Hansar Bangkok Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
3,050 results
All reviewsurban suiteedge suitevertigo suiteeve restaurantfour seasonsluxsa spacomplimentary mini barratchadamri bts stationst regisconcierge teamhuge bathroomwasher dryerrain showerpillow menucentral worldliving areasiam paragon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hansar bangkok for a week for my brothers bucks party. I also had a room at the Lebua hotel for the duration of my stay.

My stay at the hansar was superb. First thing to commend is the appearance of the hotel. A small boutique hotel with teak wood, vertical gardens and lovely interior styling, it was dripping with style.

Secondly is the service here. This was one of the things that made my trip really special. From the bellhops (Oh, Meng and PK), the kitchen and bar staff, the cleaners and the workers in the Luxsa day spa. Everyone attended to my every request with a smile. Truly great work there guys. Lovely people to deal with.

The room I had was a edge suite. This was well equipped and I love the layout of the room. The vertical garden echoed that at the front entrance of the hotel. Nice touch. The bathroom was expansive but could do with a bit more maintenance as it was looking a bit dated (very minor issue). The rooms were so good that I did not even stay one night at the Lebua (even though I had a room there for the duration of the trip as my brother and friends had suites at Lebua)

I also partook in a 2 hour Luxsa day spa package. I wish I had done this every day of my stay as I was in heaven. Absolutely Devine. Alas, bucks party duties prevailed.

My one issue with the hotel is that many taxi drivers have no idea where this hotel is, making returning home a bit of an adventure.

Overall great location, superb service and tops value make this a hard option to pass when deciding on a hotel when visiting bangkok.

(Pls forgive any spelling or grammatical errors as I'm typing this from my iphone)

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Jesse T
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Hansar Bangkok for your recent stay in Bangkok.

Our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests' reviews before booking their own visits. We're always eager to hear what you liked and how we can improve.

Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Hansar Bangkok the next time you're in Bangkok.

Please do visit our website for more up coming promotions and packages just tailor made for you.

christopher@hansarbankok.com

Reviewed 15 August 2014

At the end of my 9 day trip to Bangkok I stayed at the Hansar. I booked an executive suite and upon check in I was helped by ms. Pang and Adi. Very helpful and kind. The hotel is quite small and quiet and that's why I booked it to compare with shangri-la and kempinski. Overall was excellent, but for me the bed was too soft and many taxis don't know the location of the hotel yet. So I had to tell them to go to four seasons hotel (formerly The Regent). Breakfast was small spread. Not to compare with the shangri la. Treated myself on a 2 hour massage and that was of course on par. Bathroom is amazing. Most staff were very friendly except 1 older guy who at breakfast who never delivered my tea (1st time took 15' while guests were not more than 8, second time didn't bring it. Had to ask young girl and got it within a minute). Go there for the big room and pool. If you want stadium view don't take the executive suites, instead book a deluxe suite 59m2.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Virachon N

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time taken for you to have written this commendable review for us.We hope that we met your expectations and most importantly you had an enjoyable stay with us with the hope to make Hansar Bangkok Hotel your new home on all your future visits to Bangkok.

Please do visit our website for more up coming promotions and packages which are tailored for you only.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few times, beginning 2011 when it was fairly new. I really liked the hotel at the beginning as an alternative to some of the 5 star hotels in Bangkok. I liked the modern design, especially the shower and the bath tub. However, my most recent stay in June this year left me wondering about the future of this hotel.

The rooms looks a little dated now, with old, warped carpet in some places, the cabinet doors don't fit well anymore and the shower was a bit stinky (not sure of what). The rooms are not very sound proof and one can hear the people on the corridor.

The service was not really on a luxury level anymore: the staff (with the exception of the concierge staff) were fairly unfriendly. When I checked in and I had to look for my passport an extra 10 seconds, I was led away from the check-in desk (there were no other people). There were some small extra charges that were applied that I thought were unfair. My polite comments that these charges are unjustified were rather impolitely rejected. Some of the items in the room and the bathroom were not replaced by the house service staff.

Compared to a proper luxury hotel, the Hansar has a sad bar. There was a good band, but essentially no customers. One evening the TV was turned on for a sports event (not exactly my idea of a Jazz bar environment). The breakfast buffet features cheeses that are left in the open for too long. That looks like a serious health hazard, and raises questions about the training of the staff.

Another thing I didn't notice at first is that some of the rooms have a really bad layout, and get very little natural light. On my last visit, the internet connection was spotty and broke down at times. Upon check-out, the hotel admin program did not work and I had to wait for a while. On the last day about 90 minutes before check-out time, the house staff camped in front of my room waiting for me to leave (?).

Another problem this hotel has is that it's a dark alley, and I am yet to find a taxi driver who knows the location of this hotel. One morning I needed a taxi early in the morning, and ordered it the night before. When I arrived in the morning, the taxi had to be fetched from the main throughway and a non-metered fare had to be accepted (in the absence of any other taxis there was no choice). No surprise that the discussion about a tip started as soon as we pulled out of the hotel driveway - very unpleasant experience. It's the first time I have encountered this problem in a hotel in SE Asia that targets the luxury clientele.

On one of the my stays, noise from a party emerges at about 23:00 from the neighboring room. Since I had to get up early the next day, I called the reception and asked that noise be stopped. A long discussion followed, with offers that I could move to another room etc etc, because the party "had just ordered food". Only when I told them that I would call the police if the noise does not stop, were the people moved to some other location. Luxury boutique hotel?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank anglosuisse
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate for your time taken to write this review, but we are truly concerned on your response period of time which took almost three months to forward this review to us.

All your constructive comments have been taken into serious consideration to our various faculties of management team to review in gross detail of your unpleasant testimonial that has been of bitterness.

Having only 94 rooms with 5 room types, we are dismayed to understand your checkout that took 90 minutes, which is absolutely not been our standard at all.

Again we must state that our staff has been very amicable, proactive to meet and greet all of our guests at all times. Since they have been specially disciplined and trained to carryout our mission statement - HANSA (to be in the moment of happiness) which is the epitome to reach out to all our guests.

The large TV screen at the Rouge bar was placed there during the World Cup FIFA football matches on guest demand that were the highlights during that period, when you stayed with us as our guest and not merely a coincidence to have this along with the jazz band.

We always contrive to keep the produces offered to all our guests at its maximum freshness.

There are always rooms for guests who prefer daylight to those who like it dim lit. On request we can provide each type of room to suit individual preference.

Again we look forward to any other clarifications or constructive suggestions you may want to bring forth to the under signed.

With gratitude,

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Hansard is sterile. I mean this in a good way. It is a clean, boring, quiet hotel that is located on a side street. While many would find such properties in a hotel defeating the purpose of coming to Bangkok, it is a good option for the businessman who is in town for a short period of time. For everyone else, this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank towelcarrier
Hansar-Hotel-Resorts, Director of Sales at Hansar Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time taken to write this review and stay at the Hansar Bangkok.
Indeed we are sad to learn that you found our property sterile and not the way you had anticipated it to be.

Please write to me in particular what were your expectations during your stay with us and will take it to the next level with our staff to make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

in the mean while do avail of our special offers on our website for both promotions and packages that are made for you only.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel! I knew that our dollars would go a lot further in Thailand but boy, I had no idea how far. This hotel is much more reasonable than an American or European Ritz or Four Seasons and the service is just as good if not much better! Free mini bar, gorgeous rooms/bathrooms, attentive staff and an absolutely superb breakfast!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple