“Amazing room, wonderful staff”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #44 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room, staff, restaurants and the pool area in this hotel are like an oasis in Bangkok without the price tag. We ended up staying an extra 3 nights. The 'free' minibar was a great bonus with Bangkok heat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the time to write a testimonial on your stay with us. We are glad to learn that you were able to enjoy most of our services which we especially designed for all our guests.

We would encourage you to make your subsequent room stay bookings through our website to avail of our special promotions and packages that have been tailor made for you only.

Happy holidays,

christopher@hansarbangkok.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,961)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful rooms available, we chose the Edge. Wow, superb finishes throughout, and then the interior wall 'garden', so absolutely beautiful. The bathroom was fantastic as well as the lounge area and the little desk area. The well stocked mini bar was 'on the house'. The breakfast and dining area were also very nice. The 8th floor housed the well equipped gym and great change rooms. The staff were extremely helpful, including the young gentlemen who work the front door section. Gave good tips for sight seeing etc. The best is that you are a mere 500m from the Sky Train.

Room Tip: There are 5 different types of rooms to choose from, we chose the Edge. We were situated on the 11th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

In the middle of Bangkok a few blocks from the American Embassy and steps from the sky train is the ultra conveniently located Hansar Hotel. GREAT service, delicious breakfast, excellent restaurant and comfortable stylish rooms make this the perfect place to stay in this exciting city. A pool on the eighth floor is comfortable and a good place to spend some off time from the fabulous sightseeing Bangkok is so well known for. The size of the hotel makes for intimate service, and the indoor-outdoor bar a welcome spot to decompress. After many trips to Bangkok this would be my choice for a home away from home.

Room Tip: The urban suites are very comfortable with lots of space and amenities, although all rooms are well...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

before returning to europe from samui's hansar resort we always take a break at the sister resort in bangkok. '
we love the place, spacious accomodation, centrally located, with the skytrain within easy reach, a quiet place for a good night's sleep;
breakfast is excellent, so are the restaurants. with the eve restaurant for us a bit too much sea-food oriented, we always end up in the hansar's cafe boca, with great, tasty food.
special thanks to the guys at the entrance, the concierge and his crew, sorry forgot their names, they are great, always a smile, a friendly word, and, of course, helpful at any time !!!! thanks guys you are my favorites !!!!!!
ps: in case you are interested in a private tour guide we've used the services of thaitourguide, run by chob, check out his site, 100% satisfactions guaranteed, at least, for us ;-)

Room Tip: all rooms quiet !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wolf1050
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a month and am overall very happy about the choice.

Building and rooms are elegant, well designed and the staff is 100% on pleasing.

Note that some of their meals are anorexically small, but the quality is unmatched.
Finally, I would advise the hotel to invest more in their internet service, specifically to get more routers for better wifi signal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your review of our property on your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing some of your valuable comments of which we have seriously addressed to our IT department to improve on.

Do give us the pleasure of serving you again in the near future to make your stay with us more memorable. Please visit our website for more upcoming special promotions and packages only for you.

Happy holidays,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Why do you choose a 5 star hotel? You choose it because you expect to be treated well and you pay for the service as much as the comfort. Undoubtedly you can stay in luxurious accommodation in Bangkok for less money but then you wouldn't necessarily receive the same attention or care.

Three nights ago I arrived at the Hansar for a two night stay, I was en route from Laos where I work to the UK and wished to treat myself to a special stay at a nice hotel and I had only read good things about the Hansar.

I arrived late Monday evening tired, hot and scruffily dressed, yet from the moment I arrived I was treated like a king, from the bellboy Ping to the reception staff. They asked if I needed a taxi reserving for my early departure on Wednesday and brought me a hot towel and a cool drink while I waited for them to complete my paperwork. They smiled and they meant it.

In total I met 4 members of staff in the first 30 minutes of my stay and all of them remembered my name 24 hours later on. The hotel is not flashy but it is luxurious and stylish, nice seating areas, excellent food and drinks and even the simplest room such as the one I took was extremely comfortable. Very nice fittings and furniture, lovely toiletries and free minibar but apart from the lovely staff the bed is really the highlight! Amazing!

Sadly as is possible wherever you may stay in the world foolishly I had left a very large sum of cash in my room and while I breakfasted on Tuesday morning a large sum was stolen from my room. Obviously distraught I informed the management who investigated promptly and helped me to fill in the police report. I was extremely upset and angry at the time and left the hotel for the second night to stay at the intercontinental and returned to the UK Wednesday morning.

This may not well read as a recommendation but this is where I am duty bound to write my real review. Most hotels do not cover your losses due to theft but the management at the Hansar took pity on me in my situation and took me on my word that I had been robbed, probably by a cleaner. They had no reason to trust me nor to offer recompense but by the time I had returned to the UK and couple of emails later they generously offered to gift me a 5 night stay, valid for 9 months. To make up for my loss.

That to me is the essence of 5 star service.

I have never experienced any service as just or as honourable in my life, they now have in me a loyal customer for life and my heartfelt recommendation for all of you reading this. It's a very very good luxury hotel and it is full of great people who deserve your custom. Treat yourself, don't look at the other hotels in Bangkok this is the hotel you want. You can stay there safe in the knowledge that the people who run the hotel understand what 5 star really means. Bravo the Hansar hotel!

Room Tip: The basic room is really very nice indeed, far better than similar priced rooms in the Intercontinen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank AdamJohnKnight
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Adam,

Many thanks for taking your time to write such an awesome testimonial which has been a milestone in the history of our property. You've made a remarkable clarification that demarcates a fine line from being in the state of negative to that which has turned to being positive and a loyal guest for life to the Hansar Bangkok.

We wish to be of further services and assistance to you in the near future and anticipate your needs more closely.

In the mean time please do visit our website for more upcoming specials on our promotions and packages that will meet your taste.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Boasting large over sized rooms, complimentry drinks and snacks daily, wonderful concierge staff Ping & Oh were very helpful & accommodating with arranging transport and directing drivers & taxi's to our nominated area's.

We have had the pleasure of staying regularly on business trips to Bangkok, The location is set back 1 minute from the main road and Skytrain, a very safe short walk to major shopping malls & restaurants night or day.

I recommend the hotels private transfer from the airport, It makes all the difference after a long flight

Beautiful Jazz bands and Piano most evenings at the Hotel Lobby bar and lounge, Food & Beverage staff are very attentive & friendly.

Highly recommend Hansar for Business and Couples. I've stayed in most of the Hansar rooms however I highly recommend the Urban Suites.

This Hotel gives you a very welcoming feel, a sophisticated ambience, friendly & accomodating staff! Breakfast buffet is well equipped, I've always found the experience consistent throughout each visit.

Room Tip: Urban Suites are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share a detailed account of your stay. Your descriptions and observations on the hotel’s facilities and services are greatly appreciated. They are similar to other guests’ feedback.

Even though there are many choices in the city, when it comes to price, we do believe that we offer a great value for the quality of our products and services.

We look forward with the pleasure to meet and exceed your expectations on your next visit to Hansar Bangkok. Do let us know if there is anything in particular that you may require to make your stay with us more enjoyable.

Visit our website for more upcoming special rates for promotions and packages just for you.

Warm regards,