended.
We were told that we had been given a Vertigo suite. However it did not look like one according to the web pictures. We did not get a view over the park as we believed we would.
The wi fi did not work either.

I did not like the pool area. You look straight into the building blocks over the street, which are so close that the practically block out most of the sun.

This is my point of view, of course. A lot of people would disagree. I am aware of that it is a lot of different things that puts a hotel on the top of the list; price, location, service, standard, value for money, etc. Actually I have never been disappointed after picking a hotel from the top of the Tripadvisor-list. But this time I was.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1483 Thank Imedvindfranord
Sydney
Reviewed 30 September 2011

The "con's" .....1. rooms are noisy - apparent when you can hear chlidren crying in the next room ! ....2. Shower - the temperature of the water is either HOT or COLD - don't try to get it somewhere in between - annoying ....3. if you are a "tall" person (over 5foot5 ) expect to sleep with your feet on the couch at the end of the bed.
The pro's ....1. The rooms are huge - so i would recommend this hotel for an extended stay....2. Internet is great......3. staff are extremely helpful and friendly...4. overall service is 5*...5. Great Location
I can see why the Hansar is #1 - however there are other hotels which are as good or if not better.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BusinessTravelsAsia
Sierra Madre, California
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We come to BKK a lot for business and stayed here 2 weeks.

- the rooms are spacey, modern, functional, chic

- the staff is very well trained and attentive

- the food (room service) is very good! Special tip: Club Sandwich and Green Curry ;-)

- the area is safe, in a high-end shopping district, there are no red lights flashing the streets

All in all, definitely a place we can recommend!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business