“Great location and spacious rooms”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #39 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Great location and spacious rooms”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We arrived at the hotel and immediately greeted with cold towels and a tasty welcome drink. We were checked in by Aod, whom is a real credit to the hotel. He was very efficient, appreciating that we had arrived from a long flight but also informative. He said we could freshen up and then see him again later should we have any queries which we did.
We had booked an 'edge suite', the room is large with separate living and sleeping areas. The bathroom is impressive with separate walk in shower and bath tub, and his and hers sinks. The mini bar is complimentary (including beer) which is a nice touch.
The breakfast at the hotel is amazing! I have never felt compelled to write about a breakfast before this but this hotel have a great breakfast. There is many fresh fruit, fruit juices, cakes and pastries, cereals, local thai and Japanese cuisine to choose from the buffet. You can also have eggs any style, or pancakes/waffles cooked to order. I'm aware that this is the same for most international hotels, but the cleanliness and service of this breakfast service was something to credit. There is nothing worse than a breakfast buffet full of flies!
Location of this hotel is perfect, 2 minutes walk to the Ratchadamri BTS, 5 minutes walk to central world shopping centre, and 10mintues to Siam square. From Ratchadamri via the BTS to saphan taksin, it is very easy to catch a river boat to either of the main temples and palace or Asiatique ( good pier style bars/restaurants/market) at night.

1 Thank James1185

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

always wanna stay at Hansar because of all the positive comments...but turned out to be overrated...
I booked via SLH and it's my first stay as member.despite already told them that the stay was for anniversary, no upgrade which was slightly disappointed. (well they offered me 3 pieces of chocolate instead) 5series bmw picked up from airport (1900baht per way)and chk in was nice, but the hotel room was just a hotel room. found just one bathrobe instead of two , water in the shower area made me wonder who's been using that before chk in(and I chked in at midnight)some lightbulb malfunctioned .....miss my order of French toast.. though some may think I m just too picky but to be honest I expected more...
be aware of the open garden in ur room ( urban suite ), u may be able to see the room and bathroom downstairs :p
breakfast taste just soso not many choices and salt and pepper r a must for the egg benedict!i agreed with others that coffee is good
the location is a problem although just 5 mins walk to bts but if u need to go to chid lom u either hv to take bts and transfer from Siam or walk. with heavy bags and so both ways r not recommended.
oh and the carpet at the lift lobby. (I stayed at 13/f)it's getting dirtier each day and I wonder if thts on purpose.
lots of hotel choices in bkk and I hv stayed a few. dun think I will come back again though....oh last but not least...the bang bang sound from closing the room door keep us awake!
staffs r friendly though....

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Minna1228
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We had an outstanding time at this hotel. The room was one of the most beautiful and well designed i've ever seen, as well as the bathroom. Immaculately clean, and superbly comfortable bed. The infinity pool is stunning and the staff very professional and helpful. Each drink was adorned with a beautiful orchid. The breakfast is a lavish buffet that is included with the price.

Aod, one of the hotel staff, assisted us with any request and was extremely welcoming. Knowing it was our honeymoon, he had a thoughtful surprise prepared for us.

If you have a chance to enjoy the spa service you will not be disappointed. Our couples massages were out of this world.

Park and Oh at the valet desk were also very accommodating and friendly, always there to greet us and open the door for us.

We had stayed at the W Hotel in Bangkok the night before, but much preferred our stay at the Hansar.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

By far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. On my first trip to Bangkok, I stayed with my partner during a short city break and we found the facilities of both the room and the hotel to be outstanding. The service is also warm and welcoming throughout, whether it be during breakfast service or asking for directions around town. The location of the hotel is also conveniently located near a station that will give you easy access to most places in the city. All round great value for money too! Will definitely be visiting again.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MikeGS86
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 November 2013

My wife and I ended our honeymoon trip at the Hansar Bangkok and couldn't have been more impressed by the hospitality and kindness of their staff. They went above and beyond our expectations to provide us with a memorable time in Bangkok. Aod, who took wonderful care of us during our stay was simply amazing. He provided us with an experience that we will never forget. The hotel itself is situated right near the BTS station which makes it a convenient way to tour Bangkok. The Hansar Bangkok Hotel will be our first choice the next time we visit!

Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just one word, wonderful! This is the second time we stayed here and we were impressed as much as the first time. The room is impressive with a beautiful bathroom and the mattress is so comfortable, just like a dream! The service is brilliant as always, ready to assist you in everything, discreet and on time. My wife also enjoyed the fitness center and I enjoyed the pool where you can relax taking a swim. Great price, great location and great service, we do recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed in the Hansar Hotel for my honeymoon, and it was perfect!
Rooms were huge and comfortable, and I was surprised to find it came with a washing machine and stove as well. Beds were super comfortable, and the decor in the room was clean and modern, just the way I liked. And of course, how could I not mention the complimentary minibar!
The breakfast buffet was great, and you could even order from a menu of Eggs Benedict, French Toast, Waffles and Pancakes! Coffee was great too!

Service at the hotel is also very personal. Although they were running at high occupancy, all the staff were still very prompt and helpful that it felt like we were the only guests there.
Huge props to the guys at the concierge who helped us with getting taxis, and making sure we knew where we were going! Hansar is located pretty close to many huge shopping centres like Central World and Siam Paragon, with a BTS station just less than 5mins out from the hotel if you don't want to get stuck in the jams.