“Wonderful stay.. concierge was outstanding!”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #44 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay @ the Hansar and really felt taken care of by the staff, esp the concierge. The Urban suite was spacious & well designed for 3 ladies. The lush foliage was a nice touch.Toiletries were replenished daily, as were our complimentary bottled water & complimentary mini-bar. The Luxespa was excellent as well, very experienced and good therapists & the attention to the small things made the difference - making sure my tea wasnt too hot & then changing it when it was without me having to ask; the hot towel neck massage at the end was a great touch too.. One thing to note was that I only found out on the very last day of our stay that there was a promotion of 40% discount for 90min massages from 10am-4pm daily until 31 Aug. We would have appreciated being informed of this promotion when we had our massages on our 1st day there.
The concierge deserves special mention. They booked all our restaurant reservations (which i requested over email prior to our arrival) and even printed out maps for taxi drivers so they knew exactly where to take us and when I wasnt sure where something was located, they took the initiative to google it and got the details all down for the taxi drivers. We were super impressed! They really went out of their way to help us and we truly appreciated it!
Location wise, excellent as its so close to BTS station and when the traffic got bad (which it did), so glad we could hop back to the hotel using the skytrain rather than sit in non-moving traffic.
Would totally recommend this hotel to all my friends! A wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BeadyEyes
Write a ReviewReviews (2,961)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I chose Hansar based on its high ranking on Tripadvisor and I must say that I am very very happy with my choice. Rather than writing paragraphs, I made a pro and con list.

Pros:

-Iced towel and drink upon checking in.

-Excellent location. 1 minute from TBS Ratchadamri station and about 7 to BTS chit lom station. Walking distance to major shopping malls in Siam.

-Every room is a suite, and they are huge. Our studio suite had not only a living area, but a separate study and the bathroom is just amazing. The space is used in such efficient and well planned ways that the rooms seem even bigger.
-Our room had a little balcony, but not every room has one.
-There is a washing machine in every room. Completed with complementary laudry detergent and fabric softener. There's also a little kitchen and pots and pans as well as cutlery is provided.

-Free everything!
Free mini bar with 6 bottles of soft drink, 2 beers and 5 different kinds of snacks, local and imported, replenished everyday. Free wifi, 85% of the time it's very fast and stable, which is more than a lot of hotels can say about their chargeable internet.
Free breakfast, not the most amazing for variety, but quality is very good. I loved my morning curry and fresh fruits. They also have egg dishes made to order. You can also sit on the patio if you like.

-Service is usually very good. Most of the staff here are very polite, friendly and always happy to help. We have had a few not so great staff who seem like they could care less, but most of them are genuinely nice and made us feel welcome and at ease.

Now on to the cons:

-Like most toilets in Bangkok, flushing isn't strong enough. You really have to hold the button down to flush and when one of us forgot the other has had unpleasant encounters with the toilet.

-The shower is my biggest complaint I have about Hansar. The shower is an independent room completed with its own door. The problem is that when you close the door, there is a gap in between the two pieces of glasses that make up the wall and the door. So basically no matter how much you try to avoid it, the shower water gets splashed out onto the bathroom floor through that gap, leaving the floor all wet after you shower. And the water temperature is extremely unstable. It can get uncomrtably hot and then uncomfortably cold in a matter of minutes. I've had to finish my shower cold a few times during my 1 week stay.

-The bed is too soft. I can only feel the slight kink in my body when I wake up in the morning, but it leaves my boyfriend's back very sore every morning and he has to stretch it out for 15 minutes everyday. This might be a personal preference but I don't think they have the best bed to begin with.

-Every night I use the vanity kit from the box in the bathroom to take my makeup off and that is the only thing we ever use out of that box. Then 3 days in a row they didn't give us a new one. I had to use my own that I brought, once I ran out of those I called housekeeping on the phone for 3 more vanity kits, despite those things being labelled as such, the person on the other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about. My call had to be transferred to someone else and I had to explain in detail what vanity kits were. The whole thing would not be nessesary if they would have just replenished them each day.

Like I said, I was very happy about my stay at Hansar, and all the problems I mentioned above aren't really serious and easily fixable by the hotel. I think I would stay here again next time I am in Hansar and I would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank justinehsu
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Dear Sir,

My family and I stayed in Rooms 1412 and 1414 from 7 to 9 Aug 2013 and we were very comfortable in the Hansar hotel rooms. We felt a sense of serenity when we stepped into our rooms as the feature wall of hanging foliage certainly was a pleasant surprise. The rooms are tastefully furnished with full amenities. The mini bar was much appreciated and catered to midnight snacking and rejuvenated us after hours of shopping. The complimentary fruits were also delightful additions. The hotel is conveniently located with transport easily accessible.

We wish to also make special mention of the Concierge staff especially Eddy and Knight who always had ready smiles with helping hands to open doors and help with our luggage and shopping bags. They are knowledgeable with helpful transport tips and directions to our various destinations. They truly went the extra mile and are assets to Hansar hotel as they provide a very good first impression from the moment we arrived till our departure.

We are also much appreciative of the assistance rendered by the staff at Reception who tried to accommodate our requests especially the manager who was well spoken in English.

Breakfast was ample and satisfied our cravings. The restaurant staff were always pleasant and accommodating and service was efficient and very good.

We look forward to returning to Hansar Hotel in Bangkok and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends.

We had a pleasant stay and hope to return in the near future.

Best Regards,

Mrs Susan Yeo

Room Tip: Both our rooms were equally good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue Y
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is a smallish hotel, yet still has all the usual 5 star amenities. The pool and gym are good by hotel standards. Lovely on site restaurants, and a piano player in the bar after dark.

The hotel is located in a quiet side street but is still only a 5 minute walk from a sky train station, and an easy 10 minute walk from major shopping malls.

I've stayed at a few good hotels in Bangkok, and I'd say the is my favourite.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brizzietraveller65
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at the Hansar for three nights and had a great time! This hotel is not small but it doesn't feel as busy and hectic as the large chain hotels in the city. The hotel is located in a small street behind the four seasons complex so its very close to the upper rail station and to the Siam shopping area.
We got upgraded to the Urban Suite which features a patio garden wall, a spacious living room/sitting area and a huge bathroom with a unique glass paneled rain shower+wide bathtub.
The hotel is new and very clean, the bed was super comfortable and every evening we got a little surprise - some chocolates or fruits.
The pool is stunningly beautiful and the breakfast buffet was great too. The staff was also very attentive and super nice. I wouldn't hesitate staying here, it's really a great hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank giladdv
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Hansar for 3 nights in mid August 2013.

Location is fantastic, just a quick 2,3 stations away from Siam Paragon, MBK and Central Plaza World. Also, there are many other hotels nearby, so no worries with taxis.

We stayed at the Urban Suite. 2 adults, 2 young kids. Spacious, especially liked the living room area.

Outdoor pool is also nice, on the 8th floor, very quiet. The only complaint is it was too private, not many staff around. Felt like there was too much consideration for privacy.

Breakfast at the Eve was excellent. Salad, Thai rice and noodles, Greek yogurt all tasty and fresh.

We had to leave very early in the last day, and the hotel was kind enough to prepare lunch boxes for us. Nice touch.

Concierge was quick and courteous. Wifi did not work, they brought up a connector to the room instantly. Quick to answer any recommendation questions as well, we asked for a dinner place nearby, were recommended an Italian right across the street, which was very good.

Overall, great location, great breakfast, fantastic service, and so many smiles!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have now stayed twice at this sleek, kind-of-boutique-style hotel in Bangkok. Both times the experience has been outstanding. Whilst the hotel may offer slightly less breadth of services than the well known 5-star brands, it delivers everything it does to a very high standard and in an impressive client (guest) oriented way.
From the check-in, breakfast, the restaurants, the gym and swimming pool service, the concierge, everyone at the hotel seems very focused (in the well known Thai superfriendly way) at delivering a top notch experience for the guests. And all of that happens at very competitive rates.
We wholeheartly recommend this hotel for a stay in Bangkok, for anyone who is not set his or her mind to pay twice as much for maybe more glamorous but less personal luxury options like the Shangri-La and Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family