Stayed for 5 days / 4 nights in a studio suite. We had some problems with the room:
1. ) The toilet would not flush properly (had residual waste / toilet paper, no matter how many times you flushed) throughout our stay. We did call for them to fix it twice and the hotel did try to fix it and also issued an apology letter and gave us some very nice chocolates as an apology. But it still didn't flush properly, in fact some of the water would spray up on to the seat, so we started having to lift the seat up to prevent it from getting wet after each flush). Anyway, we gave up trying to fix it after the third day and just lived with it. On hindsight, I think we should have asked to change rooms (unless of course this is the same in all the rooms). Also, if the hotel couldn't fix the problem properly, I think they should have offered us another room.
2.) Lights in the room could not be switched off. First it was the lights in the study area / kitchen area, which I think they fixed by removing the bulbs (there are two sets of lights in this area). The second time, the lights in the vanity area next to the bathroom area could not be turned off. We called them to fix this and this time it was fixed somehow.
3.) Water temperature of the shower is hard to adjust, either too hot or too cold despite numerous adjustments.
Good points of this hotel:
1.) I found the service in this hotel (aside from their handling of the problem with the room) generally to be very good. Very helpful, attentive, informative and the english spoken is good.
2.) Location is okay, 1 minute walk from Rachadamri BTS. But almost no conveniences nearby the hotel (there is one convenience store in the hotel across the road). I would prefer to stay in a hotel where there are more shops around, but that is my personal preference, this hotel's location has its own benefits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hansar Bangkok, an unrivaled luxury experience just steps away from the heart of Bangkok and a short one-minute walk to the BTS Skytrain, yet nestled in the seclusion and comfort in Bangkok's most prestigious location, Rajdamri Road. Endless and enchanting views of Bangkok greenery, outstanding architectural elegance and timeless style, amenities to please the most discerning traveler, this is the Hansar way of life. Our suites are steeped in modern comfort and amenities, contemporary yet timeless in style and adorned in Jim Thompson silk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hansar Bangkok Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Bangkok Hotel Bangkok