“Superb hotel”

Ranked #39 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Superb hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We only stayed for 3 days , but could happily spend a month in this fabulous hotel. Rooms ,food and staff were all fantastic . Situated in a quieter area of Bangkok but only a 5 minute walk to the rail station ( by far the easiest way to travel in this congested city ).
The restaurant is one of the best in Thailand, not the cheapest, but worth every Baht.
The free mini-bar and drinks are a nice touch and the beds are simply the best anywhere.
Everything that a good hotel should be- thouroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a studio suite- enormous.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlieb235

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Best hotel ever! Free WiFi, fully stocked mini bar (free and refilled a couple of times a day), free breakfast, I love the Urban Suite which has a glassed in garden. 2 Flat Screened TV's (one in living room with DVD and one in bedroom. Luxury linens, safe. Desk is fully ready for business (paperclips, hole punch, sissors, tape, etc). Beautiful bathroom also has everything you'd need (razor, hairdryer, tooth brush & paste, iron, etc). Location near great shopping. LOVE IT! Won't stay anywhere else in Bangkok.

Room Tip: I looked at a few rooms...not a bad one in the bunch!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pvjo
Sydney
Reviewed 22 October 2011

My family stayed at The Hansar Bangkok for 8 days last week and we did not want to leave. We had Studio Suites and an Edge Suite and all were incredible. The suites are huge and beautifully appointed, the bathroom is divine, desk, daybed - you couldn't ask for more. We looked forward every morning to breakfast on the terrace with a choice of Asian and Western dishes, all perfectly prepared and displayed. The staff at the hotel are very friendly yet professional and were always happy to help with every aspect of our stay. We asked for late check-out and it was no problem. I cannot recommend The Hansar Bangkok highly enough and thank you Trip Advisor for your recommendation, it deserves the Number One ranking.

Room Tip: We had 3 rooms in different areas of the hotel - all were good and very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Great hotel, very highly recommended. near shopping area (3 min. by tuktuk or taxi) and sukhamvit road. Staff went out of their way to help with any request. the rooms are new and highly maintained – extremely comfortable bed. will certainly go back – one of the best in Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2011

The Hansar Bangkok was a splendid experience. We booked a 2 night stay for our stopover in Thailand. Breakfast was amazing with both western and eastern tastes catered to. We booked a Studio Suite complete with ensuite bathroom, lounge and desk space. This was ample size for my husband and I. The room has a safe and we had no security issues. The room also had a balacony with city views. The Hansar is located about a 2 min walk to the Ratchadamri BTS which is one stop from Siam and two stop to National Stadium both which have large shopping malls(MBK and Siam Square and Siam Paragon). It is also one stop from Sala Daeng and the Silom district so I found the location of the hotel to be excellent. The hotel is located in a side street which is well protected from the main thoroughfare so noise was not an issue. At the top of the street there is also a "street guard" post. Hotel staff were very welcoming, helpful, courteous and extremely polite and well-mannered.The Wi-Fi also worked very well. The suggestions for improvement I have are the following which I verbally advised to the hotel:-

1. Ensure staff provide clients with the correct information. We booked a dinner cruise through the hotel that was recommended by them and were told that drinks were included in the cost of 1500 baht however when we got to the cruise we found that this was not the case and drinks were extra. Alcohol in Thailand is very expensive, therefore we ended up paying about $60AUD for a bottle of wine. Fortunately we had our credit card with us but we any person could have gone unprepared leaving their funds behind in the hotel safe thinking they may not spend anymore than they were lead to believe. Further to this we were told we would have to take a taxi back to our hotel room from River City which was not the case as our driver pick us up and ferried us back to our hotel after the cruise.

2. Recommend reasonable and authentic (we asked for a traditional Thai place where the Thai people might go) restaurants when asked for a recommendation. We were recommended a restaurant which firstly wasn't that easy to find, secondly ended up costing $120AUD for the 2 of us which I consider quite expensive considering for that amount in Australia I could feed 5 people in a Thai restaurant ! Also, the place was empty and there did not seem to be any authenticity about it at all. Were I not embarassed, I would have got up and left.

3 Thank ooElektraoo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We stayed at The Hansar for 2 nights early sept and then 1 night our last night in Bangkok. I loved it, breakfast, pool, rooms were lovely, service good everything about it was lovely which is why on our return from 2weeks in Hau Hin we decided to stay at The Hansar for our last night.
We stayed in the Edge suite for first 2 nights which had an additional cussioned square area . On our last night as we were leaving very early the following morning we asked for the studio , we got upgraded at no extra cost though we got upgraded to the Edge and paid for the Urban rather than being upgraded to Urban and paying for Studio. We decided not to mention this as we had such a lovely time the previous night starting off with cocktails the hotel bar which was within the executive hour, wonderful! Free cocktails , just had to sign with our room number. We then left to go out for the evening.
After checking out the following morning we had a taxi waiting to take us to the airport, it was at the airport that I realised my hand luggage bag I had left out in the hotel room and my purse which contained a £20 note ( English money) no longer contained the £20 note this was the first time during my holiday that I didn't put my purse in the safe! Silly mistake and a real shame as the hotel was perfect in every way but my advice is to put all valuables away safely in the safe! Obvious really and something I would always do without question but lesson learned!
However nice the hotel was this experience would put me off going back in the future.

12 Thank Danrich71
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 October 2011

When the taxi turned down a "Soi" (a small street/alley) I thought, "what have I done"!
The taxi was attended by two welcoming young men, one who took our bags, the other showed us to reception.
On informing reception of our name and reservation the receptionist said, "Let me show you to your room", where she checked us in.
What a room it was, or should I say two rooms, bedroom and living room with an office, each with a 40" flat screen TV.
The next pleasant surprise was the complimentary mini bar.
Other reviewers will tell you it has the most luxurious bed and linen you will find in a hotel together with a sensational bathroom and they are right but the highlight for me was the personal attention of the staff, for example, showing me how to use the free wifi on my phone.
Breakfast is included and you won't find better. It caters for all nationalities.
You can walk to the main shopping area and the monorail station is at the end of the Soi.
This is six stars for under $200 (in September).
Grab it.