“Perfection”

Ranked #40 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“Perfection”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I can't say enough positive things about our experience at the Hansar. We stayed January 8, 2014 for our last night in Thailand and it was the perfect way to end our trip.

We had no trouble finding it - it is located steps from the skytrain (so convenient!) right beside the Four Seasons. The area is extremely luxurious with the best shopping in Bangkok all in the neighbourhood. We were greeted by a very friendly and informative Aod who made us feel very welcome and comfortable right away.

The room (Urban Suite) is gorgeous and very spacious, the washroom is stunning, the bed is uber comfortable. The bar in the room in stocked with beers, sodas, waters and snacks - all available for complimentary consumption. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the complimentary breakfast included in the room price but we did enjoy Eve restaurant for dinner (Definitely recommend eating there if you stay at the Hansar). We also enjoyed the spa in the hotel which was nice.

The service was impeccable, while also very friendly. The rooms are very well designed and very clean. The additional facilities (spa, restaurants, pool, etc) make you not want to leave your hotel. I was very impressed and have recommended it to friends already.

Room Tip: Urban Suite for extra space
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
India
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Was for a short holiday over the year end holiday season.

Tucked in a corner, away from the main street hustle and bustle, this hotel is a real gem!

The whole construction is very eco friendly with natural air and light doing it's magic in the rooms and public areas.

The live wall in the room is a real treat. Quite and efficient service is probably the best part about this hotel.

Will definitely be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Hansar for the first two nights of our honeymoon trip in Thailand. Overall we were both very pleased with our stay. It was clean and most importantly quiet. It's not as busy as many of the larger hotels but offers the same amenities. Often times it felt like we were the only guests there. The price was also very reasonable. Rooms were quite large, all the restaurants were excellent, pool was very nice and the gym, although relatively small, had everything you needed. Would definitely recommend this for those looking for a clean and quiet place to stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 January 2014

excellent location, not too close to the mall area, so the environment is mice and quiet. but if u wanna go to the malls, just 3 to 5 mins walk to central world, 1 min walk to the BTS station. and the staff Ado is nice, he gave us so many advise on our travelling schedule.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank jojo930
Austin, TX
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This was our second stay at this property. The first time we stayed here was right after the hotel had opened in early 2011 and we loved our stay back then.

We stayed here for 3 nights in late December and I had booked an Edge Suite (like last time). I was traveling with my wife and young children and I had made some particular arrangements for their sleeping quarters inside the room ahead of time through the SLH Reservations line (where I am a "Loved" member).

Airport pickup was not flawless like last time. I had to go find the Hansar person at the collection point in the terminal and it took some time to get the driver and car, which was not ideal at 1am but also no big problem. It just wasn't as seamless as last time.

Once we got to the hotel, check in was fast, friendly and welcoming. The room was not set up to our previously specified arrangements. The rollaway bed for one of my kids was missing, as were adequate amounts of towels and bedding for my second child. To get this taken care of, we ended up having to call housekeeping and then we had to have them followed up with a couple of times before we truly had everything we needed. By the time we were ready to go to bed it was past 3am.

This is the only negative I can conjure up about our stay. On to the positives:

A couple of days after our check-in, we got a heartfelt letter from the manager apologizing for the issues with room readiness along with some complimentary chocolates. The impressive part is that w had never complained to anyone or even mentioned it. I was positively surprised by their awareness of shortcomings.

The room itself was excellent as it had been previously. Great walk-in rain shower and ston bathtub, nice toiletries, good linen quality. The bed is outstandingly comfortable. I have had back problems for quite some time and sleep on latex mattress at home, and I did not have a single back ache from sleeping in the Hansar bed. The free access to the minibar is awesome with the kids (they are always hungry and thirsty it seems) and it takes the pressure off having to go somewhere to stock up on something to eat or drink. The cantilevered day bed is awesome for just sitting on it and reading, but it also doubled a my daughter's bed at night, which was one of her highlights of the trip I think.

Food at the hotel is also excellent. Breakfast is now at Eve (as opposed to Boca when the hotel first opened) and it is a buffet. Tim, the f&b manager is always out to insure that guest get the best service and food possible and the staff does a nice job with breakfast. The eggs, waffles and pancakes etc are ordered a la carte and included in the cost of breakfast, as are lattes, cappuccinos etc. There is also a rather excellent number of Thai food options each morning ranging from soups to curries to stir fries which are all delicious.

We also ate at Boca one night and their Thai options are priced reasonably and are very tasty. If there is a night when you don't want to expose yourself to the bustle of Bangkok after a full day of sightseeing, sitting down at Boca, having a Singha and eating some green curry simply hits the spot.

Service in the hotel is uniformly good and standards are high. Employees are always friendly and try to please eagerly. The concierge at the hotel is pretty helpful. We wanted to do a day trip to Ayutthaya and he found us a driver for the day. He said it would be between 3500-4000 Bht for the day (8a-5p) and we ended up paying 3500 plus a reasonable tip. I am sure one can negotiate a better deal, but it was hard to beat the convenience of stepping in and out of the car right at the hotel and have everything taken care of ahead of time.

Other activities that are fun and nearby, especially if you are traveling with young children is the Queen Saovabha Snake Farm and Lumpini Park (where you can ride paddle boats with the youngins).

Check out was fine and return transfer was without a hitch.

Lastly, be aware of one thing...if you are a SLH Club member (like me), note that this hotel has a poor track record for me when it comes to honoring some of the Club membership benefits, particularly the upgrade. This is my second time staying there, and I believe the hotel was not running at full capacity (it did not last time either). I had booked through SLH and as a Loved member, I believe I should have received an upgrade offer, but I was not offered that. My advice is to not bank on an upgrade at this property even if you are entitled to said upgrade and even it the hotel is still selling larger suites during your stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steffen P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I have been to Bangkok many times and stayed at different hotels here every time. Hansar is certainly going to be my new home whenever visiting Bangkok. It is as beautiful as the pictures seen online and the serivce and staff are second to none. Aod was the man who introduced us to all that Hansar had to offer and he was an amazing help, ensuring our every want and need was taken care of while visiting. The room is beautiful, with free minibar that included soft drinks, liquuor and snacks that are replenished daily. There is a washing maschine, awesome bathroom and shower and the bed was truely incredible. Thanks Hansar, we will be back soon.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndreCato
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

If you're looking for a place to get away from the chaos and crowds of Bangkok, the Hansar is for you! It's set on one of the cities few quiet, tree-lined streets and from the moment you set foot inside their large, clean and ultra-modern lobby you'll feel as though you've been transported into a peaceful retreat. The rooms are large, and are arranged as suites, with a separate sitting area, desk, kitchen space (complete with a washing machine!) and spacious bathroom with double sinks. We stayed on the 16th floor and had a room where the windows actually opened to let fresh air in which was really nice. Snacks and beverages in the minibar are complimentary as is wifi which was a little spotty, but still a really nice amenity to have. The staff was friendly and helpful around the clock. The hotel is located near one of the sky train stops, which makes it easy to navigate from other parts of the city. The pool terrace looked lovely and inviting, though we never actually used the pool. For breakfast, a buffet as well as an a la carte menu with Western-style food options was available. We really enjoyed our stay here and were relieved at the end of each day to have a peaceful, spacious and clean room to return to.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple