“Great Hotel”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #43 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I had a great experience staying at this new hotel. It's conveniently located near Silom and Sukhumvit with Rajdamri BTS station just a few steps away and the service is almost perfect.

• Stayed: February 2011
There are newer reviews for Hansar Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed 5 February 2011

Hansar is new. Staff in on alert at all time. probably the best Asian service money can buy. from walking distances of all shopping areas. Awesome pool and fitness area. one of the top city's restaurant. this is the first time that I take the time to write a review, but I feel they really deserve it. did I mention that for the price of a one of a kind suite at Hansar, you get a tiny room in Paris, France my home city .
Going else where would be just insane. let them know Dimitr Francelet sent you!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dimitrifr
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I had the opportunity to stay 4 days in the Hansar Bangkok, and it might have been a bit short to enjoy all the amenities of this magnificient hotel !
The rooms are large and comfortable, with a very refined design and their bathrooms are just probably amongst the best you can find !
A special thanks to the staff, very dedicated and professional, and always pleasant !
The location in itself is perfect, and the shape of the Hansar tower in itself is quite unique and unmistakable !
Thanks again for a memorable stay

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I stayed at the Hansar with my wife and two kids (age 2 and 5) and we couldn't have been happier. I had booked an Edge Suite for us, which was perfect in terms of its size. The suite was perfectly appointed with a magnificent bathroom, a cantilevered daybed that hung out over the side of the building and afforded views.

Service was brilliant. No flaws on behalf of the staff, and they loved our kids. Breakfast was terrific and having a bottom-less minibar was just really fun for the kids who loved the fruit juice.

As others have mentioned, the Rajadamri train station is less than a couple of minutes to walk and getting around Bangkok is easy from there.

When we go back to Bangkok, I wouldn't dream of staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Steffen P
Reviewed 26 January 2011

We were off to visit my brother & sister-in-law in Bangkok and having never traveled to this part of the world, was not sure what to expect. I had heard wonderful things about Thailand, and this was my chance to experience first hand. My brother & sister-in-law live across the street from the Hansar Bangkok so it was the perfect choice given the location. I have to say, not only was it perfectly situated in the heart of the city, it was the perfect hotel in every way. I felt like we were staying in an oasis in the middle of the chaos of Bangkok. While the hotel had only been open a short while... it operated as good, if not better than any Four Seasons or Ritz. The staff were professional and very attentive, always smiling and happy to attend to your every need. The food was fresh, tasty and reasonable priced. The spa was heaven on earth... the hotel had a certain essence about it that was indeed very special. When they found out that we were going to Koh Samui, they informed us that they had a sister property there. It was a no brainer... we booked in with the Hansar Koh Samui and was equally impressed with the property. If it sounds like I'm a fan of these property, I am and would highly recommend anyone going to Bangkok or Koh Samui... if you want to be pampered, these property/resort in Thailand are the places to be!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rklowy
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I stayed at Hansar for 2 nights in late January. In fact I'im still here and felt compelled to share my impressions of this very beautiful hotel.

Location: Perfect - right next to the Four Seasons. The hotel is 200 steps (I counted) from Racahadamri BTS station so getting around Bangkok is a breeze.

The room: We stayed in a Vertigo Suite and the room is awesome - huge and elegant. You enter into the lounge and study area. Polished floor in entry and hall - carpeted elsewhere. To your left you enter the massive bathroom with seperate shower and toilet cubicles, central bath, twin basin - lots of gleaming glass, mirror and clever lighting. And through the bathroom is the fantastic king size bed on a platform. Lots of use of raw silk here ( If you are wondering, there IS a TV in the bedroom. Sometimes overlooked in Suites with a seperate living ares). The bedroom is cantelivered over the street with great night time views.

The design: The whole hotel is designed in a very understated style - lots of burnished timber, grey silk, chocolate leather, moody lighting. A very calm ambiance to return to after buzzy Bangkok Streets.

The pool: On level 8 - plenty large enough for laps and far from the noise of traffic. Adjacent gym area is well equipped with all the latest.

Service: The hotel is new and the staff are falling over themselves to be welcoming and efficient. Its working. Finding my shoes polished after the room was serviced was a great touch.

Summary: Before booking Hansar I was tossing up between The Peninsula or The Sukhothai (hey - you only live once...). Both of these hotels are much more expensive than Hansar and while the Sukhothai is similarly elegant you get half the room size for double or triple the rate - and it is no where near the essential BTS system.

I really can't fault Hansar and I'm very picky. This hotel is destined for a bright future in the crowded Bangkok hotel market. If I were managing The Sukhothai I would be worried. Hansar is beating them at their own game. I'll be back and I'll be sending anyone I know who is visiting Bangkok to this discovery. They will all thank me.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fussyOz65
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was traveling with my wife and infant son and we all shared the same sense of "awe" when we first arrived at Hansar Bangkok. Having traveled to Bangkok many times, I have spent time at many other hotels in the city but never with a baby and I don't know if any other hotel would be as accommodating or as gracious than the staff that helped us at Hansar. After the staff meet us at the curbside they all took the time to introduce themselves not only to my wife and I but to my son as well. They welcomed us inside to sit down with a drink for your bar and took all the paper work to us for us to fill out and sign. Within minutes they escorted us to our room and had all of our bags waiting for us. Waiting inside for my son was a crib, toys, baby lotions, baby shampoos and baby soaps. The best was the next morning when my son work up at 6 AM due to the time difference and we went for a walk. One of the staff met us and asked if there was anything they could do. I said we were fine and he then asked if I would like a tour of the hotel since we were walking around. I immediately took him up on the offer and was shown all the hotels amenities and services that were available. He apologized profusely that nothing was open at this time but asked the staff at the Bocca Cafe if I could sit inside with my son even though they weren't open yet. They were preparing for the day but each of the staff stopped their prep work to see if I needed anything and even made me a coffee for myself and some rice porridge for my son. The rest of my time was spent in awe at the beautiful building and all the greenery that surrounds it. While I did not get to use the spa or the pool (due to scheduled appointments) I was able to go to the cafe every morning for a great breakfast and a nice morning drink. The restaurant Eve was terrific; amazing food, amazing service and very reasonable prices for such a high-class venue. I can't wait for my next trip to Bangkok so I can try out another room at Hansar Bangkok, perhaps the loft next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family