“Great Hotel”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #44 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Picked this hotel based on the review on tripadvisor and they really lived up to their reviews. Hotel is a short distance walk from the BTS and there is big sign showing Hansar once you walk down from the BTS. Walk towards Erawan/Courtyard/St.Regis for the BTS exit. Once you are in the Soi things are very quiet and calm although this place is not far from the city.They also have Hansar Residence but looks like they have different access area and lifts. If you are in a taxi, just ask them to go to Four Seasons hotel and take the next street or soi after Four Seasons and the hotel is on the left. St.Regis is the latest hotel in that area.

Was upgraded to the Urban Suite, which meant we got view of the apartments in front of us but didn't bother us much. The suite was big and they had the hanging garden which was very nice touch. Room was large, with mirrors at many place.They had sliding mirror to separate the living room from the bed room. The sound proofing at the hotel is good unlike some hotels I have been. The bathroom was huge with a rain shower and a bath tub. I may say this is one of the biggest bath tub I've seen in a hotel. Nice

Service level by the staff is very good. Breakfast spread was not huge but sufficient for a short stay. The food at The Eve was good, dinner was great although the staff there was little over enthusiastic to clear the plate or to know how we were doing, there were only a few diners on a Monday night. They were giving 15% discount on food during our stay.

The 7-11 is further down the road from the hotel so that is convenient. The pool was nice but tad bit cold. The sky terrace bar on the 19th floor was not open yet but the view from there is nice, you can see the race course and some sky line.

The thai massage at the Luxsa spa was one of the best I ever had in Thailand. it is not cheap, Baht2,800 for 2 hours but they had buy one free one which made it more reasonable. The girl was really good and check if the pressure was too strong and which areas I wanted her to concentrate and what a great job she did. Yit comes highly recommended by me.

Overall a great place to stay, service level is good and another couple we saw were very happy with their stay as well.

1  Thank rockymsia
Write a ReviewReviews (2,961)

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Great place. Feels like home. Amazing pool. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Having only a day and a night in Bangkok I thought I would splash out ( sorry no pun intended given present climatic conditions ). The Hansar lived up to its trip-advisor reputation and on line photos in every way. From the stylish reception area to the indoor wall garden in my (upgraded) suite to the cantilevered raw silk covered daybed .. to the stone bathroom ..rain shower .. fabulous sheets .. lovely toiletries, complimentary beer and snacks... should I go on ? ..Cellotape and staples .. didn't need them but if I had ....!
Surrounded by high rises, the rim pool, exotic blossoms and secret zen gardens offer welcome respite from the city rush. Tasty inexpensive cafe or more exclusive dining room. Breakfast ( or dinner ) served on quiet verandha. The hotel is small enough to offer genuinely warm and personalised service. Thank you to all the staff .
Looking for an excuse to go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 November 2011

The room was very nice and large and so was the bathroom, very nice decoration and extremely clean. Service is amazing, staff is very helpful and always with a smile on their faces. Because this is a new hotel they are very mindful of guests' opinion and I could not find any faults (and I am a very fussy guest!). They were very accommodating and had no problems in fixing me with an early check in. The only thing that disappointed me a bit was breakfast. Not a great variety of bread and the juices were not nice, orange juice tasted like Fanta.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as a preliminary to my son's wedding in Thailand. To my belief, this is a new hotel and the staff went out of their way to impress us - they succeeded. Our suite was excellent, the restaurant and bar facilities were top knotch; the pool and gym were also good. I felt that the management were very attentive to our every need - it all made for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seenoff
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I have been travelling to Bangkok now for the last 15 years. Usually on a multi stop trip. I have stayed in some wonderful 5 star hotels. However I will no longer be looking for Bangkok hotels. The Hansar is where I will book from now on. Could not have been made to feel more welcome on arrival by Candy. They upgraded us and the room was amazing. Great natural woods and the most amazing comfy bed. If only I have found this at the beginning of my holiday, as only spent 1 night on my return trip. Had previously spent 5 nights in The Tower Club at Lebua ( dont bother). The Hansar is in a great location. Turn right out of the hotel and in a few minutes walk you are in Siam Square, furher on Cenral World MBK all within walking distance or Skytrain. We had to check out early and we were presented with little Hansar bags with fruit, danish pastries, drink and sandwich for our breakfast. Most welcome. I work in the travel industry and shall be certainly recommending this hotel to all my clients and we have a big Far East clientelle. I shall be back to Bangkok next year on route and will be staying at The Hansar again. This hotel is an osasi of calm in a bustling metropolis. No great views, but the rooms and staff more than make up for this. Please try you will not be disappointed

Room Tip: Vertigo Suite Amazing
3  Thank shirleyoco
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Was seeking a little luxury amongst the chaos of Bangkok and this hotel definitely met my expectations. Right near Ratchdamri train station (S1), I chose this hotel as it recently won an award from the UK in NOV '11 as a boutique luxury hotel. Service was excellent and the rooms were classy, modern and not overdone. I liked the architectural design of the building. Yummy eggs and great fruit at breakfast. Happy hour by the infinity pool was great after a session at the well equipped gym; with lots of cardio and enough weights equipment to suit my partner and I. The concierge in particular were most helpful arranging transport and managed to track down my camera that was left behind in a taxi! Oh, Otto and Sam exceeded my expectations and I look forward to seeing them again when I return to Bangkok next weekend; after some Island hopping.

Room Tip: Vertical room is the over 100 sm; very nice bathtub in the middle of the room with better views comp...
1  Thank Bex B