“MONEY STOLEN IN THE LOCKER!!!!”
Review of Baan Sabai

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Baan Sabai
Ranked #734 of 1,245 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
Geneva, Switzerland
“MONEY STOLEN IN THE LOCKER!!!!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Never go there they stole like 200 dollars from my friends and me. We I notice it they guy start lougthing like I was crazy.

Never go there, they stole 200 dollars from my friend and I. When we noticed it they started laughing like I was crazy. We were sure about how much we had because we took a picture of it before leaving it in the safe and even left a note with the amount we had inside the safe. But when we opened it there was no note and some of the money was missing. We called the Khao San Road police but they might have some arrangement with them because they were not afraid and after a few words exchanged between the two parties, the police left.

I even got to talking with some other guests that think money was stolen from their own room because 100 dollars were missing!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mari-C90

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Awful rooms, terrible staff that stole 5000 baht from my 'safety' deposit box!
Rooms had no plug sockets and staff denied any knowledge of missing money.
I was shocked that lonely planet had reccomended the place

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank Izzydorothym

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Auroville
Reviewed 23 May 2013

been to baan sabai some 6 times in 8 years. Cheap, well located, quiet. Last time - 10 days ago.
We are always on a limited budget, and we keep very precise accounts of our expenses via ifinance. We also generally keep the cash on us. However, we left it in the luggage for a day as we went to a water park and felt it was safer there. We travel with a baby. She distracted us and we forgot to lock the luggage. Once back - we noted cash was stolen. Smartly, not all. Some notes from here and there, for a total of 650 euro. If we would not be so precise with cash, we could have had the doubt we actually spent it... they took small notes, of different currencies, and from assorted pokets of our cash wallet...
Sad. It really looked like it was an inside job counting on us not to notice it :(

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Marta C
Byron Bay, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Never had a problem here and I've been staying here for the past 4 years whenever I'm in Bangkok. The safety deposit boxes of mine have never been broken into - however I have never left anything valuable in them in the first place. The rooms are clean and the shared bathrooms are pretty good. For the price and location you can't really complain if luxuries aren't on your list.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at the Baan Sabai in November 12, and used the safety deposit box. Most of our money was gone when we took our valuables out, it was in pristine dollars sealed in plastic ready for Myanmar, so we didn't check straight away. The manager denied all knowledge when i later phoned, emails went unanswered, and when we confronted him face to face recently, he said it was impossible. Do not stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank dianeandmark_13
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 4 April 2013

So other than their hit and miss service with a smile their lockers that they advise guests to use are a joke. I had over $200 taken from my locker with in the past 3 days. They told me I was the only one with a key so how could it go missing. So they are telling me that they do not have spare keys when a guest looses theirs... I call bull.

They continued to tell me that I must have taken the money out and spent it on something and I don't remember. I know for a fact that money went missing and there is nothing I can do about it.

If you chose to stay here be careful with their locker system. I chose to use the lockers behind their desk thinking it was safer than the lockers in their lobby. Lesson learned. I should not have left $ in the safe in the first place I guess.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank lyssablackman
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 20 March 2013

It's a decent place with very reasonable prices. However, the single rooms are very, very small and windowless, so I always rent a double, even if I am solo. The rooms are immaculately clean and you can actually get a good night's sleep in any of them, unlike many guesthouses in that area, which are too close to bars with loud music that goes until 4:00 am. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of a blanket in the room, and the fact that I wasn't able to even purchase one at the guesthouse, or find one for sale anywhere in that area.

Room Tip: As I've said above, the single rooms are pretty grim--and not for the claustrophobic. The lack...