“Lovely Cafe”
Review of Vic3 Bangkok

Vic3 Bangkok
Ranked #245 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The location is very good, near BTS Phayatai Station. The rooms was clean with proper facilities. The staffs were ok but very busy all time. The cafe where we had breakfast was very fantastic,it made me review for this hotel :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nutsukanya

Reviewed 11 April 2013

The facilities are well kept and clean. The room was good and the breakfast quite acceptable. The bed was comfortable.On the other side, it is a bit far from most tourist points. You need to know you're way around Bangkok's BTS lines in order to avoid taxi fares that can be exaggerated, especially at night. Tour service desk works properly and the staff is nice. On the other hand, the front desk staff was not very helpful and less smiling than the average.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paulo B
Reviewed 19 March 2013

The hotel is in the good location, from the airport, you can catch the airport link (train) to Phayathai station and change the BTS for Sanampao station (the hotel is about 100 metres from the station).

The room & bathroom very clean. It's very good value for money.

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and can thoroughly recommend it to all who do not require luxury and grovelling doormen to confirm their status in life.
The staff are young and helpful, the rooms are modern and clean, the bathroom is beautiful and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms are small, but more than adequate - because we don't spend all our time sitting in hotel rooms, do we?
The breakfast is adequate, not special, but hey I DO like to eat the same thing for breakfast every day.
Close to the skytrain, just minutes from everything that is happening.
Go there - if you're a reasonable person you'll love it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Taucherchick
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I picked this hotel because I have to see a friend in Area Ari. However, the price that I have to pay for my kid was far too much I expected for a 3- star hotel. With the extra cost of 750 Baht / 950 Baht ( including breakfast ) per night, it came up to a 4-star hotel price. So, if you are traveling with a family, please think twice as there are better choice elsewhere. Also, the room was just too small to put an extra bed in and we simply have nowhere to put the luggage except on the table. Last but not least,

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

The hotel is very nice and very conveniently situated in Phaya Thai, some 300 m from Sanam Pao Skytrain station. The hotel itself is good value for the money if you stay one or two days. I was on a business trip and stayed there for nine days. Just try to imagine nine days in a row having identical breakfast! The choice at buffet is so poor that it does not correspond even to 2 star European standard.
The hotel is non-smoking and there is no conditioned smokers lounge. So, very quickly all smokers got acquainted on a small terrace outside restaurant.
The prices at the restaurant (and bar) are too high, an espresso costs 7$! The cleanness of the hotel is fair, could be better, much better. One evening I found thick traces of noodles on my bed sheet?!?
Rooms are well equipped with spacious bathroom, the Internet is acceptable and check-in and -out is a matter of seconds.

Room Tip: Simply try to avoid third floor because of noisy guests at the swimming pool
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Borislav R
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I picked this because I needed to be in the area, it's very near Sanam Pao BTS so convenient for travel. As a smoker, I noted that the hotel is non-smoking, and I can't say that bothered me.

Check-in was quick and painless, but when I got to the room I was disappointed to see something more akin to one of those Euston tourist traps: If I'd brought a cat with me, there would be no swinging.

You couldn't use the toilet with the door open, that kind of thing.

Thankfully I was only there one night. I'd booked a wake up call and a taxi before I went to bed, and I saw them write it on their sheet.

However, I was there at 06:30 and the taxi wasn't. There is nothing I hate more than being harrassed at the start of a journey. I asked them to check if it was coming and then I got the old "I don't speak English"/wander around ignoring me routine.

So I won't be staying here any more.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo